Lee's Customized Quote Leads - Door Knock or Call First?

Nah, not with mine. Unless they stick in a PO box, the addresses are correct the large majority of the time (going by returns, 95% or more). And how about Iowa getting it done the last 2 days, I was really surprised to see that kind of volume but with some adjustments I've made nearly everyone's volume has picked up since Sunday night. Good luck with them! ---------- The thing I will say is that I do not think there is a right or wrong answer as I have customers who work them in every possible way and each has their own level of success. I think the most important thing to remember as that the customer is the biggest variable and each person may respond better to each different method of contact - phone call, email, door knocking and don't forget texting - many people have started doing this. It's sometimes a good way to let them know who you are if they don't answer a call. I'd say start with what you're most comfortable with and then work down the list of different methods of contact from there.
Yes, I don't know what you changed, but the volume has definitely picked up. These last two days have been crazy for me. Do you anticipate the recent uptick to persist? Bring it on!!

Wow no joke, just took a look at yours, that is really something else today.

Truth be told, the account issues I had about a month ago may have been the best thing that happened to me (and all of you) along this journey. It basically forced me to do something else and use a new bidding method which I truly have never been a fan of. It's taken a while to get a grasp on it and how my adjustments alter the lead flow and cost.

I think in short, yes, the volume will be increased going forward but to what extent I am not sure. Today was the most leads I've ever had in a single day but the cost on them wasn't so exciting either. Now tomorrow I will work to reel it back in a little to try and drop the cost.

I have a bunch of very fresh internet leads from Customized Quotes. I'd like to ask those who have worked this type of lead if the best strategy is to door knock first or call first and set appointments and only door knock the ones I can't reach by phone. Thanks everyone!

I am only getting one here and there so I just mix them in with my usual leads. I do treat them a little different though. Instead of just calling them the same as DM or TM, when I call, if there is no answer, I leave them a messages stating who I am and why i'm calling, and let them know that I will be in their area in the morning, so to Please call me back.

Most of them call me back and the ones that don't, I door knock the next day and ask them to check their voicemail at the door. I haven't been blown off yet!

Since the leads are so scattered out im assuming it could be a week or 2 before you make it to that area to work 1 or 2 leads. Since these leads seem to be higher income(90% of Fe have no computers) I try to make these appts at 8 am or 7:30 pm and later even if I'm not working these counties . I'll work my fresh leads from 8:30- 6 then try to have my net appt at 7:00 pm and later. Since I door knock on Friday and Sat usually I hit all my net leads(I couldn't get hold of) from the previous weeks first. Yes the net leads are interested and know why you're there but I do find them more sophisticated thus more of a shopper. That said they're great fillers combined with dm and tm. They're like a few pieces of a puzzle. My favorite part of this business is door knocking which most people hate . I love the freedom of no set sch and really "seeing the people". When agents learn this profession is about "understanding your client and just talking with them about everything from insurance to events in their life" you'll make more money than you can imagine .When the client trusts and likes you he'll buy. This xmas I'm going to spend 1 week door knocking select clients from the previous 12 months I wrote just to say hello and "thank you". That goes miles in referrals and persistency.

Since the leads are so scattered out im assuming it could be a week or 2 before you make it to that area to work 1 or 2 leads. Since these leads seem to be higher income(90% of Fe have no computers) I try to make these appts at 8 am or 7:30 pm and later even if I'm not working these counties . I'll work my fresh leads from 8:30- 6 then try to have my net appt at 7:00 pm and later. Since I door knock on Friday and Sat usually I hit all my net leads(I couldn't get hold of) from the previous weeks first. Yes the net leads are interested and know why you're there but I do find them more sophisticated thus more of a shopper. That said they're great fillers combined with dm and tm. They're like a few pieces of a puzzle. My favorite part of this business is door knocking which most people hate . I love the freedom of no set sch and really "seeing the people". When agents learn this profession is about "understanding your client and just talking with them about everything from insurance to events in their life" you'll make more money than you can imagine .When the client trusts and likes you he'll buy. This xmas I'm going to spend 1 week door knocking select clients from the previous 12 months I wrote just to say hello and "thank you". That goes miles in referrals and persistency.

I have not found my CQ leads to be of higher income. A few of them have been, but for the most part mine have been the same broke sick people that I mail, just a little younger on average. I would venture that 75% of mine are coming from smartphones and not desktops, as they are clicking the ad on Facebook while surfing on their phone. I have received a warm reception by knocking them also, but I send out an email immediately when I receive the lead so when I call or knock most of them recognize my name immediately.
I'm still trying to figure the logistics of incorporating these into my production plan. I'm getting enough of them that it keeps me hopping trying to run them all down, but not enough to produce what I am used to, and it's cutting into my direct mail schedule. I'm not far enough into it to bother crunching any numbers, but my guess is that my ROI will be up, but my overall production will be down with the current volume of CQ leads I have coming in. I'm going to evaluate after 3 months, but I'm thinking that I may need to lessen my area to keep them a little more centralized and easier to mix in with my DM drops.

Ok, so here is a little progress report for anyone following this thread:
I have reached out to all of the CQ leads I ordered:

1. 3 people were not home, and have not returned either phone calls or emails
2. 1 very rude lady hung up on me
3. 1 lady says she has to check with her husband before scheduling appt
4. 1 guy is out of town and I will be checking back with him later in June
5. 4 people seemed interested and I will be trying to schedule for next week

I am finding it harder than expected to get ahold of these people and am surprised at the attitude that some of them have. It's like they feel annoyed that I contacted them yet they were the ones who submitted the online inquiry requesting more information on FE, so what do they expect??

I am finding it harder than expected to get ahold of these people and am surprised at the attitude that some of them have. It's like they feel annoyed that I contacted them yet they were the ones who submitted the online inquiry requesting more information on FE, so what do they expect??

That's just how it is at times...I've experienced that while working DM & TM. People agitated with me when I am only giving them the info that they requested. lol Bizarre. I've never done internet leads but I'm looking into it.

Any reason you talked to 4 people but now you're going to try to talk to them and reschedule even though they seemed interested? Did you go for setting an apt when you had them on the phone the first time?

I ask this because it's hard to give advice unless we know what you're doing/saying. Should type out what you say or email me a recording. Sometimes what you're saying can be tweaked.

I worked 3 Internet leads in MS yesterday and wrote 3 apps for $6,200....they are very easy to work and easier to sale.

Any reason you talked to 4 people but now you're going to try to talk to them and reschedule even though they seemed interested? Did you go for setting an apt when you had them on the phone the first time?

I ask this because it's hard to give advice unless we know what you're doing/saying. Should type out what you say or email me a recording. Sometimes what you're saying can be tweaked.

I worked 3 Internet leads in MS yesterday and wrote 3 apps for $6,200....they are very easy to work and easier to sale.

One of these people was a door knock and she had a bunch of screaming kids in the house and she said she wouldn't talk to me unless her husband was home. She wouldn't reschedule with me and told me to call her back over the weekend. The other 3 were people that I reached on the phone after I tried to door knock them and they didn't answer their door. So when I finally reached them on the phone, they also refused to schedule at the time but seemed interested. They all asked me to call them back next week. So I will be following up with all of them.

Last edited:
Back