Lead Options for Part Time FE

Rick James

I am wanting to get in to selling FE part time. This would literally be a weekend thing with the possibility of an evening or two during the week.

After speaking with a few IMO's, I have found out that many require a minimum amount of DM leads to be purchased each week. I like the idea of doing DM, but I feel that the minimum requirement is more than I would be able to get to and with having only 1-2 days in the field, worry that I wouldn't see much of a profit.

Are there viable options for leads other than DM that would work for part time? People who do part time or know people who do part time, what do you/they do for leads?

I am wanting to get in to selling FE part time. This would literally be a weekend thing with the possibility of an evening or two during the week.

After speaking with a few IMO's, I have found out that many require a minimum amount of DM leads to be purchased each week. I like the idea of doing DM, but I feel that the minimum requirement is more than I would be able to get to and with having only 1-2 days in the field, worry that I wouldn't see much of a profit.

Are there viable options for leads other than DM that would work for part time? People who do part time or know people who do part time, what do you/they do for leads?

Just do your own mail drops. Lead connection can do them for you. Most of us started that way.

Just do your own mail drops. Lead connection can do them for you. Most of us started that way.

Do you know what the approximate cost is per 1000? What would I expect to see as far as a return?

----------

Where you looking to sell?

I am in the southern portion of Saint Louis. The surrounding counties would be ideal and then I am about 15 minutes from Illinois....

I think the only advantage in doing my only mailing campaign in this situation is not having to buy a minimum number of leads...i just think that 15 DM leads per week when only working Saturday and maybe one evening is too much.

I think the only advantage in doing my only mailing campaign in this situation is not having to buy a minimum number of leads...i just think that 15 DM leads per week when only working Saturday and maybe one evening is too much.

I doubt it. If you worked all day Saturday you could easily get 2-4 sales off 15 leads. You mail for yourself and you're liable to not mail every week/get bad returns etc and end up with 5-8 leads a week. Not enough to fill up your day and not making very much money.

As Newby has stated in other threads, you're stepping over nickels to eat pennies. Or something like that.

I'd probably wait to try it at another point in your career. So many agents want to try FE for a couple hours a week but are not able to give it enough attention to be successful. It's a great career, but not something you can spend a few hours here and there doing. I know going in you have ALL DAY Saturday to dedicate to this, but usually when the rubber meets the road, several things get in the way. Gotta get my hair cut, gotta go grocery shopping, etc.

I 100% believe an agent can do this part time since most agents on this forum are way less than part time. But half a day each week just won't cut it.

Back