How Long Do You Give a Vendor to Deliver Leads Before You File a Dispute?

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
On 11/1/2016 I paid a vendor for a lead order and have not received any of them as of yet. They promised me they would be delivered by the following Tuesday. The last e-mail I received from them said they would refund my payment on Monday. Well it didn't happen so I filed a dispute with Chase. I feel bad, but they had over a month.

On 11/1/2016 I paid a vendor for a lead order and have not received any of them as of yet. They promised me they would be delivered by the following Tuesday. The last e-mail I received from them said they would refund my payment on Monday. Well it didn't happen so I filed a dispute with Chase. I feel bad, but they had over a month.

Who is this crooked vendor?

Telemarketed? Direct Mail? Internet? Telemarketed often run into dry spells if it is a smaller area but they should notify you of it and ask whether to expand area or just cancel the order. Unfortunately there are a lot of sketchy companies too. I would say a month seems excessive to not get anything returned.

If I ordered TM leads and didn't get them for a month, I would dispute it.

If it is not TM leads, then it could be different.

Also it is EXTREMELY important to call out whoever it is. Without knowing who is operating like this other agents are allowed to get screwed over also.

I specialize in telemarketed lead generation (based on the quick turnaround promised - i'm assuming you were talking about TM leads.

Typically we fill most orders in 3 to 5 business days or less. I have never taken more than 10 business days to fulfill an order.

If a vendor is taking over a month, something is wrong. I would try calling and emailing them though - you never know, it could be that they needed more area from you or sent your leads out and they went into your spam folder.

I specialize in telemarketed lead generation (based on the quick turnaround promised - i'm assuming you were talking about TM leads.

Typically we fill most orders in 3 to 5 business days or less. I have never taken more than 10 business days to fulfill an order.

If a vendor is taking over a month, something is wrong. I would try calling and emailing them though - you never know, it could be that they needed more area from you or sent your leads out and they went into your spam folder.

He posted..."The last e-mail I received from them said they would refund my payment on Monday. Well it didn't happen so I filed a dispute with Chase. I feel bad, but they had over a month."

Wow, thats terrible...did they deliver any leads whatsoever to you? Ill say that 95% of our orders are turned around in 5 to 7 business days...sometimes it may take a bit longer but we are super sensitive to the agents needs and will always call, email and reach out to them if more area is needed, which actually is quite rare.

I would say you have been very patient to wait over a month. Way more patient than most of us would be...I think your dispute is indeed valid. Good luck.

BTW, who was the lead company?

Wait for it .... Just based on past similar post I have a guess who it is. But will wait and see.

I have serious reasons to believe billy wont reveal who it is. He wants advice but usually he doesnt throw people under the bus....even when they deserve it, he is just zero drama from what I can tell, lets hope he tells us though, would be nice to know.

I have serious reasons to believe billy wont reveal who it is. He wants advice but usually he doesnt throw people under the bus....even when they deserve it, he is just zero drama from what I can tell, lets hope he tells us though, would be nice to know.

IMHO it is not drama, but helping fellow agents. Passing it forward if you will. The drama could come from the vendor though.

Back