How Long Does It Take to Get Paid?

Email is still up to 20 days after the issue. TA not advancing til draft, not a fan. Thinks it really makes agents not making backend/residual consider other options.

Not if it's on a direct express card. They send that pretty quickly. But they can't redraft a direct express card until the following month.

So then I have to mail in a payment or double draft the following month.

----------

The problems with Debit express can come in 2 ways. When a card is lost will we be able to get in touch with the people to change the card? And a huge longer term persistency problem that will rear its ugly head is what happens when these cards expire 1-3 yrs down the line? The chances of debit express customers having the same # is suspect and living at the same address 2-3 yrs later is about 25%. So carriers will have hardly made any money after 2-3 yrs. Now the carriers would love lapses at the 5 yr mark to get future claims off the book.A lot of carriers offer the day of week drafting. The problem is with people on Di get paid on the 1st or 3rd and it falls on a sat or sun.

Even if the card number is the same, the expiration date changes. And many times the security code changes. I went through a few changes already. And whatever company handles the direct express card so don't send them out until the last possible moment.

To me, It seems, that you get a lot of rewrite business off of direct express and SSBA.

Debit express is MasterCard. Do they "push" the #? By push do you mean it automatically seamlessly debits to the new # without changing anything?

Not sure but the number is issued by them the systems of VISA allow it but not every merchant works that hard for it. I have seen gym ' s like planet fitness do it.

That's crazy Jd and another example of YOUR opinion which isn't the consensus on Trans DE,.You base your opinion on 2 cases. I bet I've written around 50-75 De with Trans and hardly had 1 problem. Even on service work I've had zero issues. I've had few problems with issuance either as I fill the apps out correctly 99% of the time. The bottom line they take a lot of ailments,they have fairly good rates,they pay high comp,they require no pos and they've been easy for ME to deal with.In the past i've done a few living promise were they do pos's aftr the app comes in and oxford who's pos suck. Again some people like them but for me they suck. I know you dislike them but to paint a big brush of negativity on them is not true

The two cases they screwed up were across the board. They even waived premiums on the first major screw up.

These two clients of mine were affected both times. Even with getting their premiums waived on the first one they are fed up with Trans.

That's not opinion, that's fact.

As far as opinion goes, your's is the minority opinion among FE agents on Trans.

I talk to FE agents all the time and most hate them far more than I do. I have very few problems with Trans because I write very few applications with them.

I've always had a love-hate relationship with Transamerica, especially since they take a number of health conditions other carriers.

However, fast forward to today. There are more carriers in the mix now that take the niche cases like COPD, liver issues, and neurological issues as Day 1 full coverage. There are plenty of carriers, too, that will take the prescriptions Transamerica takes.

Even with COPD being the biggest niche they offer. You can get preferred coverage for non-smoker COPD clients with Assurity and a really good price for smoking COPD clients with Americo and now Great Western.

With each passing year, Transamerica has become less critical to have as a final expense agent.

I've always had a love-hate relationship with Transamerica, especially since they take a number of health conditions other carriers. However, fast forward to today. There are more carriers in the mix now that take the niche cases like COPD, liver issues, and neurological issues as Day 1 full coverage. There are plenty of carriers, too, that will take the prescriptions Transamerica takes. Even with COPD being the biggest niche they offer. You can get preferred coverage for non-smoker COPD clients with Assurity and a really good price for smoking COPD clients with Americo and now Great Western. With each passing year, Transamerica has become less critical to have as a final expense agent.

I thought the 3rd question for GW asks about lung issues?

I'm not with Americo.Are all smoker rates up2 ?i know cigar and chew are up1?Dont they take all the blood thinners as maintenance ? Finally have they loosed up on their crazy underwriting using formula's?With GW supposedly maintainance drugs taken over 2 yrs with no increase in dosage is ok. But GW has been terrible at communicating what ailments are covered . They've listed a few such as AIDS and cancer. What about kidney dialysis ? What about kidney disease ?. I find it interesting they'll take copd over 2 yrs but not insulin. Just so many ways for them to wiggle out of an immediate benefit ?Thered no one I've found to talk to at GW to clarify anything

Last edited:
I'm not with Americo.Are all smoker rates up2 ?i know cigar and chew are up1?Dont they take all the blood thinners as maintenance ? Finally have they loosed up on their crazy underwriting using formula's?With GW supposedly maintainance drugs taken over 2 yrs with no increase in dosage is ok. But GW has been terrible at communicating what ailments are covered . They've listed a few such as AIDS and cancer. What about kidney dialysis ? What about kidney disease ?. I find it interesting they'll take copd over 2 yrs but not insulin. Just so many ways for them to wiggle out of an immediate benefit ?Thered no one I've found to talk to at GW to clarify anything

Americo is good for a few niche cases one would normally reach for TA to cover, chiefly COPD smokers (UP2).

But I caution my agents to not send them a case with a dresser drawer full of pills.

Americo doesn't like blood thinners. And I will never send another diabetic in, even if they have only blood pressure issues, as those are the cases I got the unexpected rate ups on.

Regarding Great Western, I only use them when they won't fit anywhere else, for all the reasons stated above.

Americo is good for a few niche cases one would normally reach for TA to cover, chiefly COPD smokers (UP2).

But I caution my agents to not send them a case with a dresser drawer full of pills.

Americo doesn't like blood thinners. And I will never send another diabetic in, even if they have only blood pressure issues, as those are the cases I got the unexpected rate ups on.

Regarding Great Western, I only use them when they won't fit anywhere else, for all the reasons stated above.

We'll said on the diabetic comment
Useless they are

Back