Lead Options for Part Time FE

I know that DM seems to be the preferred lead but I have a question.. I have recently looked at lead prices. If you can order 20 set price DM leads for $600.00 or you can get get 40 TM prices for the same cost, would you expect to write more business off the DM even though you had twice as many TM?

Is there a difference in the lead's response when you contact them depending upon the type of lead?

I would. But I hate TM leads. You know why DM leads cost more? Because they are worth it!!:yes:

As a guy who used TM leads exclusively for years, I have to say their quality has gone way down hill in the last 6 months to a year. I would never recommend a guy try to just use them. I would learn to develop my own FB leads. Better quality and I think you can get the cost down to $5-$10 a lead.

I heard there's a snake selling them to his agents for $40 a pop. Give me a break. Anyway.

Just do what JD says and drop 1000 every other week.

Or if you could set a bunch of group presentations at Senior Centers on Saturdays, that's what I'd do. I imagine that would be hard, with management usually not working weekends, but you could give it a try. Or maybe a Friday evening presentation and run the leads on Saturday.

As a guy who used TM leads exclusively for years, I have to say their quality has gone way down hill in the last 6 months to a year. I would never recommend a guy try to just use them. I would learn to develop my own FB leads. Better quality and I think you can get the cost down to $5-$10 a lead.

I heard there's a snake selling them to his agents for $40 a pop. Give me a break. Anyway.

Just do what JD says and drop 1000 every other week.

Or if you could set a bunch of group presentations at Senior Centers on Saturdays, that's what I'd do. I imagine that would be hard, with management usually not working weekends, but you could give it a try. Or maybe a Friday evening presentation and run the leads on Saturday.

No way you can get a fb lead cost to 5 to 10. 15 or 20 sounds more realistic.

No way you can get a fb lead cost to 5 to 10. 15 or 20 sounds more realistic.

I've got an agent who's got it down to that low right now. His son does web marketing for like 40 websites for the company he works for.

I had a guy that was trying to sell them to me for $20 a pop. After a lengthy conversation, he slipped in that it's costing him $10 to develop each lead.

Maybe it's area dependent. I don't know.

It sounds like some IMOs expect you to either quite for FT job or be sitting at home doing nothing in order for them to bring you on. I don't know how that will work for me. I plan on starting out part time for maybe the first 3-6 months before quitting my FT job. This will give me time to learn the business and build up a bank roll. I'm a workaholic and really pressed for more income right now so I undoubtedly know I can make this work.

Working PT in FE is very doable. How your FT job works is an important part to the puzzle.

Are you stuck in a 9-5 job Mon-Fri? Or 6-3? Is there any flexibility?

I have been selling FE for 5 years and write 100k+ every year. I also work FT got General Motors. My schedule works well with my FE business. I do work a lot but I am cool with that

I have been selling FE for 5 years and write 100k+ every year. I also work FT got General Motors. My schedule works well with my FE business. I do work a lot but I am cool with that

Sadly, most people don't have the work ethic that you and your wife have...

It's like they just want to make enough money to get by for now, while doing as little as possible to make that happen.

Today's typical insurance agent is tomorrow's typical FE prospect!:yes:

It's like they just want to make enough money to get by for now, while doing as little as possible to make that happen.

I do hear that every couple months, "Yeah I used to be an insurance agent."

I do hear that every couple months, "Yeah I used to be an insurance agent."

And they want to tell you everything you are doing wrong, yet they are living off SS alone.

Yeah, I will take my advice from someone who actually has something to show for all their hard work.

Future inventory.

It is amazing... the lack of work ethic and ambition . I have tried to hire people for a year and no one wants to work. They don't want to work 5 days a week for 40hrs. People act like they are doing you a favor by talking to you about career opportunities.

Last edited:
Back