My 1st Month at EFES/Equita Final Expense

Reardon - Thank you for the post, I am getting ready to branch into something new and FE seems like a good fit for me. You have me excited about giving it a go but just one question... are you captive with EFES?

You aren't captive with them, but they do expect you to write their leads with their carries. That is pretty simple because they have a fairly broad offering.

Reardon - Thank you for the post, I am getting ready to branch into something new and FE seems like a good fit for me. You have me excited about giving it a go but just one question... are you captive with EFES?

Call EFES and talk to Chase or Bobby. I have two friends that work with EFES and one works with Chase, the other works with Bobby.
After reading all of the crazy posts about certain IMO's not supporting people and not living up to their end of the bargain, they both tell me these two guys treat them with respect and get them leads every week.

Call EFES and talk to Chase or Bobby. I have two friends that work with EFES and one works with Chase, the other works with Bobby.
After reading all of the crazy posts about certain IMO's not supporting people and not living up to their end of the bargain, they both tell me these two guys treat them with respect and get them leads every week.

I've called twice now, somebody called me back yesterday while I was at the celebration for the University of South Carolina Gamecocks Baseball National Championship (Back to Back).

They left a cell number, will be calling back tomorrow.

they call it career not captive... they just want you to write your FE with them... seems ok to me since they give you two agent numbers one for the leads and a big contract for your personal biz

^for final expense you are. To protect them you can only offer the FE products that they offer. Which I think are all the major competitors.

they have all the products you could need

I've called twice now, somebody called me back yesterday while I was at the celebration for the University of South Carolina Gamecocks Baseball National Championship (Back to Back).

They left a cell number, will be calling back tomorrow.

big win for them

I decided to pass on Equita. I can see where some people could really benefit from their model, but I don't think it's for me. The lead costs are justifiable but the contracts are low for the business written on the leads, anywhere from 20-30 points lower than other contracts I've been offered. Assuming I write 5k-6k per month that is over 1k per month lost in commissions on top of the lead cost. Sounds like they have a good support network, but I am confident I will figure out a working model within a month or two.

I decided to pass on Equita. I can see where some people could really benefit from their model, but I don't think it's for me. The lead costs are justifiable but the contracts are low for the business written on the leads, anywhere from 20-30 points lower than other contracts I've been offered. Assuming I write 5k-6k per month that is over 1k per month lost in commissions on top of the lead cost. Sounds like they have a good support network, but I am confident I will figure out a working model within a month or two.

Healther,

They will give you higher contract levels and access to first class lead mailing without having to be part of their lead program. You can look up Hoosierdaddy and talk to him about their wholesale program, or PM me and I can tell you more as well. I know you can get 110% or more easily on most of their carriers if you pay for your own mail.

If you only write $5-6k per month and are on the EFES lead system getting 15 leads per week it would most definately not be in your interest to do that.

That's pretty much part time FE work. EFES's lead program is not for the part timer in any way.

Their brokerage side may very well be for you. You are not on the lead sustem and you get higher than street contracts. You still get the training and support of EFES and a discount on your lead mailings.

If you only write $5-6k per month and are on the EFES lead system getting 15 leads per week it would most definately not be in your interest to do that.

That's pretty much part time FE work. EFES's lead program is not for the part timer in any way.

Their brokerage side may very well be for you. You are not on the lead sustem and you get higher than street contracts. You still get the training and support of EFES and a discount on your lead mailings.

I was using the OP's numbers for the 5-6k. The brokerage side does sound good, and I am considering that but will probably stick with my local FMO as they are offering the same level of contracts. Maybe I am missing the value of the lead program because it sounds even worse if you project donating 20-30% of your commissions at 10-15k. Don't misinterpret this as a bash, I am truly wondering if I misunderstood the deal which is entirely possible given that they wouldn't send it to me in writing unless I signed their contracts.

I was using the OP's numbers for the 5-6k. The brokerage side does sound good, and I am considering that but will probably stick with my local FMO as they are offering the same level of contracts. Maybe I am missing the value of the lead program because it sounds even worse if you project donating 20-30% of your commissions at 10-15k. Don't misinterpret this as a bash, I am truly wondering if I misunderstood the deal which is entirely possible given that they wouldn't send it to me in writing unless I signed their contracts.

The lead program works if you are unable to generate your own leads at a reasonable rate. I am currently looking at under 1/2% returns in my area, and that makes Equitas lead program for me a no brainer. That being said, if I could produce a decent return I would have them mail out on the wholesale side and take my higher contracts. They mail out first class and it returns first class, that is a big deal. (at least for return times). I am happy to answer any questions you have and Im not out to recruit, so If I can help let me know. Good luck with whatever you choose.

When you get to the $15000k per month level you will pay between $11 and and $15 per lead plus you would be at over 100% contracts.

There is 10% difference between my broker contract and my lead contract.

Back