Monumental

papa

Expert
I recently noticed that Monumental FE does not have any questions on felony convictions. Since I have a person who had one about five years ago, I thought that I would use Monumental. However, I have never submitted an app to them, and my FMO is clueless (and useless, but that is a different topic for a different thread). My questions are as follows:
1) How have you found the underwriting at Monumental? Do you get a fairly fast turnaround, or are they slow in processing and paying commissions?
2) I could not find much on the personal history interview. Is the PHI mandatory on all applications? Is the agent suppose to initiate it like an Oxford application at the time of enrollment?
3) how have you found Monumental to deal with? The rates seem good, but sometimes that is a big red flag.

I find this site to be an amazing resource for us independents, and I would really appreciate getting your feedback on your experience with Monumental. Thanks in advance.

I recently noticed that Monumental FE does not have any questions on felony convictions. Since I have a person who had one about five years ago, I thought that I would use Monumental. However, I have never submitted an app to them, and my FMO is clueless (and useless, but that is a different topic for a different thread). My questions are as follows:
1) How have you found the underwriting at Monumental? Do you get a fairly fast turnaround, or are they slow in processing and paying commissions?
2) I could not find much on the personal history interview. Is the PHI mandatory on all applications? Is the agent suppose to initiate it like an Oxford application at the time of enrollment?
3) how have you found Monumental to deal with? The rates seem good, but sometimes that is a big red flag.

I find this site to be an amazing resource for us independents, and I would really appreciate getting your feedback on your experience with Monumental. Thanks in advance.

I just recently got contracted with them. I have a friend who sales them, he has nothing but good things to say about their underwriting. I was a little skeptical also, because the conditions they write standard and app has "is eligible" I thought great rates, but the getting the app through must be a nightmare, but according to him it's fairly quick.

I haven't submitted an app yet, but I've emailed underwriting on a few occasions with questions. First time they were quick with answer and the second time...well I'm still waiting for an answer. This concerns me a little bit, but I'll still deal with them.

Did you find the # for the PHI? Their med list is extensive & flexible too.

Make sure you apps are pristine, or else they will keep asking you over and over again the same details, but you will have other people asking you kinda like Office Space and having multiple bosses haranging you about tps reports. Fully fill out their medications list.

I find their turn around is average, and I like them because there's no POS, a longer app though, and two different apps if you have a younger and older crowd 44.

Their prices aren't the best but their underwriting is the easiest, they will take COPD with no oxygen use.

Last edited:
pay comm upon policy issuance.
not the quickest in processing but less than a week anyway.
no weight restrictions
PHI is done randomly.

Hey, thanks guys.

As usual, this forum has been extremely helpful. Thanks again for all of your quick responses.

Make sure you apps are pristine, or else they will keep asking you over and over again the same details, but you will have other people asking you kinda like Office Space and having multiple bosses haranging you about tps reports. Fully fill out their medications list.

I find their turn around is average, and I like them because there's no POS, a longer app though, and two different apps if you have a younger and older crowd 44.

Their prices aren't the best but their underwriting is the easiest, they will take COPD with no oxygen use.
I second this. I sell Stonebridge. Same product and company on different paper. Just dot your "i"s and cross your "t"s. They're cool other than being taskmasters concerning the app. But then again, most companies are sticklers concerning the app. It is part of a legal contract, after all.

Monumental has been flying my stuff through to issue. Almost everything I've written in the past two months has just gone through, sometimes two days from submission.

I quit writing monumental bc they declined a customer that was on coumadin as a maintenance drug. I understood why they consider it a treatment drug rather than maintenance but didn't understand why it took over a week to find out.

Back