Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Reply to Lead Options for Part Time FE     
Old 08-07-2017, 05:30 PM   #1

State: Rick James is an Insurance Agent from
Lead Options for Part Time FE Lead Options for Part Time FE
I am wanting to get in to selling FE part time. This would literally be a weekend thing with the possibility of an evening or two during the week.

After speaking with a few IMO's, I have found out that many require a minimum amount of DM leads to be purchased each week. I like the idea of doing DM, but I feel that the minimum requirement is more than I would be able to get to and with having only 1-2 days in the field, worry that I wouldn't see much of a profit.

Are there viable options for leads other than DM that would work for part time? People who do part time or know people who do part time, what do you/they do for leads?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Lead Options for Part Time FE
Old 08-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #2
Guru
Newby on Lead Options for Part Time FE

State: Newby is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
Newby is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Lead Options for Part Time FE Re: Lead Options for Part Time FE
Originally Posted by Rick James View Post
I am wanting to get in to selling FE part time. This would literally be a weekend thing with the possibility of an evening or two during the week.

After speaking with a few IMO's, I have found out that many require a minimum amount of DM leads to be purchased each week. I like the idea of doing DM, but I feel that the minimum requirement is more than I would be able to get to and with having only 1-2 days in the field, worry that I wouldn't see much of a profit.

Are there viable options for leads other than DM that would work for part time? People who do part time or know people who do part time, what do you/they do for leads?
Just do your own mail drops. Lead connection can do them for you. Most of us started that way.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #3
Guru

State: Baseball7 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Baseball7 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Where you looking to sell?
Old 08-07-2017, 07:27 PM   #4

Lead Options for Part Time FE Re: Lead Options for Part Time FE Rick James is the thread starter for: Lead Options for Part Time FE

Originally Posted by Newby View Post
Just do your own mail drops. Lead connection can do them for you. Most of us started that way.
Do you know what the approximate cost is per 1000? What would I expect to see as far as a return?

----------

Originally Posted by Baseball7 View Post
Where you looking to sell?
I am in the southern portion of Saint Louis. The surrounding counties would be ideal and then I am about 15 minutes from Illinois....
Old 08-07-2017, 08:02 PM   #5
Guru
ExProgrammer on Lead Options for Part Time FE

State: ExProgrammer is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
Lead Options for Part Time FE

Do you know what the approximate cost is per 1000? What would I expect to see as far as a return?
$450. 1 or 2 %.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #6
Guru
Newby on Lead Options for Part Time FE

State: Newby is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
Newby is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Do you know what the approximate cost is per 1000? What would I expect to see as far as a return?.
Mail houses range from $400 to $450 per 1,000.

Expect around 1%. Can be as high as 2% or less than 1%
Old 08-07-2017, 09:42 PM   #7
Guru

State: Baseball7 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Baseball7 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
So if youe REALLY lucky your paying $23 a lead on a 450/1000 and a 2% return rate.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:47 PM   #8

Lead Options for Part Time FE Re: Lead Options for Part Time FE Rick James is the thread starter for: Lead Options for Part Time FE

I think the only advantage in doing my only mailing campaign in this situation is not having to buy a minimum number of leads...i just think that 15 DM leads per week when only working Saturday and maybe one evening is too much.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:39 AM   #9
Guru
HoosierLife on Lead Options for Part Time FE

State: HoosierLife is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
HoosierLife is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I think the only advantage in doing my only mailing campaign in this situation is not having to buy a minimum number of leads...i just think that 15 DM leads per week when only working Saturday and maybe one evening is too much.
I doubt it. If you worked all day Saturday you could easily get 2-4 sales off 15 leads. You mail for yourself and you're liable to not mail every week/get bad returns etc and end up with 5-8 leads a week. Not enough to fill up your day and not making very much money.

As Newby has stated in other threads, you're stepping over nickels to eat pennies. Or something like that.

www.LearningFE.com Great Contracts, Training, Support and More!

Regional Director - Equita Final Expense Services (EFES)

Josh Jones 502-930-3317
Old 08-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #10
Guru
bboman23 on Lead Options for Part Time FE

State: bboman23 is an Insurance Agent from Mississippi
bboman23 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
I'd probably wait to try it at another point in your career. So many agents want to try FE for a couple hours a week but are not able to give it enough attention to be successful. It's a great career, but not something you can spend a few hours here and there doing. I know going in you have ALL DAY Saturday to dedicate to this, but usually when the rubber meets the road, several things get in the way. Gotta get my hair cut, gotta go grocery shopping, etc.

I 100% believe an agent can do this part time since most agents on this forum are way less than part time. But half a day each week just won't cut it.

Reply to Lead Options for Part Time FE 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum