Marketing Credit and Dk Nonresponsive DM Prospects

This is a two part question:
1. Is a marketing credit an advanced commission from a carrier to finance lead generation?
2. When you hire a direct mail company to generate prospects do you ever have them send you a digital or hard copy of mail recipients so that you can cold call nonrespondents between sales calls?

----------

1. Is a marketing credit an advanced commission from a carrier to finance lead generation?
2. When you hire a direct mail company to generate prospects do you ever have them send you a digital or hard copy of mail recipients so that you can cold call nonrespondents between sales calls?
Perhaps if I offered a free Obamaphone, or a complimentary $100 AD and D policy for the best answer, someone might answer these two questions?

----------

Perhaps if I offered a free Obamaphone, or a complimentary $100 AD and D policy for the best answer, someone might answer these two questions?

1. No
2. I have no idea...never done one.

I'll go for the free O'bamaphone. :yes:

2. getting the list of people mailed is an extra charge w/ most mail houses. They also won't have all the phone numbers as they can really only give you those that are not on the DNC list.

I sometimes get that list and either do other mailings or phone calls but can't say that it's been worth doing. Small sample size.

2. getting the list of people mailed is an extra charge w/ most mail houses. They also won't have all the phone numbers as they can really only give you those that are not on the DNC list.

I sometimes get that list and either do other mailings or phone calls but can't say that it's been worth doing. Small sample size.

Oops, when I said cold call I really meant door knock. So no phone numbers is perfectly acceptable.
So what is a marketing credit?

Oops, when I said cold call I really meant door knock. So no phone numbers is perfectly acceptable.
So what is a marketing credit?

The marketing credit is probably exactly what you think it is..a lead credit. Does the carrier offer a lead credit program???

I saw the term mentioned in an old thread where someone used the credit to order direct marketing leads for $44 per thousand. I just did not know whether it was an advance against commissions, or a payment for exceeding a sales benchmark.

It's a credit/bonus for reaching a certain level of production each month. For instance, if you hit 5K issued in a month you get 5% in lead credit of your total for the month. $10K would be $500 to pay for a DM drop or spend on TM leads. Don't know what you saw for $44 per thousand unless it was a data list.

I think he meant $440/1000 with lead connections and the credit was probably snl. Speaking of lead connections I haven't heard much about them lately.

I think he meant $440/1000 with lead connections and the credit was probably snl. Speaking of lead connections I haven't heard much about them lately.

I think agents are still using The Lead Connections but, between the price of mail going up, returns being down, FE agents are finding more cost effective ways of getting leads.

It seems like everyone is using Telemarketing leads and the guys that have access to fixed cost DM leads are buying them up whenever possible.

Don't get me wrong, last year I still did several mail drops but I found that Jenmarco got me the same returns as TLC and that was with a card that mentioned "life insurance" and not the E64

I think agents are still using The Lead Connections but, between the price of mail going up, returns being down, FE agents are finding more cost effective ways of getting leads. It seems like everyone is using Telemarketing leads and the guys that have access to fixed cost DM leads are buying them up whenever possible. Don't get me wrong, last year I still did several mail drops but I found that Jenmarco got me the same returns as TLC and that was with a card that mentioned "life insurance" and not the E64

I'm killing it with lead connections, I mail out 2 weekly, get 70 leads a week.

Back