Is It a Legitimate Lead?

SL doesn't generate leads like the OP described. They generate TV, DM, and Yellow Page. They have a new DM piece that says in bold print the premium must be drafted from a bank account. That's pretty strong, never seen any other FE co.'s put that on the card.

He said in bold print he didn't say what the font was.

The font of the "all premiums must be drafted from a bank account" is about twice as big as the other wording. It's also printed on both sides of the card.

I don't know if they'll continue with this piece as it is a test. My thoughts are the response rate will be smaller, thus resulting in a higher lead cost for this piece, but also resulting in a higher quality lead.

That's a good thing about SL, they're always testing and refining trying to help agents make more $$$.

The font of the "all premiums must be drafted from a bank account" is about twice as big as the other wording. It's also printed on both sides of the card.

I don't know if they'll continue with this piece as it is a test. My thoughts are the response rate will be smaller, thus resulting in a higher lead cost for this piece, but also resulting in a higher quality lead.

That's a good thing about SL, they're always testing and refining trying to help agents make more $$$.

It's a cool idea. I'm pretty sure it will kill responses down to bare minimum. In my experience with similar but not the exact same thing the few responses you get won't be as quality as you would think. Some will. But some are with the generic piece too.

Even with the wording you have about bank accounts and payments, some of the responders will claim they thought it was free from the government.

I hope I'm wrong. It would be great if someone invented a lead piece where all the responders are actual interested and qualified buyers.

It's a cool idea. I'm pretty sure it will kill responses down to bare minimum. In my experience with similar but not the exact same thing the few responses you get won't be as quality as you would think. Some will. But some are with the generic piece too.

Even with the wording you have about bank accounts and payments, some of the responders will claim they thought it was free from the government.

I hope I'm wrong. It would be great if someone invented a lead piece where all the responders are actual interested and qualified buyers.[/QUOTE]

If a lead like that were developed then the insurance companies wouldn't need us (using our sales abilities), they would just pay people $10/hour to run around signing up these lay downs.

Thanks to the response of my question. You

All have valid points and I guess just suck it up
Like you said and jog their memory as well.
Perhaps they asked to be contacted 3- 5 days later is that they were not going to be home again until that time.. especially this time of year.. I can think of all kinds of reasons that if I were contacted by a telemarketer and they had something of interest to me I would say, "You can have your rep call me but not before..... "

The out come of this thread is that the telemarketing company issued 3 credits for
Call me next week BS and these are not leads
But a way to get the telemarketer off the phone.
The bottom line is whatever you going to think your paying for a telemarketing lead figure T least another 30 percent cost factor as they just want off the phone I am right after all these years of
Purchasing leads.Why to you think street level
Commission is over 100 percent because this is
easy!

My thoughts are you need to work every lead as if it were a good one. You never know when what appears to be a weak lead turns into a gold mine.

They just might have a valid reason as to not be contacted for 5 days. Maybe a funeral, graduation open house, vacation, hospital stay, no money. These buyers have all kinds of excuses on why not to be contacted now.

In the car business it was usually excuses like,

the well ran now

House needs a new roof

wife died

IRS liens

water bills

kid needs surgery or shoes

Latest posts

Back