I'm Just BURNT OUT!!

Yes, there's always another fresh 19-20 yr old back that needs some money.

Burned-Burnt
Gray-Grey
Think the most commonly accepted usage just depends on whether one is in the US or the UK.

----------

Burn out is real. I think I have been through it at least three times. Twice I changed careers and now the third time I am near retirement. The beauty of insurance is if you get burnt out in one market you could always punt into a different market. Tired of FE you can switch to Medicare or Annuities or Long Term Care or whatever gives you a change of pace.

Yes, I think I am going to have to have a conversation with goillini which I am not looking forward to.

But in looking and thinking about that over the last 6 months I have been able to see FE, a funeral home variant of FE, Not sure if life insurance where I would be looking at it is FE or different, MAPD and 4 different approaches to running a Medicare Supplement business.

=============================

re stories: if you sit in the back and watch, they pop up on the screen.

Last edited:
I don't know what my dream job would be. But it ain't working for a funeral home.:laugh:

I was offered close to my dream job in working for the union but I would have had to move and travel all the time so that was more nightmare than dream. The work part of it was a dream though.

If I could make what I make now in the horse business I would be doing that.

Or, as Tom said, coaching UK!!:yes:

That's funny.. I have you mixed up with someone else. I was listening to a Fex interview from a while back - I thought you were John Dugger. In the interview he mentioned once thinkingabout working in a funeral home.. When asked, "why" he said, "he didn't know...maybe a little 'burnt' out.."

I didn't think working in a funeral home wsd yhr dream job.. Ha..

I'm in s Union now.. If your plant never closed and looking at your FE career - would you still make the change?

When I was a young man I lived and breathed motorcycles. At age 16 I hired on with a local Honda Motorcycle dealer and worked my way up the ranks there. So I guess you could say I started out in my dream job.

Free NICE company truck, free health insurance, free gas (I never bought gas for 20-years), Take any bike on the showroom home any time I wanted, plus Jet Skis, 4-wheelers, moto-cross bikes, crotch rockets, won free exotic trips (Tokyo Japan, Hawaii, etc) and made decent money for the time on top of all that.

But guess what? I burnt out. After 15-years it became a GRIND. And I stayed 20. When I got into insurance (and I started in Funeral Home Insurance) it felt like I was on vacation. I felt free as a bird.

Anything you do long enough becomes a grind. I've recently turned into a desk jockey and I can guarantee you that's a grind compared to getting out and seeing the people. Well in decent weather anyway. It's kind of nice on those freezing cold days.

I've always been a work-a-holic that never takes days off. But Travis (my business partner) has always preached life balance. Work like a maniac on your work days and take plenty of personal days off with your family or whatever you like to do.

I'm seeing that as the key to avoid burn out. But if you really HATE what you do every day then you really need to get into something else.

Sorry to be blunt. It's just you have been asking a lot of questions about where to start or how likely you are to fail. You gotta **** or get off the pot. If you have the work ethic (and able to deal with disgust homes) you'll be fine.

Have you started in the field yet? What area are you in?

Being blunt vs an a** are two different things..

My posts/questions are for those open to sharing their insights. The beauty of a forum is you have the choice to participate in a thread or not.

To be blunt - your irritated, frustrated and hostile response to a stranger on an anonymous internet forum should be a strong indicator of something personal you might need to address..

Just joking..

----------

Yes, there's always another fresh 19-20 yr old back that needs some money.

Burned-Burnt
Gray-Grey
Think the most commonly accepted usage just depends on whether one is in the US or the UK.

----------

Yes, I think I am going to have to have a conversation with goillini which I am not looking forward to.

But in looking and thinking about that over the last 6 months I have been able to see FE, a funeral home variant of FE, Not sure if life insurance where I would be looking at it is FE or different, MAPD and 4 different approaches to running a Medicare Supplement business.

=============================

re stories: if you sit inm the back and watch, they pop up on the screen.

I'v heard pros and cons between medsup vs fe. People pm me saying med sups the way to go for long term $$ - fe is $ up front but a lot lighter than medsup on the backend. Hard for me to say when both niches have very successful agents. Tough to chase two rabbits though- in the beginning.

----------

When I was a young man I lived and breathed motorcycles. At age 16 I hired on with a local Honda Motorcycle dealer and worked my way up the ranks there. So I guess you could say I started out in my dream job.

Free NICE company truck, free health insurance, free gas (I never bought gas for 20-years), Take any bike on the showroom home any time I wanted, plus Jet Skis, 4-wheelers, moto-cross bikes, crotch rockets, won free exotic trips (Tokyo Japan, Hawaii, etc) and made decent money for the time on top of all that.

But guess what? I burnt out. After 15-years it became a GRIND. And I stayed 20. When I got into insurance (and I started in Funeral Home Insurance) it felt like I was on vacation. I felt free as a bird.

Anything you do long enough becomes a grind. I've recently turned into a desk jockey and I can guarantee you that's a grind compared to getting out and seeing the people. Well in decent weather anyway. It's kind of nice on those freezing cold days.

I've always been a work-a-holic that never takes days off. But Travis (my business partner) has always preached life balance. Work like a maniac on your work days and take plenty of personal days off with your family or whatever you like to do.

I'm seeing that as the key to avoid burn out. But if you really HATE what you do every day then you really need to get into something else.

I'll have to dbl check but I tried to respond to you on a separate thread(that was closed) out - you're with Fex?

If so, you gave some realy good insight into the inter-workings of FE. I wish they never closed that thread..

I definitely agree with the - if you "hate" what you're doing, grind or no grind, you'll be miserable..

There's an upcoming life/health class beginning in April that I'm considering..

I know the failure rate is extremely high, I know regardless of the company my success depends on me, I know my chances improve dramatically if I have $$$ reserve, I know FE is full of competition, full of unethical owners, I know chargebacks can literally end someones career and be devastating to the home life...

Despite all of that I still view FE as a really good way to tap into an ever growing market offering an in demand product that you can feel good about selling.

Those are the reasons I'm thinking about doing it.. But - initial start up $$ is the sticking point.

jdeasy - said something that got me to thinking about that though..

Anyway - you're right .. if you hate your career, you'll be miserable-grind or no grind.

That's funny.. I have you mixed up with someone else. I was listening to a Fex interview from a while back - I thought you were John Dugger. In the interview he mentioned once thinkingabout working in a funeral home.. When asked, "why" he said, "he didn't know...maybe a little 'burnt' out.."

I didn't think working in a funeral home wsd yhr dream job.. Ha..

I'm in s Union now.. If your plant never closed and looking at your FE career - would you still make the change?

No, that's me. I did consider going to work at a funeral home one time. I was considering leaving EFES and that was before FEX was started. I suppose every job is a grind unless you're doing what you love?

I don't know of anyone that dreamed of being an FE agent when they grow up.:laugh:

As for my plant not closing, I'm sure I would still be there had they not closed. barring injury, of course. It was a very tough, physical job. So you never know.

if I knew then what I know now then yes, I would have gotten into this. But I never looked at insurance until I had to.

Yes, it is you.. I wish they never closed that thread. Your input was refreshing. I learned a few things - I never should have brought anyone(Tim) up by name-ESPECIALLY when I was blind to the other side of the story/rumor.

I could go on about a few other things but there's no point. Let me just say transparency is King and it sounds like Fex is all about being honest to it's agents.

----------

No, that's me. I did consider going to work at a funeral home one time. I was considering leaving EFES and that was before FEX was started. I suppose every job is a grind unless you're doing what you love?

I don't know of anyone that dreamed of being an FE agent when they grow up.:laugh:

As for my plant not closing, I'm sure I would still be there had they not closed. barring injury, of course. It was a very tough, physical job. So you never know.

if I knew then what I know now then yes, I would have gotten into this. But I never looked at insurance until I had to.

No, I never thought I'd be seriously considering getting an insurance license to sell FE. But hey, if I make the leap I might surprise myself..

It says a lot that you'd actually still make the move to FE if you had the choice between the two..

Up at 4am central - gotta clock in early and brace myself to work next to lazy people who do less than me but get paid more.. :mad: Union's a double edge sword..

Great thing about FE - you get paid on your production.

My dad was/is a successful roofer. You wouldn't know it if you came to his house though. He lives in a 4 bed/2 bath double wide trailer and drives a 2004 (maybe 2006) ford ranger. *Fun fact...he only lives in a double wide because I burnt his house down...accidentally though!*

My brother followed in his footsteps and owns a roofing business. I have been on roofs since I was a baby. (Dad literally used to nail my shirt down to the ridge so I couldn't run off). I was 100% headed down the roofing path and one day at lunch I was dared to call a number on a bulletin board in a store about buying a ball python. The guy I bought it from met with me a few weeks later and was telling me he had no idea how I could roof all day in the hot Mississippi heat. He then told me about what him, his brother, and his dad did...which was insurance.

He told me that you go to Jackson, MS for 3 days of classroom, then you take the test on Friday. That was the end of the conversation and the next week, I looked it up and went and passed my license. When I called him to tell him I had passed, he didn't believe me at all since I didn't call him or ask anything else before doing it.

I say this because anytime I am having a bad day, or get a chargeback, etc. I just look at the roofs as I drive by, and think about carrying shingles up the ladder, tearing off shingles, killing my back, etc.

My brother tells me all the time how he got a GOOD roof done. We tore it off, felted it, nailed it on, cleaned the ground, and was done in 4 days. And he cleared $2,800 for instance. I just think about all the times I walk in an air conditioned house, talk with people, help them out, and an hour later I made $2,800.

If you believe you will fail, you will!

If you think the next appointment will no show you, they will!

If you think you are driving too much, you are!

You can make this job whatever you want it to be, but attitude is 100% the most important part of this job. If you are struggling, go to your up line for help, but don't start out by blaming the leads, the distance to leads, the companies messing up, etc. Go in knowing you are probably the problem, and you can get a solution to the problem.

Ok it's bedtime, so I will answer the 1000 questions about how I burned my dad's house down tomorrow ;)

My dad was/is a successful roofer. You wouldn't know it if you came to his house though. He lives in a 4 bed/2 bath double wide trailer and drives a 2004 (maybe 2006) ford ranger. *Fun fact...he only lives in a double wide because I burnt his house down...accidentally though!*

My brother followed in his footsteps and owns a roofing business. I have been on roofs since I was a baby. (Dad literally used to nail my shirt down to the ridge so I couldn't run off). I was 100% headed down the roofing path and one day at lunch I was dared to call a number on a bulletin board in a store about buying a ball python. The guy I bought it from met with me a few weeks later and was telling me he had no idea how I could roof all day in the hot Mississippi heat. He then told me about what him, his brother, and his dad did...which was insurance.

He told me that you go to Jackson, MS for 3 days of classroom, then you take the test on Friday. That was the end of the conversation and the next week, I looked it up and went and passed my license. When I called him to tell him I had passed, he didn't believe me at all since I didn't call him or ask anything else before doing it.

I say this because anytime I am having a bad day, or get a chargeback, etc. I just look at the roofs as I drive by, and think about carrying shingles up the ladder, tearing off shingles, killing my back, etc.

My brother tells me all the time how he got a GOOD roof done. We tore it off, felted it, nailed it on, cleaned the ground, and was done in 4 days. And he cleared $2,800 for instance. I just think about all the times I walk in an air conditioned house, talk with people, help them out, and an hour later I made $2,800.

If you believe you will fail, you will!

If you think the next appointment will no show you, they will!

If you think you are driving too much, you are!

You can make this job whatever you want it to be, but attitude is 100% the most important part of this job. If you are struggling, go to your up line for help, but don't start out by blaming the leads, the distance to leads, the companies messing up, etc. Go in knowing you are probably the problem, and you can get a solution to the problem.

Ok it's bedtime, so I will answer the 1000 questions about how I burned my dad's house down tomorrow ;)

1000 questions? I just have three: How did you burn it down? When? Why is it a fun fact?

Yes, it is you.. I wish they never closed that thread. Your input was refreshing. I learned a few things - I never should have brought anyone(Tim) up by name-ESPECIALLY when I was blind to the other side of the story/rumor.

I could go on about a few other things but there's no point. Let me just say transparency is King and it sounds like Fex is all about being honest to it's agents.

The thing you don't seemed to have grasped yet is that PMs are not credible info. The reason that scammers pm you is to tell you crap that they could never pass off as the truth on the open forum. The pmers are little wolf packs that recruit new green agents that fall for their "help." There have been groups doing that since the beginning of forum's.

Just post any unsolicited advice you receive by pm out in the open and expose the bullsheet and you will see some world class stuttering and backtracking.

Back