Lead Companies Other Than The Lead Connection

It changes from year to year. So far it's always increased. I hope that trend continues. I honestly don't keep an accurate count of what comes through here each year, but when a company wants us to show a few million in production I don't have to show all of our companies to to get it. I guess we do somewhere around 6-8 million in FE each year. It's probably higher, but I like to be conservative with figures.

Still, it's no where near where I would like for it to be!

Do you set goals ? Like I want "x" amount of production or "y" amount of agents? Or you just let it happen?

I find for myself semi annual goals are the sweet spot in short term enough to be on my mind and long term enough to see some movement. I'm rambling but I love hearing from anyone who does over 5 million in FE haha

OK, but here's the question you answered with "for me";

"If you could mail any group you wanted to, what would be the lower and upper age limit for FE? In other words, while most seem to mail 50 to 80, what is the real "sweet spot" for FE sales?"

How could you answer that?

That question was directed at me by DayTimer. I think my answer was pretty close to the same way you answered it, except that you also indicated you really have no preference.

JD, I still ran FE leads when I was in the field. Some things may have changed a little bit since I was in the field but it sure hasn't been much. There's nothing new under the sun. I've said that many times on here and I will stick to that. Also, I speak with my agents all the time and they tell me what works for them. When it comes to the "sweet spot", we're all pretty much on the same page, or so it seems.

----------

Do you set goals ? Like I want "x" amount of production or "y" amount of agents? Or you just let it happen?

I find for myself semi annual goals are the sweet spot in short term enough to be on my mind and long term enough to see some movement. I'm rambling but I love hearing from anyone who does over 5 million in FE haha

It's more of a situation of just letting it happen. But without knowing how I emerged as an IMO, it's not telling the whole story.

When I first started as an IMO, it really wasn't totally intentional. I offered a few contracts at the higher levels and my phone and email started blowing up! It's been that way for a few years. When I first started, it was just me. I found myself having to work 16-18 hours a day just to keep up. There wasn't much time to track business and set goals. There wasn't much time to sleep either! Another factor to add: When I first started, I only had my renewals to fund the business. Many IMO's are started by pouring in a few hundred thousand to get set up in the correct way. That wasn't something I could do at the time.

When my son (Matthew) joined me a couple of years ago, we started getting a lot of things in place that would help with many areas of the business. It's been a slow process, but we keep moving forward bit by bit. As I'm sure you know, we have to do a lot of things that the normal agent doesn't even think about or have to do. In other words, it's real easy for an agent to track their stuff, but a whole different ballgame for an IMO to track the business of a bunch of agents. It's really a full time job in itself if you want it done correctly.

We do set goals now and we have surpassed them each year, but in all honesty, we're still learning some things as we grow. Some things change and some stay the same. So, we have to keep changing the goals simply because we don't know what we don't know (in the words of JD). We are always learning something.

Todd you're a nice guy but i call Bs on your organization doing $6-$8 million of Fe premium.2 yrs ago Snl did $3 mil of Fe business. You're a very small Imo to begin with. But the main reason i call Bs on fe is why would a high producing fe agent contract with you? You got no skin in the game like Fex or 360. You're providing no fixed cost leads that fe agents need. I understand why you don't want to hook up with Rgi as it comes with financial risk.To do $6-$8 mil of fe you need 100 hard core fe guys not an agent who does a app now and then.

That question was directed at me by DayTimer. I think my answer was pretty close to the same way you answered it, except that you also indicated you really have no preference.

JD, I still ran FE leads when I was in the field. Some things may have changed a little bit since I was in the field but it sure hasn't been much. There's nothing new under the sun. I've said that many times on here and I will stick to that. Also, I speak with my agents all the time and they tell me what works for them. When it comes to the "sweet spot", we're all pretty much on the same page, or so it seems.

----------

It's more of a situation of just letting it happen. But without knowing how I emerged as an IMO, it's not telling the whole story.

When I first started as an IMO, it really wasn't totally intentional. I offered a few contracts at the higher levels and my phone and email started blowing up! It's been that way for a few years. When I first started, it was just me. I found myself having to work 16-18 hours a day just to keep up. There wasn't much time to track business and set goals. There wasn't much time to sleep either! Another factor to add: When I first started, I only had my renewals to fund the business. Many IMO's are started by pouring in a few hundred thousand to get set up in the correct way. That wasn't something I could do at the time.

When my son (Matthew) joined me a couple of years ago, we started getting a lot of things in place that would help with many areas of the business. It's been a slow process, but we keep moving forward bit by bit. As I'm sure you know, we have to do a lot of things that the normal agent doesn't even think about or have to do. In other words, it's real easy for an agent to track their stuff, but a whole different ballgame for an IMO to track the business of a bunch of agents. It's really a full time job in itself if you want it done correctly.

We do set goals now and we have surpassed them each year, but in all honesty, we're still learning some things as we grow. Some things change and some stay the same. So, we have to keep changing the goals simply because we don't know what we don't know (in the words of JD). We are always learning something.

Great story!

l2SqgFT3PiE2DSy40.gif

Todd you're a nice guy but i call Bs on your organization doing $6-$8 million of Fe premium.2 yrs ago Snl did $3 mil of Fe business. You're a very small Imo to begin with. But the main reason i call Bs on fe is why would a high producing fe agent contract with you? You got no skin in the game like Fex or 360. You're providing no fixed cost leads that fe agents need. I understand why you don't want to hook up with Rgi as it comes with financial risk.To do $6-$8 mil of fe you need 100 hard core fe guys not an agent who does a app now and then.

Call BS if you like. If SNL only did $3M, then that's their problem. I'm not sure how you want to compare and IMO and and insurance company, but I guess you're trying to justify in your own mind that I'm lying.

Try this one on for size. Let me add that we have around 150 agencies under us as well. Does it compute for you now?

Back