Ipad Applications at Your Own Risk

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
I can't give any details but I wanted to make it known that an agent looks to be getting terminated for cause for doing applications on his ipad using a PDF form program on his ipad or Android. He was not one of our agents but he called me because I had posted in a thread several years ago that it was easy to do on the ipad.

I checked with the companies back then and they were all the same answer. They do NOT allow it. No gray area. Do not do it unless it is an official company designed ipad program like Americo has.

Any agent who gets caught will be terminated (possibly for cause) and possibly every application recinded (canceled with full chargeback.)

iPads are great for quoters, underwriting guides, ht weight charts, etc. But do NOT use unauthorized PDF applications on them. Huge mistake.

That is today's Monkey Dust that might not make you any money but will save you on lawyer bills.

With an honest agent, asking the question will work.

With others they might have to ask the client.

I don't know what happened on this case. I'm sure we will be hearing more about it from the insurance companies.

Yes but what would make them call the agent or client and ask? Would have to be something on the app or something to tip them off.

One way a client and/or company could find out is if another agent comes in behind you. After looking at the policy or it comes up in the discussion with the client.

Just think how big of a hero the new agent will be when they tell the client "not only can I get you more coverage for what you are paying, but because your signature was not obtained properly I will help you get back all your money you paid in.

This story is sad about this agent, ignorance has been the ruin of many.

*** Above everything else PROTECT your livelihood, the most important thing you have is your license. Do not do anything stupid and put yourself at risk of losing your ability to make this your profession.***

I do not use an IPad for applications....But I Wonder where the carriers think they are coming from here. Unless the agent is using an out of date application the app is on the correct form number. The application is probably typed to help with being in good order and I know the carriers don't dislike that...It leads us to the signatures which are electronic which are legal and valid ever since Clinton signed it into law.

Makes you Wonder how the carriers can rescind the clients policies.

I do not use an IPad for applications....But I Wonder where the carriers think they are coming from here. Unless the agent is using an out of date application the app is on the correct form number. The application is probably typed to help with being in good order and I know the carriers don't dislike that...It leads us to the signatures which are electronic which are legal and valid ever since Clinton signed it into law. Makes you Wonder how the carriers can rescind the clients policies.

There is a whole laundry list actually. Some of them make sense. The biggest one was that they could never hold anyone to an electronic signature that didn't specify the electronic signature in the contract.

Several things they mentioned to me were that the applicant may not have been able to see the whole page as they were signing it. The paper copies that are theirs to keep may not be given if the agent was using an app designed for paper copies. Also the digital signatures can be easier to dump the signature in places the applicant had not agreed to. And a biggie...the paper apps are required by the state departments of insurance if that is the way they were approved.

Just use the companies that have an e-app designed for that. Or paper.

One way a client and/or company could find out is if another agent comes in behind you. After looking at the policy or it comes up in the discussion with the client.

Just think how big of a hero the new agent will be when they tell the client "not only can I get you more coverage for what you are paying, but because your signature was not obtained properly I will help you get back all your money you paid in.

This story is sad about this agent, ignorance has been the ruin of many.

*** Above everything else PROTECT your livelihood, the most important thing you have is your license. Do not do anything stupid and put yourself at risk of losing your ability to make this your profession.***

My thinking as well. Or a contested claim.

Latest posts

Back