Lead Options for Part Time FE

I'd probably wait to try it at another point in your career. So many agents want to try FE for a couple hours a week but are not able to give it enough attention to be successful. It's a great career, but not something you can spend a few hours here and there doing. I know going in you have ALL DAY Saturday to dedicate to this, but usually when the rubber meets the road, several things get in the way. Gotta get my hair cut, gotta go grocery shopping, etc.

I 100% believe an agent can do this part time since most agents on this forum are way less than part time. But half a day each week just won't cut it.

"..... since most agents on this forum are way less than part time."

No truer words!

I agree Ben. It would be so hard to gain momentum working on Saturdays after a work week. I'm sure there are a rare few that have made a little money going part time in this manner, but the vast majority of folks will end up having their insurance license, barely using it. I hope you find good results though. Well wishes.

I'd probably wait to try it at another point in your career. So many agents want to try FE for a couple hours a week but are not able to give it enough attention to be successful. It's a great career, but not something you can spend a few hours here and there doing. I know going in you have ALL DAY Saturday to dedicate to this, but usually when the rubber meets the road, several things get in the way. Gotta get my hair cut, gotta go grocery shopping, etc.

I 100% believe an agent can do this part time since most agents on this forum are way less than part time. But half a day each week just won't cut it.

I see what you are saying. Saturday is a day I can truly devote the entire day to, so it wouldn't be a half of a day. I could also devote one or two evenings a week to either running leads or making calls.

I thought FE would be a good line to focus on since I could buy leads and not have to use time doing a ton of prospecting. Let me ask you this, knowing the time I have to devote to bringing in some money on the side, is there a line that you feel would be better suited to someone going at it part time?

I see what you are saying. Saturday is a day I can truly devote the entire day to, so it wouldn't be a half of a day. I could also devote one or two evenings a week to either running leads or making calls.

I thought FE would be a good line to focus on since I could buy leads and not have to use time doing a ton of prospecting. Let me ask you this, knowing the time I have to devote to bringing in some money on the side, is there a line that you feel would be better suited to someone going at it part time?

We have a few guys doing exactly what you are trying to do by working Saturday's and a very limited time during the week. They have full-time jobs and are OK with making $500-$1500 extra per week.

I came from the mortgage protection business & that may be another avenue for you as well.

Rick, are you thinking that you will start part time and eventually go full time, or are you just looking to make a few extra $$$? Getting on a DM lead order is a commitment and is definitely the way to go if you're thinking about moving this to a full time business. If not, drop your own mail or play around with TM and Internet leads. Either way, get with someone you can ride along with to gain experience in the house.

We have a few guys doing exactly what you are trying to do by working Saturday's and a very limited time during the week. They have full-time jobs and are OK with making $500-$1500 extra per week.

I came from the mortgage protection business & that may be another avenue for you as well.

I agree with this. It can be done and is a good source of additional income. But so many agents say they can devote X amount of hours after their full time job to do this, and most are inflating that number a ton. Real life stuff happens a lot and has to be handled after work sometimes, which can limit the free time someone has. As long as he knows he will have to pretty much be working until late at night and all day long on Saturday, it can work!

Just not really a standing order type of situation since he has such limited time. If he does a standing order, I would find someone that will do 10 per week or do what Peter said above (Drop mail and do tele leads).

The Mortgage Protection route would also be good since he will be limited to evenings anyways.

Good luck no matter what you decide OP. My post was to make you realize what it would take and not to talk you out of doing it...

Rick, are you thinking that you will start part time and eventually go full time, or are you just looking to make a few extra $$$? Getting on a DM lead order is a commitment and is definitely the way to go if you're thinking about moving this to a full time business. If not, drop your own mail or play around with TM and Internet leads. Either way, get with someone you can ride along with to gain experience in the house.
Thanks for the reply. For the foreseeable future, this truly is going to be a part time thing. My wife will not let me leave the comfort of a guaranteed paycheck with great benefits since we have two small children. I am just wanting a way to make some money to where we can live the lifestyle we want to live without worrying about not saving for college, retirement, etc.

It sounds like some IMOs expect you to either quite for FT job or be sitting at home doing nothing in order for them to bring you on. I don't know how that will work for me. I plan on starting out part time for maybe the first 3-6 months before quitting my FT job. This will give me time to learn the business and build up a bank roll. I'm a workaholic and really pressed for more income right now so I undoubtedly know I can make this work.

Part time or full time, both are doable with the right work ethic...:yes:

giphy.gif

Some of you guys who have been doing this forever...if you were going to run leads one day a week, what would be your plan of action?

Type of leads? Internet, DM, TM, etc.?
Number of leads?
Door knock/phone and set apps.?
Expectations of AP based on answers above?

Back