Lone Star Script Care? is It Legit?

NFL, Once again I will say it, I agree it's a good tool (Lone Star). And if you want to profit off it, have it. If someone is putting too much focus on it over selling FE then they are probably on their way out of the insurance business. Not talking about you, just in general. But helping seniors get free medications is a wonderful thing whichever way they get there.

Here the part that's confusing. I like Lone Star AND the free site where the client does the leg work, both. You and others say the paperwork is a hassle. Some say it's hard and tedious. Well since we now have someone (you) that has actually done it can you give details on why it's so hard. How about with the drug are getting now, Nexium.

A friend sent me the Nexium link that explains how it works. Looks pretty darn easy. You complete the form providing basic info, citizenship and income proof. All things you would need to provide Lone Star so nothing different there, right? Now on your own you would take it to your doctor who completes their portion and they fax it in. Patient can't fax or send it in even if they wanted to, drug company says doc must fax it in. With Lone Star instead of you taking it to your doctor they send it to your doctor. Rest is the same. You only do the form once a year. SO in your case Lone Star would save you a trip to your doctor once a year year.

Is that right or am I missing something?

Here is the link I got that info from:
AstraZeneca - How to apply to the AZ&Me(TM) Prescription Savings Program

It's easy to cook a cheeseburger, but there are times when I'd rather buy it already cooked.

One time a girl at a bikini car wash asked mustfastpitch if he'd like a car wash and he debated the merits and value of that with her for 3 hours and the wash was then closed by the time he agreed to it.

:D:D:D

The average FE client is a procrastinator. That's why at age 75 they still don't have any life insurance. Getting them to do the required paperwork for free meds would be a crap shoot at best.

I mean my god its like pulling teeth to just get them to pull out their insurance policy so you can prove to them its not whole life. They don't remember where it is, they lost it their dog ate it, their daughter has it. They have every excuse in the world.

To get them signed up so they can save money, is not something most of them would ever accomplish on their own.

The average FE client is a procrastinator. That's why at age 75 they still don't have any life insurance. Getting them to do the required paperwork for free meds would be a crap shoot at best.

I mean my god its like pulling teeth to just get them to pull out their insurance policy so you can prove to them its not whole life. They don't remember where it is, they lost it their dog ate it, their daughter has it. They have every excuse in the world.

To get them signed up so they can save money, is not something most of them would ever accomplish on their own.

Haha yeah from time to time I run into a bad version of that person. No clue about anything. Just completely unorganized with no idea where anything is. Your first thought is they have alzheimer's or something but no, just full of crazy excuses to continue to procrastinate.

:swoon:

It's easy to cook a cheeseburger, but there are times when I'd rather buy it already cooked.

Even when it's a $360 plus maybe $25 to buy it already cooked? ha

Probably chump change to you but when it comes to low income seniors that is a huge amount of money. They might not be able to find their insurance policy but they know exactly where the 50 cent off Geritol coupon is. Many will stand in lines and travel distances to save money because it's scare.

I was hoping NFL would give us specifics on why it's hard. I have posted the facts about a couple major drug programs and it seems pretty darn easy. Never done it so I don't know for sure and all may not be that easy. That's why both have there place.

PPA will find the program they qualify for, get them the form and help them fill it out, all for free. The senior just has to take it to the doctor. Nothing hard or tedious. 8 million have done it.

If there is a program that is hard or you have seniors that can't handle it even though it's easy then Lone Star is the way to go for sure. Even if they can handle it and I think many can, but you making a couple dollars is more important then saving them $360 plus maybe $25 then put them through Lone Star anyway. Don't tell them they could do it for free. Make the money, isn't that what's this is all about? LH agents have been doing it for years. ha

Luckily I'm doing well enough that I don't need to go after those few dollars so I am telling most about both and suggesting they start with PPA. See if it's something they can handle but if they find it's too much of a hassle then go to Lone Star and pay to have it done. If I want the savings to make a FE sale going with PPA will get me there much faster.

Now you guys can keep exaggerating on how hard it is with out Lone Star to justify having a low income senior paying for a service they really didn't have to so you can make very little money. If you need it that bad, do it. The senior is getting helped either way.

mustfastpitch's world: Seniors can figure out how to drop $250 on meds monthly but if you ask them to come up with $55 that's the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Geeze mustfastpitch, you paint them in such dire straits you'd make one feel guilty about putting them into a $60/month FE policy.

Even when it's a $360 plus maybe $25 to buy it already cooked? ha

Probably chump change to you but when it comes to low income seniors that is a huge amount of money. They might not be able to find their insurance policy but they know exactly where the 50 cent off Geritol coupon is. Many will stand in lines and travel distances to save money because it's scare.

I was hoping NFL would give us specifics on why it's hard. I have posted the facts about a couple major drug programs and it seems pretty darn easy. Never done it so I don't know for sure and all may not be that easy. That's why both have there place.

PPA will find the program they qualify for, get them the form and help them fill it out, all for free. The senior just has to take it to the doctor. Nothing hard or tedious. 8 million have done it.

If there is a program that is hard or you have seniors that can't handle it even though it's easy then Lone Star is the way to go for sure. Even if they can handle it and I think many can, but you making a couple dollars is more important then saving them $360 plus maybe $25 then put them through Lone Star anyway. Don't tell them they could do it for free. Make the money, isn't that what's this is all about? LH agents have been doing it for years. ha

Luckily I'm doing well enough that I don't need to go after those few dollars so I am telling most about both and suggesting they start with PPA. See if it's something they can handle but if they find it's too much of a hassle then go to Lone Star and pay to have it done. If I want the savings to make a FE sale going with PPA will get me there much faster.

Now you guys can keep exaggerating on how hard it is with out Lone Star to justify having a low income senior paying for a service they really didn't have to so you can make very little money. If you need it that bad, do it. The senior is getting helped either way.

What you're saying makes sense on the surface. Go ahead and find a senior that is on a few meds with different companies and help them save money. It will probably be the last time you'll want to do that!

Many different meds means many different companies. They all require different paperwork and have different qualifying criteria. I've been down that road and I'm just saying, once you've done it the hard way, you won't want to do it again.

But hey, don't take my word for it....go prove it to yourself.

Back