Lone Star Script Care? is It Legit?

angryrabbi

Last week I saw the posts about lone star script care. The posts got pulled from the final expense forum. There is now a post about it in the offers. I have been trying to figure out if it is a legit company and a legit opportunity. It seems they are a new company and there is little to no information about them. Has anyone dealt with them? Are clients getting meds? Are they for real? I know they need financial information from Seniors to provide service. I would never do anything to jepordize a Sr. or my carrier. I dont want to be on the news. Any thoughts?

Last week I saw the posts about lone star script care. The posts got pulled from the final expense forum. There is now a post about it in the offers. I have been trying to figure out if it is a legit company and a legit opportunity. It seems they are a new company and there is little to no information about them. Has anyone dealt with them? Are clients getting meds? Are they for real? I know they need financial information from Seniors to provide service. I would never do anything to jepordize a Sr. or my carrier. I dont want to be on the news. Any thoughts?

You could contact Slushpuppy as he has been pushing it. RX assistance plans have been around a long time...They are a pain to keep up with the paperwork to keep enrolled. Lone Star handles the paperwork for a small fee to the client.

Is it legit? I had the same concerns. I finally found a client willing to act as my Guinea Pig. She's been thrilled. I've since enrolled other clients and haven't heard a single complaint yet. Just remember that anyone can go directly to their drug manufacturer and ask for the same program. But Norwayguy is right...the paperwork is tedious and difficult for many people.

I'm convinced. I now use it whenever I run into anyone with problems paying for their drugs.

They are legit. I think anyone that says the paperwork is tedious and difficult has never seen the paper work. You put your name, address, DOB, SS#, phone, income and number in household. The doctor does the rest.

Here is what the form from one maker looks like:
https://www.visitspconline.com/Stre...6nrTWtoNcq53mpTVkPb8sQwtF7TaorUhskS94Cxoc+3H4

So the client can go to Lone Star and pay $30 - $50 a month and they do the work or go to https://www4.pparx.org/en and they get the client the forms but the client takes them to their doctor who fills it out and sends it in. They can get their free meds a month or two sooner this way.

Either way the senior SAVES MONEY and maybe you use some to make a sale!

Last edited:
Just curious. Have you advised clients or have you gone through this process yourself? I'm not being a wise guy - I haven't. If there's a better way than Lone Star, I want to know about it. My understanding is that those forms have to be reproduced for each drug and for each manufacturer each time the prescription needs filled. Is that right? If so, that's what I would consider to be tedious.

Just curious. Have you advised clients or have you gone through this process yourself? I'm not being a wise guy - I haven't. If there's a better way than Lone Star, I want to know about it. My understanding is that those forms have to be reproduced for each drug and for each manufacturer each time the prescription needs filled. Is that right? If so, that's what I would consider to be tedious.

Cleaning your home is tedious work and you can pay someone to do it for you but how many low income seniors pay for a maid? Should they pay for someone to get them their meds if they can easily do it themselves? Like $400 to $600 a year. A lot of money for those that are under 200% of the poverty level. Filling out the form is simple. Person I talked to had to submit the form every six months. You fill it out one time and just resubmit a copy for a new refills. Wearing me out just thinking about hard that is.

The program is only available to low income people who don't have health insurance, medicare drug coverage or medicaid. You probably won't run into many.

The free service or the pay service will both get free meds to someone who could really use it. Give them both numbers and tell them to start with the free service. If it starts getting too difficult they can switch to the pay service. If you want to use the saving they get for a FE sale the free service will get you there much quicker.

Last edited:
The program is only available to low income people who don't have health insurance, medicare drug coverage or medicaid. You probably won't run into many.

Say what? :err:

This program is available to:

• Those with a household income of less than 60k.
  • Those with an individual income of less than 30k.
  • Any age eligible.
  • Not based on health.
  • Works with Medicare
  • Works with ANY insurance

The only thing you were right about is Medicaid. If they are on medicaid than they should be receiving all the help they need so a PAP isn't for them.

Every person I have signed up has insurance and some with Medicare Part D but in the donuts hole....

That's basically a crock. It's part of what I don't like about Lone Star. They are the NAA of patient assistance programs. More a marketing machine and MLM them helping people.

Who is eligible for Patient Assistance Programs?

Each program has it's own rules. Usually an individual must:

Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident
Have no prescription insurance coverage
Have an income under 200% of the Federal Poverty Level

Family of 2 is 31K.

I'm sure Lone Star found some loop hole that they exploit but that is the basic rules. There are some drug companies that will work with people on medicare.

Here is the form for Pfizer, one of the big ones. It explains the program and you can see how simple it is to fill out. With their program you fill out the form once and they give you a 90 day supply. The doc just calls in refills.

CHECK OUT THE PFIZER FORM:
https://www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com/files/C2CApp21113_Online.pdf

Say what? :err:

This program is available to:

• Those with a household income of less than 60k.
  • Those with an individual income of less than 30k.
  • Any age eligible.
  • Not based on health.
  • Works with Medicare
  • Works with ANY insurance

The only thing you were right about is Medicaid. If they are on medicaid than they should be receiving all the help they need so a PAP isn't for them.

Every person I have signed up has insurance and some with Medicare Part D but in the donuts hole....

You say the ones you signed up.. How many have actually started to receive their free drugs?

Back