How I've Sold FE Part Time For 10 Months

It sounds like you have solid structure, which is what I am lacking. You've inspired me to set a strict hard calendar and stick with it. Thanks for the thread, Rearden.

The key is to be consistent with what you are doing. It cannot be hit or miss.

I can definitely see that now. When I started, I just hit the ground running. Very erratic. I didn't know what I was doing. I just knew I was doing it.

I understand that I need to be consistent to have any longevity in this industry. Thanks.

You really cannot stress this enough. When I started out, I was cold calling for my own leads. Developed 20 leads cold calling my first week, then sold 3K in AP the next week. Waited 2 weeks for my cash to flow in and bought 20 TM leads, sold 1800 in AP, waited 2 weeks to buy my 2nd batch of leads 1200 in AP. Waited a few weeks and got a real good batch of TM leads that I sold over 6K in AP but that was spread over 3-4 weeks.

Whenever I had leads, I was doing well. When I didnt, I didnt do well. Simple as that. If you know you can sell, you can never have enough leads. And DM definitely has a better shelf life than TM. And now that Im getting used to them, I do like them better than TM.

I, too, have been doing this part time. Like, 15-20 hours a week. I do set my own appointments and do my own office work and now that school's out Im working about 25-30 hours a week for the past 3 weeks (I work 20-25 hours a week at my church).

I just tallied my #s for the past 4 months. I've sold 18K in AP. Ive spent about $3K on leads. I think I can double those #s in the next 4 months by just having a consistent lead source which I now have, and by honing my skills.

This is my weekly schedule. I set appts for Monday on Saturday. I work all day at church on Tuesday. Rest of the week I find 15-30 min to set appts for the next day. I work half days in the field (half at church) Wed and Thur, usually running 3-4 appts. I try to fill Fridays up. I work most of the day on Sat at the church but set appts for Monday.

Some people wonder if it's possible to sell final expense part-time in conjunction with their day job.

I've been doing it successfully for the past 10 months and figured I'd share my experience thus far.

I have a day job selling to businesses in an entirely unrelated industry, where I prospect cold over the phone and in-person, present my solution, close the business, and coordinate the completion of the paperwork and installation of the product.

I beat quota last quarter for new accounts opened and volume of business, and am on track to do the same this quarter.

Point of me mentioning this is that I am putting around 40 to 50 hours a week at my day job and am still doing a good bit of final expense business.

Now, as far as my FE schedule goes...

I have been out in the field 2 days a week minimum, sometimes 3, working 2 weekdays starting at 1PM until sunset, and all day Saturday. I get 24 leads a week, and the goal is to see 50% of them in appointments.

I have had ups and downs, but I have been consistently hitting 10 to 12, with more recently 12 to 15 presentations a week like this.

I am paying a dynamite appointment setter to set my appointments, with the goal of 80% of them being pre-set, which we have been consistently getting. Reason I'm using an appointment setter is because I just don't have the time necessary to commit what it takes to book a consistent number of appointments.

After 2 years of doing this, I am booking my appointments an hour and fifteen minutes apart with a 30-minute window, and am seeing 4-6 appointments on days where I start at 1PM.

I have also brought on a very part time virtual assistant to handle call ins and phone-based secretarial work to follow up with new and old clients. Again, I have the good intention to do this, but never seem to fit it into my day. I can outsource this activity just fine, and I believe it's actually a net profitable activity, as I will be able to conserve policies and hopefully get referrals stimulated.

The point of this post is that final expense part-time can be done. It ain't easy, and that's why I contract out some peripheral activities and focus on closing deals.

4+ year old thread.

Hi Rearden,

I came across this as I was seeing how Mah's insurance tale went.

I see you are still actively posting. I was hoping you would provide a synopsis of how you've grown/developed your business.

4+ year old thread.

Hi Rearden,

I came across this as I was seeing how Mah's insurance tale went.

I see you are still actively posting. I was hoping you would provide a synopsis of how you've grown/developed your business.

Apparently Mah made her millions and retired.. She's got this!:laugh:

Back