Just Saw Something for the First Time

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Turned down this pigtail road and followed it about a mile to a travel trailer way back in the woods. As I pull up a couple of big dogs showed so I blew the horn. Out amongst the junk around the place a man appeared who was butt naked. He ran and put on some jeans. As he approached he said he was taking a bath and stuck out his hand as if he wanted to greet me so I shook his hand. He set in to cuss me for everything. He said I squeezed his old arthritis hand too hard. Called me every name in the book. When he slowed I asked him "I assume that you are not interested in anything I have to say". He wasn't.

Turned down this pigtail road and followed it about a mile to a travel trailer way back in the woods. As I pull up a couple of big dogs showed so I blew the horn. Out amongst the junk around the place a man appeared who was butt naked. He ran and put on some jeans. As he approached he said he was taking a bath and stuck out his hand as if he wanted to greet me so I shook his hand. He set in to cuss me for everything. He said I squeezed his old arthritis hand too hard. Called me every name in the book. When he slowed I asked him "I assume that you are not interested in anything I have to say". He wasn't.

So... not a one-call close. :laugh: Through careful, diligent, and persistent follow up - he may eventually become your client. :yes:

Just for the record, you should not be too firm when shaking hands with older folks. Many of us do have arthritis and while we might not complain, it doesn't mean it didn't hurt.

Back