Mr. Duford-Final Expense Agent Mentor

I can't answer the open release question but of course Dave offers ride/training.

17 THOUSAND $$$$ -- Imagine you writing 50K in business and you have to fork over 17,000 to an up-line/trainer?

Does this seem like a fair trade off?

----------

I want to stress this - All of Dave's material/training seems legitimate. Yes, there's ancillary training but the 'meat and potatoes' is the one on one time, group training, ride along, quote machine/product, d2d TRAINING, TELEMARKETING, PRESENTATIONS ETC.. aLL THE TRAINING IS THERE FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE THE PLUNGE AND GIVE fe A GO.

BIG BUT.. 17K? That's awful pricey.
I don't know of Dave's abilities as a producer or trainer so
I can't give you a reccomendation on his program specifically.

But, let me ask you this: if his training gave you everything you need to know to make 100k+ every year for the rest of your life how much would that be worth? What if you'd be able to teach an unlimited amount of agents the same system?

If his program can do that for you 17k is CHEAP. How much does university cost?? :)

Last edited:
I can't answer the open release question but of course Dave offers ride/training.

That is a big question I would want to know.

17 THOUSAND $$$$ -- Imagine you writing 50K in business and you have to fork over 17,000 to an up-line/trainer?

Does this seem like a fair trade off?

So do you fly to him and he goes on appointments with you every day ?

There are guys on here that offer training without any cut in compensation. I would lean towards trying that first myself.

We really need more clarification on his training IMO.

Dave isn't the only option, nor his books.

I want to emphasize that this thread in no way diminishes Dave's program or his ability to train/mentor new agents. I need to make that very clear.

17 thousand, though..???

----------

Why do you think that ship has sailed? How has the business shifted toward someone not needed to give up thousands of dollars in order to get quality training. What's the alternative?

Because today you can start at an IMO with 110-120% contracts with no prior experience and get top level training without giving up those points.

That wasn't the case when I started.

Of course an agent needs training and support. You just don't have to pay for it today with severely reduced contracts.

I don't know of Dave's abilities as a producer or trainer so
I can't give you a reccomendation on his program specifically.

But, let me ask you this: if his training gave you everything you need to know to make 100k+ every year for the rest of your life how much would that be worth? What if you'd be able to teach an unlimited amount of agents the same system?

If his program can do that for you 17k is CHEAP. How much does university cost?? :)

Very good point. And for what it's wortg 17k is assuming 100% persistency. A new agent is highly unlikely to have that strong of business

My question would be, how long do those IMO's keep the agent at those commission levels if they don't produce?

While I can't point back to specific threads, it seems to me like I have seen threads where IMO's have complained vigorously about the laziness of producers and I have seen threads where producers complained vigorously about unhelpfulness of IMO's; so it seems like there may be two sides to the coin.

I think there have also been some threads talking about amounts of production-maybe it was some trip threads, and how hard or easy it is to get to those levels. Again I don't remember specific numbers, but I'm left with the feeling that someone who is following advice of an experienced person might not experience too much difficulty in getting to the 50k level.

It seems to me like Dave is addressing some of these things by saying "Show me the motivation and I'll show you how".

I am not an agent. And, as a group y'all have scared me out of going into final expense if I chose to become an agent. (I would go the med supp route.) While I was thinking things through, I tentatively chose an FE IMO and did it on the basis of training-I don't know what their contract situation is. I would need enough help with scripts, sales techniques, companies and meds That I think it might be unreasonable for me NOT to expect to give something up for awhile.

My question would be, how long do those IMO's keep the agent at those commission levels if they don't produce?

While I can't point back to specific threads, it seems to me like I have seen threads where IMO's have complained vigorously about the laziness of producers and I have seen threads where producers complained vigorously about unhelpfulness of IMO's; so it seems like there may be two sides to the coin.

I think there have also been some threads talking about amounts of production-maybe it was some trip threads, and how hard or easy it is to get to those levels. Again I don't remember specific numbers, but I'm left with the feeling that someone who is following advice of an experienced person might not experience too much difficulty in getting to the 50k level.

It seems to me like Dave is addressing some of these things by saying "Show me the motivation and I'll show you how".

I am not an agent. And, as a group y'all have scared me out of going into final expense if I chose to become an agent. (I would go the med supp route.) While I was thinking things through, I tentatively chose an FE IMO and did it on the basis of training-I don't know what their contract situation is. I would need enough help with scripts, sales techniques, companies and meds That I think it might be unreasonable for me NOT to expect to give something up for awhile.

I've never heard of an IMO reducing commissions because the agent didn't produce.

BIG BUT.. 17K? That's awful pricey.

Absolutely a waste of $$$$ when you can get other IMO's at a higher contract with the same training...

Are there any IMOs that offer top notch proven training, commissions for ALL brand new trainees averaging 115%, FexQuotes for FE quoting at no cost, CSG Actuarial for Med Sup quoting at no cost, Company lead credit doubling with several companies, releases, sales awards, sales tracking/planning software, field training with a PROVEN top producer, full time staff support, plus exclusive library of web training with years of history, the most highly competitive FE companies including SNL, Trinity, Oxford, KSKJ, Gerber, Christian Fidelity, Standard Life, Settlers and more, high level classroom training, group texting/chatting with top producers as well as other newbies allowing you to network with friendly agents across the USA, Funeral Director on staff to answer all your funeral/burial/cremation specific questions you encounter, smokin' hot producer rings, direct contracts to the IMO with no extra middle men, weekly conference call, Telemarketer-leads, Facebook leads, set-price Direct Mail "life insurance" leads with age filter at $27.50 each, weekly drawing for lead bonus money and a proven history of churning out top FE producers.

Is that too much to ask for?

Last edited:
For new salespeople, I think finding a mentor or doing a few ride along's is the only way to go.

However you can watch David's video's on YouTube. I've gained a few insights and helpful hints. This forum has proved helpful as well (despite a tendency to get off topic). There are also video's from others (many of whom are on this board) dealing with a variety of subjects. Learn from them.

I'm sure that you can find a good local agent that is willing to take you under his wing and work with you.

Don't try to exactly copy anyone, but borrow or steal from others to find the method and system that works best for you.

Back