"I Need to Think About It "

Baseball7

Guru
1000 Post Club
Evening folks we all realize that this is commonly I'm too nice to say no . But trying to gauge to what degree do you guys follow up on clients that you don't write up on the spot?

First of all, objections occur because you didn't pre-qualify well enough in the beginning.

Additionally, you need to smoke out any objections with "how do you mean" type of rebuttals, and then attempt to isolate exactly what the problem is and try to persuade them in your favor.

Personally, around 1 out of 10 of those that "need to think about it" I can convert to a sale - 90% of them are deadbeat time-wasters I probably didn't do a good enough job on pre-qualifying them out in the beginning.

Evening folks we all realize that this is commonly I'm too nice to say no . But trying to gauge to what degree do you guys follow up on clients that you don't write up on the spot?

I rarely get that anymore. Got it a lot in the beginning. So you see where this is going.

I only present to interested people so I have to get the interest upfront. Then my presentation is designed to remove objections before I get them.

If I get that objection I either failed in finding the why before proceeding or I failed in the presentation.

I accept that it might be part me. But wonder as asked what percent you do follow up on, and if it's worth it vs moving on.

I accept that it might be part me. But wonder as asked what percent you do follow up on, and if it's worth it vs moving on.

I don't know what you mean by follow up on. If you mean after I leave the house I don't follow up at all. I either trash the lead card or give it to the person.

No follow up if I leave without an application.

Nor do I do the think about it close.

And as others have said percent of folks that get back in contact with you is .1%?

Kinda new at this but if they have to think about it normally I don't follow up on it. I at that point feel the sale is lost and figure let me use a few rebuttals just to learn if they work or not. At this point I'm experimenting with whatever I can.

So far I have closed two or three who were just thinking about it. 2-3/50 or so.

And as others have said percent of folks that get back in contact with you is .1%?

It took me longer than many to realize, but "buyers are liars."

While final expense prospects may not be intellectual juggernauts, they sure as hell are street-smart, and know how to BS with the best of them.

I think it hit me after a few years in - I give great presentations, but I still have people who can't or who choose not to fully communicate what they "need to think about."

I realized that some people are just chronic liars, deceivers, and the like, and even if you purposely design your approach to remove resistance barriers and knock out objections before they happen, you'll still have your fair share of numb nuts that will make a habit of wasting your freakin' time.

Once you become confident in your approach AND you are hitting 12 to 15 appointments a week, you won't care about "Be Backs" anymore.

No idea. I don't track that or care enough to track it. Same for dials of the phone. Some will ask how many dials do you make? However many I need to get my appointments.

I do get called back from those think about its or just other non buyers. I get about one a month that calls back.

Back