My 1st Month at EFES/Equita Final Expense

What a soap opera this thread was.. enlightening in so many ways for a new person looking into this field..

Trust None - is the tag line.

elmo-hail-satan.gif

Just kidding guys, see below!!;)

the-jews-did-this.gif

Just kidding....see the real deal below!!:D:D

3zB70zq.gif

Ok so since this thread seems a little off track, id like to ask the original question. Is equita a good company to contract with?

Ok so since this thread seems a little off track, id like to ask the original question. Is equita a good company to contract with?

Yes they are. I've been with most of the major IMOs on this forum and settled on EFES. They have managers that are still in the field writing FE successfully AND answer their phones. They have a set priced direct mail piece with Life insurance and Final Expenses in the first line. They've added 4-5 carriers just in last year to round out their carrier lineup. (I thought I would have a much lower persistency writing Trans and other comparable carriers, but my persistency has been just as good over the last year.)

They have a ton of back office support. I didn't think that was a big deal at first, especially being a veteran agent, but I was wrong! Having a department to scrub your apps for mistakes, a Dept to handle contracting, a Dept to handle leads and territories, an office manager that can and will send you any form or app by email. They simply my life tremendously. Best of all, they don't sound grumpy that you're calling to "bug" them about such things. We have around 100 agents part of our EFES Community group chat, where managers actually contribute, along with other top agents in the field.

They have 3 training calls per week, on top of what weekly/daily training your manager offers. They have EFES University which has recordings from top producers on every topic under the sun.

After looking at/being a part of some of the top FE groups in the biz, I truly believe EFES has the best platform for new OR veteran agents.

Last edited:
Yes they are. I've been with most of the major IMOs on this forum and settled on EFES. They have managers that are still in the field writing FE successfully AND answer their phones. They have a set priced direct mail piece with Life insurance and Final Expenses in the first line. They've added 4-5 carriers just in last year to round out their carrier lineup. (I thought I would have a much lower persistency writing Trans and other comparable carriers, but my persistency has been just as good over the last year.)

They have a ton of back office support. I didn't think that was a big deal at first, especially being a veteran agent, but I was wrong! Having a department to scrub your apps for mistakes, a Dept to handle contracting, a Dept to handle leads and territories, an office manager that can and will send you any form or app by email. They simply my life tremendously. Best of all, they don't sound grumpy that you're calling to "bug" them about such things. We have around 100 agents part of our EFES Community group chat, where managers actually contribute, along with other top agents in the field.

They have 3 training calls per week, on top of what weekly/daily training your manager offers. They have EFES University which has recordings from top producers on every topic under the sun.

After looking at/being a part of some of the top FE groups in the biz, I truly believe EFES has the best platform for new OR veteran agents.

Thank you for your great reply! In process to contract with them.

Note To New Readers of This Thread:

After starting and succeeding during my time at EFES, I have now moved on and started my own final expense agency where I specialize in training new agents to final expense, through personalized mentorship and providing a tried-and-tested sales and lead generation model.

You can find out more by clicking this link to Final Expense Agent Mentor.

Also check out my comprehensive free Final Expense Training YouTube Channel for more than 100 videos describing subjects such as:

1) How To Sell Final Expense Successfully,
2) How To Pick The Best Final Expense Leads, and
3) How to figure out whether or not the final expense opportunity you're being offered is a scam.

Definitely check out the free resources above if you are investing the possibility of selling final expense.

Thanks!

Hello all,

Several months ago, I began investigating selling insurance in conjunction with my other business to help supplement my income.

After searching insurance-forum.net deeply, I decided that final expense sales would be the product I would specialize in. Simply because the product made sense (backed by a fundamentally-sound shift in demographics) and wasn't too technically complicated, as I have never sold insurance before.

I decided to contract through Equita Final Expense Services (EFES from now on), and wanted to share with you the results of my first month in business, what I liked, and what my complaints are.

DISCLOSURE: I am willingly providing this information without any compensation or request. I'm mainly doing it because I'm sure there are others out there, researching various insurance products to rep, and would benefit from a newbie's first month perspective.

Management: My direct manager is Andrew Fike out of Atlanta, GA, one of EFES's top agents. It has been a thorough pleasure working with him. He's totally supportive of my working schedule limitations, understanding that I'm only available 3 days in the field for 10-12 hours each day due to my other business. He's willing to take the time and teach me the finer points of selling, helping me modify my pitch and do a better job closing. Also, he's helped me with any questions or concerns I have had. All in all, it's been a 10/10 experience.

Regional Management: My regional manager is Joe Ciaccio out of Tampa, FL. He's a great guy that has helped me with prospecting techniques and scripts. However, I've been more in contact with his office support staff, who've been wonderful helping me get on my feet. Definitely a 10/10 experience.

EFES Corporate: My marketing manager is Chase Ulrich. He's a great guy to work with -- definitely in it to help you be productive. However, if you have read any of jdeasy's posts, one issue I've run into is getting consistent lead flow. Having run a business that's dependent on marketing, I understand response rates and the time it takes to tweak the sizes of drops to consistently produce the amount of leads you need. So far I've been selling through EFES for 4 weeks and I've averaged 9-10 leads a week. I've wanted 20+ weekly to work. I have probably spent 3-4 of the last 12-14 days without anyone to see. Nevertheless, I'm not worried about this long-term, and wouldn't have this hold me up from taking advantage of the EFES opportunity, as I'm confident the problem will be resolved within the next couple of weeks. A 9.5/10 experience, only because I'm hungry to get working all day long.

With 2 days left in the month, I've posted nearly $6,000.00 AP, which I consider decent as I'm new to the industry and have really worked an average of 2 full days each week through June. My goal is to double that for July and onward, once lead flow begins to pick up consistently.

In the meantime, if you're one of the folks like me who are reading this, and are thinking about joining EFES, or are a little bit skeptical, I say give it a shot; it's worth the investment. The support staff and management is great -- they want you to succeed. Just be prepared to work hard at improving constantly, and wading through rat-hole trailers, too.

Best,
Dave D.

Just bumping Dave's thread.. It has dropped to 7th on the all time h0ttest thread list. There is still a wealth of information for new agents to be found in these pages.

I understand feeling like you're missing out on reduced commissions.

The reason I went with them is that you're, more or less, "insuring" a fixed cost for leads (of course, based on productivity), versus taking whatever return you would get and having "sunk costs" with your own mailers.

Plus the training is fantastic -- definitely gives you an edge if you're like me, not having any experience selling insurance.

Cu-dos.. Role reversal 2017 -

Cha Ching..

Last edited:
Back