If You Have No Activity for 6 Months Can You Move a Contract?

peteybear

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have an imo I have several contracts under that i'm satisfied with.But I want to diversify a few others that I've done no business with for 6 months.Since I've done no business can the company release me and re license me under another imo without my imo knowing?I don't want to create any friction .

There could be as I do a lot of business with many co's with him and have a few carriers I haven't written that I will with another imo as I want to diversify.

I have an imo I have several contracts under that i'm satisfied with.But I want to diversify a few others that I've done no business with for 6 months.Since I've done no business can the company release me and re license me under another imo without my imo knowing?I don't want to create any friction .

Yes. If you're moving for higher comp the carrier might make you wait another 6 months before you can move up, but other than that you should be fine.

You won't have to get a release in most cases, but the IMO will receive notification that you have ended your contract with them.

This release business is a dirty little secret between the IMO's and the insurance companies. They hold you to a contract that they agreed to and that you never signed or even saw.

It's dirty, dishonest and both the IMO's and the companies are equally guilty of the dishonest practice.

I know of a handful of IMO's that will give unconditional releases. Kudos to them. They are the exceptions!!:yes:

6 months to move to a different IMO without any activity is the norm. An additional 6 months if you want to increase the contract percentage. You should try to work with your current IMO.

Back