Looking for Alternatives to Foresters

qfs

Expert
I am currently appointed with Foresters in NY. I do not write a lot of FE but it would be nice to have one or two companies to offer alternatives for my clients. I have seen a few people mention RNA as an option, although I am not sure they offer a true FE policy. I appreciate any feedback.

RNA is an excellent company to have. New point of sale approval is good if you like that sort of thing. They are fairly liberal on underwriting. I've had cases issued as standard that I would never have guessed would have. Can't go wrog by adding it to your portfolio. Member benefits are much better than foresters. Discounts for many things seniors can use.

Thanks for your Replies. Is CSA comparable to RNA? What advantages would they have over Foresters? In addition to fraternals, are there any other FE companies you would recommend contracting with in NY?

Foresters would have lower rates in most cases, but CSA doesn't do a PHI, MIB, or Scriptcheck.

You're limited to the number of FE companies in NY. There's your biggest problem.

I write in NY also and just started with Foresters. They tagged me for not completing a "Preliminary Statement of Policy Cost" on my first submission to them. That form isn't required by any other company or NYSID as far as I have ever known (23 years in biz).

Do they require that of you on their FE product in NY or are they picking on me?

I also use Ameican Progressive and Columbian in NY. If you want Columbian, let me know.

Last edited:
Back