Military Life Serving 6 Months Only?

TPAAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Spoke with a client that served just 6 months- was injuried and says he has a $10,000 life policy from the military- Apparently he says it's on discharge card on the bottom-

Anybody know if this is correct?

Spoke with a client that served just 6 months- was injuried and says he has a $10,000 life policy from the military- Apparently he says it's on discharge card on the bottom-

It's possible that he could have a $10K policy paid for is he's 100% disabled due to military service.

I deal with the military personnel around Ft Campbell all the time. I've seen maybe 2 of them that actually had the $10K policy. Dozens, if not 100's, have told they have it.

Most just have the plot and opening and covering allowance. And that's a reimbursement benefit. The family has to pay and then submit the paperwork to get reimbursed.

"Most just have the plot and opening and covering allowance. And that's a reimbursement benefit. The family has to pay and then submit the paperwork to get reimbursed"

Really? That's news to me.

"Most just have the plot and opening and covering allowance. And that's a reimbursement benefit. The family has to pay and then submit the paperwork to get reimbursed"

Really? That's news to me.

Here's part of what it says;

"VA may grant additional benefits, including the plot or interment allowance and transportation allowance, if it receives a claim for these benefits."

Here's part of what it says;

"VA may grant additional benefits, including the plot or interment allowance and transportation allowance, if it receives a claim for these benefits."

I think the claim is filed before the burial. The Funeral Director just has to have their DD214 discharge papers and he can always get the cemetery space and grave liner for veterans at a VA cemetery. Also a headstone. The family doesn't pay anything for those.

The spouse gets to be buried in the same space (1st death 6 ft deep, 2nd death 3 ft deep) and a grave liner at no cost. The spouse burial will require the family to pay for the open/closing fee (usually less than $500).

They still have to buy the casket and funeral service at the funeral home. The VA doesn't pay for any of that unless the veteran was killed while serving. Probably some allowence like you said for becoming disabled while actively serving. But it's pretty rare.

Veterans will throw smoke screens at you to stall their wives from buying insurance. They usually know they are BSing. They are just trying to get the wife to quit worrying about any of it so they can buy that new fishing rod instead of life insurance.

I have never seen anything relating to insurance on the bottom of a DD-214.

Back