Most Productive Times for Selling FE

alfie

Expert
I need to transistion out of a current position into full time FE. My current schedule would allow me to set and run appointments in the morning up until 1 or 2pm in the afternoon M-F and all day Saturday. From reading on this forum it seems that most FE agents set a full day from 9AM til 9Pm for one or two days a week. I realize some of that has to do with leads being generated in a remote area over 100 miles from home.

I was curious if anyone finds morning or afternoon or evening appointment more productive than others?
And if this proposed schedual would have any inherent flaws?

I recommend that you make the work conform to your requirements not the other way around. You'll be just fine if you work 9-1 M-F plus a Sat morning appt. If you have a Sat morn appt, you can spend the commission. Actual consistent effort will do it. For years, my schedule has been 10-4 M-F and Sat a.m. but some of that is hanging around drinking coffee and teasing the secretary. Sunday's I give the public a day off from me...

I need to transistion out of a current position into full time FE. My current schedule would allow me to set and run appointments in the morning up until 1 or 2pm in the afternoon M-F and all day Saturday. From reading on this forum it seems that most FE agents set a full day from 9AM til 9Pm for one or two days a week. I realize some of that has to do with leads being generated in a remote area over 100 miles from home.

I was curious if anyone finds morning or afternoon or evening appointment more productive than others?
And if this proposed schedual would have any inherent flaws?

I'd almost always close my 8:45/9pm appointments.

funeraldirector said:
I recommend that you make the work conform to your requirements not the other way around. You'll be just fine if you work 9-1 M-F plus a Sat morning appt. If you have a Sat morn appt, you can spend the commission. Actual consistent effort will do it. For years, my schedule has been 10-4 M-F and Sat a.m. but some of that is hanging around drinking coffee and teasing the secretary. Sunday's I give the public a day off from me...

Your still hitting on the secretary....I guess that street canvassing keeps you in shape.

Your still hitting on the secretary....I guess that street canvassing keeps you in shape.

Thanks, Peter. I got it all: brains, brawn, commitment to excellence. The other day I got stuck in front of a mirror. They had to call 911 to save me...On the FE time mgmt topic: a few years ago I gave my sec/admin complete control of my appt book, to book an appt anytime anywhere and I'll be there. It cut down on all the phone tag. She says that someday she'll book a Saturday 3:30 a.m. appt. I said I'll be there!

Many years ago my wife came to work for me, then she became my partner, then she became my boss, then she fired me!

Last edited:
Back