How Many Weekly Leads Per Week?

RonRoberts

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have heard from several on the forum that they purchase 15 leads per week and make a good living. For a newbie like myself with no pay throughs or renewals is this enough to make a good living?

Out of 15 or however many leads purchased in a week how many on average are you able to set appointments with and visit the first week? For me, I am averaging 6-7 appointments from the 15 the first week and then 1-2 the following week. So I average 7-9 appointments over a two week period out of the 15, and the rest either tell me they are not interested or after driving by I still can't reach them. Are my number average?

Are the 15 enough or should I be looking more toward 20 -30? All I am trying to do is get my mail drop together in order to consistently keep my leads flowing.

I have heard from several on the forum that they purchase 15 leads per week and make a good living. For a newbie like myself with no pay throughs or renewals is this enough to make a good living?

Out of 15 or however many leads purchased in a week how many on average are you able to set appointments with and visit the first week? For me, I am averaging 6-7 appointments from the 15 the first week and then 1-2 the following week. So I average 7-9 appointments over a two week period out of the 15, and the rest either tell me they are not interested or after driving by I still can't reach them. Are my number average?

Are the 15 enough or should I be looking more toward 20 -30? All I am trying to do is get my mail drop together in order to consistently keep my leads flowing.

You mention the number of appointments but I didn't see the number of sales you are getting from those appointments.

I would think that will determine if you need to get more leads.

I don't think you could survive in my area with only 15 per week. I get 5 or more that tell me at the door or on the phone they don't want anyone coming by, and I have sold a lot of F.E., so I know it is them and not me. I think 20 to 25 out here to make it work, but there are many who do much better with less. If I could write $4000 weekly on 15 leads like JD, then we are talking.

Out of those 7-9 appts over 2 weeks per 15 leads....how many do u sell? Im assuming about 1/2, which is about the avg. If so is 4 sells a week your goal?? If ur doing 4, avg app being $650, thats $2600AP a week, Id say thats pretty damn good!!

Is that the case??

30 leads -- over the long run -- a week will average me $4000AP to $6000AP a week.

It takes me 5-6 days a week to do it (3-4 all-day long, 2 half days (9AM-5:30PM).

Weeks like this everybody swears they didn't send in the card...

You seem to be starting from the wrong end. Figure out how many sales you want/need to make per week. You would need to know your average sale in order to come up with a weekly earnings goal.

Then figure out howmany appointments it takes to get that many sales. Then figure out how many leads it takes you to get that many appointments.

Only you know your average sale and your average closings.

Once armed with all that info you will just have to mail enough to find out what the averager return is in your area.

I hope no one minds but I am going to respond to everyone because I believe this topic to be important. There are so many people I talk to that tell me statistics don't matter and they just go out and wing it everyday. The same people after talking to them one a deeper level let me know that they really aren't making a really good living (for me that equates to $75K/year after expenses and taxes). That is what I made driving for UPS...plus an extra $20K in benefits, but I won't count the benefits.

You mention the number of appointments but I didn't see the number of sales you are getting from those appointments.

I would think that will determine if you need to get more leads.

13 sales for 50 leads in 6-1/2 weeks but due to mistakes , and other reasons I have not gotten leads every week. 5 of the 13 being ssi debit cards.

I don't think you could survive in my area with only 15 per week. I get 5 or more that tell me at the door or on the phone they don't want anyone coming by, and I have sold a lot of F.E., so I know it is them and not me. I think 20 to 25 out here to make it work, but there are many who do much better with less. If I could write $4000 weekly on 15 leads like JD, then we are talking.

I don't get that so much. I either get the standard:

"I didn't send no card in"
"I thought that was some free thing"

Or they just hang up on me.

Out of those 7-9 appts over 2 weeks per 15 leads....how many do u sell? Im assuming about 1/2, which is about the avg. If so is 4 sells a week your goal?? If ur doing 4, avg app being $650, thats $2600AP a week, Id say thats pretty damn good!!

Is that the case??

Good point. If you look at the the overall 6-1/2 weeks my closing equates to 2/week but I really have only been in the field full time (as much time as it took to either go to appointments or do drive bye's) 3 weeks. I am totally new at this.

30 leads -- over the long run -- a week will average me $4000AP to $6000AP a week.

It takes me 5-6 days a week to do it (3-4 all-day long, 2 half days (9AM-5:30PM).

Weeks like this everybody swears they didn't send in the card...

I just love it when someone swears "that aint my handwriting, that must have been my son." - I laugh to myself and think how much the lead cost me and want to put a bag of burning poop on their doorstep. :laugh:

Everyone is always talking AP but isn't the real number the cold hard cash that you are able to put in your pocket at the end of the week. I personally know some that are spending $1000/week in leads, produce $10K a month but after expenses their take home is less than $4K a month.

Last edited:
It sounds like you need to up your lead count, and use a better mailer. The fact that you are getting people saying it was for free, makes me think your using the traditional mailer.
Why not door knock or cold call the lists?
Are you with EFES or Securus?
What percentage let you in their home that you contact?
Do you call and set appt? or door knock them?
Do you have a hump on your back?

I hope no one minds but I am going to respond to everyone because I believe this topic to be important. There are so many people I talk to that tell me statistics don't matter and they just go out and wing it everyday. The same people after talking to them one a deeper level let me know that they really aren't making a really good living (for me that equates to $75K/year after expenses and taxes). That is what I made driving for UPS...plus an extra $20K in benefits, but I won't count the benefits.

13 sales for 50 leads in 6-1/2 weeks but due to mistakes , and other reasons I have not gotten leads every week. 5 of the 13 being ssi debit cards.

Sounds like all u need to do is UP your lead count. Ive read almost every article on FE I could get my hands on over the last 2-3mos, 100's of post and listen to several training calls....and what it all comes down to is the avg dedicated FE agent out there closes about 1/4 of total mailer leads. So u had 50, meaning u probably saw apprx. 25 and u closed 1/2 of them, 13....which is right at 1/4 or 25% of your total leads. Now get 100 leads per month & you're closing 25...at an avg of 650AP per app, thats over $16k in AP.

New or just not very well trained agents will close more closer to 9-10 out of 50, & very good ones will close closer to 15-16 out of 50....and I think that comes with time. So just get more leads, which leads to more exp, which leads to getting 15-16 out of 50 eventually...but for now Id say 13 out of 50 is on par!

It sounds like you need to up your lead count, and use a better mailer. The fact that you are getting people saying it was for free, makes me think your using the traditional mailer.

I have idiots that think it is free no matter what mailer I have tried, and to be honest, the old stand by $255 soc sec benefit as crappy as the mailer is, has given me the best results.

Back