The Lead Jerk Interviews Peter Walker

NuUzr

Guru
100+ Post Club
Peter Walker was a new agent at the time - March 4, 2016 and gave a really good interview about FE from a newbie's position. Basically, the sky's the limit. And even with his background in business, FE Sales is as much of a 'write your own check' opportunity that there is. He's with 360/Spur/ in TX.

Only 6 weeks in and he was talking with the Lead Jerk(Matt) and talking 200K - on their way to doing it.. Was quite a rah rah moment.. I wonder if they made the goal.. - I guess I'll never know.

An interesting part of the interview was the age old question for a new prospect looking into FE: How much do you need to get a good start/footing in FE..??

TLJ said, 5K's good but you can probably get away with 3K.. Then Peter chimed in and said, "I disagree with you.. I think 10K is a good starting point!" He went on to justify the cost vs his other restaurant businesses that have a 20K mo debt just to keep the doors open. 10K is nothing to invest and you'll get all your money back ten/hundred fold.

Then Matt went on to say how 'sad' it is to talk with new recruits day after day who don't even have 5K or 3K saved up as they're looking into FE. His tone was as if he was looking down his nose at broke people wanting to get into FE without a savings. Pompous.

Peter made another remark - says, "Hey, I've been there.. if someone has 1k or even only $500 - Matt, that's what your telemarketing leads are for!" It'll take longer but if you're hungry you can make it happen-may take a little longer but definitely doable.

Within one conversation I heard, you need 3-5 K to start, 10K is best.. -- But.. $500-1K can get the ball rolling!

Good listen -- I wonder if they hit their 200K goal..

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYL8jpua6Qk

Only 6 weeks in and he was talking with the Lead Jerk(Matt) and talking 200K - on their way to doing it.. Was quite a rah rah moment.. I wonder if they made the goal.. - I guess I'll never know.

Why don't you just pm peter and find out.

I doubt very few FE agents make 10 x there money invested. I know that I don't and I work the leads as hard as anyone does. The area you work also has a lot to do with ROI.

Peter is with EFES now. I believe he did end up writing over $300k.

Peter is with EFES now. I believe he did end up writing over $300k.

I just saw that online -- now he's in medicare.. w/ EFES? I often wonder why people change from FE when the money is so good.. Then again, he may be selling FE also.

Another 360 to EFES jump. They flip flop agents..

Peter is a very smart businessman. The smartest people in the world are good at one thing: solving problems.

Peter made a killing selling FE but while he was doing it he found a huge problem: Medicare Advantage is a easy cross sale for a FE agent & very few IMOs are talking about it. Easy way for EFES to separate ourselves from the competition.

So, he learned that side & quickly became our National Trainer for Medicare. Not sure what kind of pay he's getting but I guarantee in a few years he'll be making a lot more than what he was personally producing with FE.

First hand experience. Peter is a smart guy, super motivated and a great salesman. He killed it at fe but I think ultimately he wanted something with a longer trail of renewals. I am certain he will kill it with ma/ms.

First hand experience. Peter is a smart guy, super motivated and a great salesman. He killed it at fe but I think ultimately he wanted something with a longer trail of renewals. I am certain he will kill it with ma/ms.

Wow, so who taught him how to be successful at selling final expense?

Latest posts

Back