Lighting a Fire Under Your Prospects.

MrDrClover

Expert
With January almost upon us I want to ask you how you are creating a immediate need with your prospects to get them to meet with you right away. In December I have been letting people know that Insurance rates generally increase in January and it would be in their best interest to meet while they can still lock in lower rates. How are you getting them to meet with you now and not put it off?

With January almost upon us I want to ask you how you are creating a immediate need with your prospects to get them to meet with you right away. In December I have been letting people know that Insurance rates generally increase in January and it would be in their best interest to meet while they can still lock in lower rates. How are you getting them to meet with you now and not put it off?

I probably wouldn't lie. If you know of any carriers that you're writing and are the best buy for them that are having rate increases, that's one thing.

To answer your question, I gave up the fight. I was having a heck of a time setting appts and then closing the ones I did get in front of became harder...so I decided to quit until the first of the year. Sorry that's not a lot of help.

Do rates generally increase in January?

That is what my manager told me so if not :mad:.

I don't like to do the sleazy sales thing and hate it when I am inadvertently directed that way. I have always been more of a consultative type of guy and don't want that to change now. So to bring this full circle, what would you say to a prospect that would be true to light a fire under them to act now.

That is what my manager told me so if not :mad:. I don't like to do the sleazy sales thing and hate it when I am inadvertently directed that way. I have always been more of a consultative type of guy and don't want that to change now. So to bring this full circle, what would you say to a prospect that would be true to light a fire under them to act now.

Just go through your normal routine. Find the need, then explain that you're not going to take any money today and that you can set the draft to start next month. That's the best i or for you.

I've never heard of rates going up in January and that sounds a lot like a lie to try to get what you want from a prospect.

If you're working DM leads there is a reason they sent that card in. They have some pain point of wanting to take care of paying for their funeral and it's much easier to work on building that during the presentation than trying to push them over the edge at the end.

During your presentation do you ask them why they sent in the card? You might want to work on adding some trial closes within your presentation like "if I could show you something that would make sense, you'd probably want to get this taken care of today, right?" Depending on the person you might want to be more gentle about it, but you can ask smaller questions along the way to take their pulse about things so you can deal with the objections before you get to the end of your presentation.

Is there a particular objection you're getting at the end?

Just go through your normal routine. Find the need, then explain that you're not going to take any money today and that you can set the draft to start next month. That's the best i or for you.

That is helpful but I was thinking more along the lines of setting the appointment and also after losing the "I want to think about it" objection. To get them back on the schedule in a reasonable time frame.

Often I try to reset them for the next week and get the "we will give you a call". So I explain that I am pretty busy and want to make sure I can meet with them when they are available, so it is in their best interest to get back on the schedule now. Sometimes this works, other times I need a little more persuasion and that is where I would do the "January prices go up" thing (that I will no longer do).

Any suggestions there?

Oh and one more thing. I am working MP at this time.

That is helpful but I was thinking more along the lines of setting the appointment and also after losing the "I want to think about it" objection. To get them back on the schedule in a reasonable time frame. Often I try to reset them for the next week and get the "we will give you a call". So I explain that I am pretty busy and want to make sure I can meet with them when they are available, so it is in their best interest to get back on the schedule now. Sometimes this works, other times I need a little more persuasion and that is where I would do the "January prices go up" thing (that I will no longer do). Any suggestions there?

If you are getting 'I want to think about it' a lot, then something is off in your presentation.

One of my lines is, 'Mildred if I can get you qualified today for a program that fits your budget, is that something you'd like to go ahead and get taken care of today?' Knock out the objection before they hit you with it. BTW, that is a very dry form of it...it usually flows a lot better in context.

If you are getting 'I want to think about it' a lot, then something is off in your presentation.

One of my lines is, 'Mildred if I can get you qualified today for a program that fits your budget, is that something you'd like to go ahead and get taken care of today?' Knock out the objection before they hit you with it. BTW, that is a very dry form of it...it usually flows a lot better in context.

How do you handle it when she says "No I just want the information now so I can discuss it with my _________".

I know this is a lot of really basic stuff but being new to this industry I really appreciate the help guys.

Have you tried the old "open enrollment"? I know sounds kinda like more b.s. along the lines of your "rate increase" but the "open enrollment is closing" is as old as the hills and is what was taught to me when in the very beginning of my "door knocking DM leads career" (LTC). Utilized more at the end of a presentation but could also be used to get in the door. Is it a magic bullet? Not really. Just trying to give you some kind of bullet.:idea:

Back