Is Microalbuminuria a Kidney Disease ?

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
Last minute help to write FE with Americo and need help because everybody is closed today and can't find this in underwriting guide.

This client has diabetes and she was told a recent lab showed elevated level of microalbuminuria in urine which is a type of protein I think and from what google told me is related to diabetes but is it a kidney disease?

I googled kidney diseases and it didn't list it as one of them but this is a replacement so I want to be absolutely sure

Worst-case scenario, hold off on her cancelling her existing coverage until the Americo application has been approved.

Otherwise, get another carrier that will issue a POS approval.

Worst-case scenario, hold off on her cancelling her existing coverage until the Americo application has been approved.

Otherwise, get another carrier that will issue a POS approval.

Thanks. I was able to talk with an underwriter of another FE company and they said one lab result showing elevated protein level is not really a concern or considered a Kidney disease or even a complication of the diabetes.

Not an FE expert but it would seem that what defines a "kidney disease " would be fairly consistent among all FE underwriters

Back