My 1st Month at EFES/Equita Final Expense

I understand feeling like you're missing out on reduced commissions.

The reason I went with them is that you're, more or less, "insuring" a fixed cost for leads (of course, based on productivity), versus taking whatever return you would get and having "sunk costs" with your own mailers.

Plus the training is fantastic -- definitely gives you an edge if you're like me, not having any experience selling insurance.

they call it career not captive... they just want you to write your FE with them... seems ok to me since they give you two agent numbers one for the leads and a big contract for your personal biz

I asked about this when I talked to them recently and was told that was not the case.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Their brokerage side may very well be for you. You are not on the lead sustem and you get higher than street contracts. You still get the training and support of EFES and a discount on your lead mailings.

I asked about this as well and was told there was no training or support. You pick one or the other. Higher contract or work the system. Those are the only two options.

Last edited:
I asked about this when I talked to them recently and was told that was not the case.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I asked about this as well and was told there was no training or support. You pick one or the other. Higher contract or work the system. Those are the only two options.

Every agent with EFES has two writing numbers with every company. One is a retail number to use when writing business from the leads. The other is a wholesale number to use for referrals or your own generated business. If someone told you that is not the case, they are wrong.

Nor is it the case that you have to pick one or the other. That might be the way some managers run it, but, you still have access to the plug and learn calls and you have access to the EFES university.

Travis has an offer in the offers section. He doesn't treat anyone any differently no matter which contract they are on.

Every agent with EFES has two writing numbers with every company. One is a retail number to use when writing business from the leads. The other is a wholesale number to use for referrals or your own generated business. If someone told you that is not the case, they are wrong.

Nor is it the case that you have to pick one or the other. That might be the way some managers run it, but, you still have access to the plug and learn calls and you have access to the EFES university.

Travis has an offer in the offers section. He doesn't treat anyone any differently no matter which contract they are on.

I must have confused two writing numbers with two agent numbers (dual contract).

I did specifically ask about the education and was told there was none unless you were on the system. You had to buy their leads and work the system. By just contracting with them, that is all you would get, a contract/s. Reason why is because they have agents working the 'system' so it wouldn't be fair to get the education information and not be on the 'system'. That is what I was told.

I asked if I signed up for a couple of companies could I have access to the education and telephone calls, ect. ect. I was told no.

I must have confused two writing numbers with two agent numbers (dual contract).

I did specifically ask about the education and was told there was none unless you were on the system. You had to buy their leads and work the system. By just contracting with them, that is all you would get, a contract/s. Reason why is because they have agents working the 'system' so it wouldn't be fair to get the education information and not be on the 'system'. That is what I was told.

I asked if I signed up for a couple of companies could I have access to the education and telephone calls, ect. ect. I was told no.

I can believe you were told that, but, it's wrong information. There may be some managers with EFES that work that way. Even if you were with a manager like that you would have access to the EFES website and you could access all the training files.

I do know that a person on the leaderboard right now and did a plug and learn last week is on a broker contract and does not get leads.

I'm not doubting what you were told. I am challenging the accuracy of what you were told.

***Update***

For those following this thread and wanting to know more about EFES, here's my 2nd month's results:

-I previously mentioned in my earlier posts I was looking for 20 leads on average to flow in. During the month of July, EFES and Chase, my marketing manager, delivered on their promise and now I'm currently getting 20 solid leads per week.

-As far as the lead quality goes, most have some interest in some type of final expense policy -- and it's my job to identify the need, show the lead it costs more now to do nothing versus taking a plan out, then close them on something in his best interest.

-I'm closing about 20-25% of the leads I get, and generate around 2-3 referrals on average from these leads (I just ask for them at the end of each presentation, whether or not they buy -- in fact, I made appointments with 2 referrals for Tuesday after delivering a presentation to an unqualified prospect).

-As everyone who's gone though EFES has said, the training is fantastic -- I stay in frequent touch with my manager Andrew and run ideas off him and get constructive feedback to improve my game. Plus I get the added benefit of being accountable to a superior, making me strive to be better.

-With my improved presentation skills and consistent lead flow, I generated around $13,500 in Annualized Premium in July, up from $6,500 in June. And this is working the "hood" and "country." By the way, this is only my 2nd month selling insurance, I only work three full days (9AM to 9PM, TU/TH/SAT), and had a day or two where I sold nothing.

My goal for August is to hit $14000-$15000AP. And to see if Jdeasy will let me do a ride-along with him (he MUST be working more than his 2 days a week, as he sold nearly $23000AP in July...)!

Thanks EFES for giving me the opportunity and the access to perform at my best. Again, this is not a paid endorsement -- 3 or 4 months ago I was in the same shoes as a lot of folks are in now -- not knowing what insurance niche to get in. I'm definitely happy of my choice with EFES and encourage those on the fence to give it a shot.

-Dave

Dave, thanks for posting your results. Congratulations and I hope you meet or exceed your future goals!

Is there anyone on the forum that is having success with EFES in California?

Dave, thanks for posting your results. Congratulations and I hope you meet or exceed your future goals!

Is there anyone on the forum that is having success with EFES in California?

I don't believe he is active on here, but Equita has a producer (Jim W.) in So. California that was top 5 in the company last year and the #1 producer for Royal Neighbors. Look up Hoosierdaddy (his regional manager) and he may be able to give you more insight or contact info for him. Good luck.

Hi Reardon,

Just curious if you could further explain...the $13,500 in AP you quoted for the week used as an example; what does that mean in terms of your commision for that week? What did you actually put in pocket"? I know this is probably a basic question but I'm not sure how the math works... Congrat's on your success and please keep the updates coming on your progress.

Back