Knocking Out Columbian FE Policies

Rearden

Guru
5000 Post Club
Columbian's a fairly common FE company here in East Tennessee.

When you come across someone with COPD, they're easy to dispose of (2 Year ROP).

However, everything else is fairly competitively priced. Especially for smokers.

What strategies would you suggest to knock out Columbian, or for that matter, competitively-priced FE policies?

I knocked out 2 Settler's policies lately and a Liberty Banker's Policy by replacing them with Forethought policies and really selling the Grandkid benefits and double-indemnity.

Some of these extra goodies wrapped up in the policy can make a compelling argument and nudge one towards replacement.

I know I kinda answered my own question, but I'm wondering what you pros do in these cases.

When you come across someone with COPD, they're easy to dispose of (2 Year ROP).

However, everything else is fairly competitively priced. Especially for smokers.

What strategies would you suggest to knock out Columbian, or for that matter, competitively-priced FE policies?

I knocked out 2 Settler's policies lately and a Liberty Banker's Policy by replacing them with Forethought policies and really selling the Grandkid benefits and double-indemnity.

Some of these extra goodies wrapped up in the policy can make a compelling argument and nudge one towards replacement.

I know I kinda answered my own question, but I'm wondering what you pros do in these cases.

Don't replace?.. :) .

CL is halfway decent priced. You can't get there after they have had it 2 or 3 years and still knock it out of the park like LH or Old American.

Fairly easy to beat if they have had it a year or so.

I just had to use RNA's Essential Life to kill a combo of CL and Foresters. Ened up getting the guy $9000 more coverage for $12/mo less. Of course, not everyone qualifies for Essential Life. Had he not I would have left them alone.

Maybe you just have to be satisfied with a small add on of a features rich plan.

Off topic - how are you finding Forethought's underwriting?

Forethought is great if you have a healthy person.

They are pretty stringent on certain medications.

I've done less than 15 FE apps with them total this year.

What makes them real neat is all the extra sizzle.

Nothing compares to double-indemnity to age 75, unlimited $5000 in coverage for grandkids, and accelerated death benefits -- not to mention the 24 hour turn around for death benefits after 2 years.

This blows out most FE products; if they would only loosen up on their underwriting, I'd make them a primary company.

Forethought is great if you have a healthy person.

They are pretty stringent on certain medications.

I've done less than 15 FE apps with them total this year.

What makes them real neat is all the extra sizzle.

Nothing compares to double-indemnity to age 75, unlimited $5000 in coverage for grandkids, and accelerated death benefits -- not to mention the 24 hour turn around for death benefits after 2 years.

This blows out most FE products; if they would only loosen up on 3their underwriting, I'd make them a primary company.

I really need to try my first App with them. I have an appointment with a lady who that is only on a hbp med. I have quite a few healthy seniors. Retirees with a pension or two. Not the typical FE people.

Hey now -- you can do Forethought apps over the phone without any ink.

FYI -- the Grandkid term rider is first-to-die -- you can cover 20 grandkids but as soon as one dies, all the other lose coverage.

Where Forethought really shines is the tobacco chewers, the ones that don't smoke cigarettes. Nothing will beat them on rate in those cases, Americo comes close but you can easily replace just about anything else. Americo doesn't have the extra benefits you mentioned so FT still is easy to use. I have written several lately.

Did you have to do anything to get set up for the phone sales? BC Apptical said they didn't show any of my guys licensed for the phone sale app.

Back