How Are You Storing Your Files

Allines

Super Genius
I don't think I've seen this mentioned on the forum. How do you maintain and store your client files?
Do you use:
one of the big clouds, Google drive, onedrive, dropbox etc
A third party vendor management system
old fashion file cabinets?

I don't think I've seen this mentioned on the forum. How do you maintain and store your client files?
Do you use:

Old fashion file cabinets for me. I've got a file folder for every application I've ever written.

Do you use:

Drop box. Also I started using Less Annoying CRM you can upload files and attach them to a client. The notes you put in are time stamped it's working pretty well so far.

Drop box. Also I started using Less Annoying CRM you can upload files and attach them to a client. The notes you put in are time stamped it's working pretty well so far.

I got the 2tb Dropbox account and upload everything there. It does integrate very well with Less Annoying CRM and more importantly, every client file is at your fingertips no matter what device you are on!

Disclaimer: the only downfall is that In order for YOUR Dropbox account to be HIPPA compliant, it has to be a business account. In your account management page, you actually sign a BAA agreement with Dropbox which makes your account fully HIPAA compliant.

If you are looking for a cheaper option, Google offers it also for their "work" accounts as well at just $10 per month per user.

I use Dropbox because I have found it to be universally more supported and with extra features.

After my files have been scanned and uploaded, I then shred my paper files using a shredding service.

Dropbox. They integrate with everything and are HIPAA compliant from what I understand. I save everything important on the cloud.

I do not believe any states have come out and said cloud storage is unlawful in anyway....there are a few that okay'd it. I swear I read an article on this a few months back, trying to find it now.

Anyone know 100 percent on this?

I do not believe any states have come out and said cloud storage is unlawful in anyway....there are a few that okay'd it. I swear I read an article on this a few months back, trying to find it now.

Anyone know 100 percent on this?

There are several that are: https://adeliarisk.com/hipaa-compliant-cloud-storage/

Dropbox is what I personally use, but to be fully compliant, it has to be a business account which isn't cheap. Google is cheaper, I just personally prefer Dropbox because it integrates better with the apps I personally use for my business and CRM.

And this is an example of why it doesn't pay to NOT be HIPAA compliant: You are being redirected...

Another note is if you use Dropbox Paper, the moment you sign the BAA agreement, you will lose access to it as it is NOT HIPAA compliant: https://blogs.dropbox.com/business/2015/11/support-for-hipaa-and-hitech/

Last edited:
I got the 2tb Dropbox account and upload everything there. It does integrate very well with Less Annoying CRM and more importantly, every client file is at your fingertips no matter what device you are on!

Disclaimer: the only downfall is that In order for YOUR Dropbox account to be HIPPA compliant, it has to be a business account. In your account management page, you actually sign a BAA agreement with Dropbox which makes your account fully HIPAA compliant.

If you are looking for a cheaper option, Google offers it also for their "work" accounts as well at just $10 per month per user.

I use Dropbox because I have found it to be universally more supported and with extra features.

After my files have been scanned and uploaded, I then shred my paper files using a shredding service.

Maybe I just don't know how to use Dropbox properly but I hate that you have to manually update every file that you scan to your computer to Dropbox. I had carbonite years ago and it saved everything automatically.

Do you manually drag over each file in DP?

Back