My Final System Change For 2017 . . .

I guess I'm wondering what company would allow an agent to issue immediate coverage with field approval and no PHI or apptical interview.
Companies have long allowed agents to issue binding conditional receipts. And, the POS is a relatively new invention. CL still issues conditional receipts on their plans.

" Sometimes the product he sells can bring down racial barriers. "In northern Mississippi are mostly white folk," he says. "One time up there we had four husbands of state employees die within a year and a half of each other. They had bought policies from us even though they were skeptical about me and my company. I went up there and spent the night. We paid those policies, and that was all the publicity I needed in that area for everybody to start buying from us -- because they knew that we paid. I wasn't black and I wasn't white; I was green. That was all they could see."

It's all about the "Green" . . .

I have Settlers. Wonder if Settlers will advance on a list bill?

I hear ya on who pays the premium. Only reason I said that method is because that is what this initial Owner wanted to do - pay the premium for the Employees as a benefit . . .

Going into a 5 person business and writing $20 month and writing one or two a week - will build nice renewals . . .

The problem with Settlers is the POS. I would not want to have to do POS interviews on the job site if taking applications on several employees.

The problem with Settlers is the POS. I would not want to have to do POS interviews on the job site if taking applications on several employees.

Can't the call be scheduled for after hours instead of at time of application? Just do a 3-way?

I have to change in 2017 if I want to Thrive & Survive . . .

1) No Recruiting Insurance Agents . . .

2) Create My Own Leads . . .

3) Write $2k AP Every Week starting 2 / 1 . . . $4k AP Every Week starting 8 / 1 . . .

4) Life = Market SIWL, GI and Term Products Only . . .

5) Health = Market Med Sups and MA's if the opportunity presents itself . . .

6) Individual & Small Businesses Markets . . .

7) Qualify for the Settlers Biltmore Challenge and Qualify this year for 2 Carrier Trips in 2018 . . .

8) If I mention personally recruiting Insurance Agents or changing my Forum Signature in 2017 - I will make a youtube video of me smashing my head into a wall . . .

Peace to everyone! Looking forward to learning more and sharing success stories as they occur . . .

If I have offended you in the past - I'm sorry. I'm going to still bust some jokes - but, I need to leave the negativity in the past so I can work on my positive thinking . . .

Happy New Year!

You are still on a path to failure. Why can you just not look at an agent that's where you want to be and copy what that agent does?

The FE has been invented. I'm in my 13th year as an independent agent. I've never seen anyone succeed that simply refused to do what already worked.

You are still on a path to failure. Why can you just not look at an agent that's where you want to be and copy what that agent does?

The FE has been invented. I'm in my 13th year as an independent agent. I've never seen anyone succeed that simply refused to do what already worked.

Don't really want to market "FE" perse' . . .

Going to mix in the Small Business with my Individual offerings using SIWL. The SB's will allow me to see more people in less time.

If it doesn't work out over the next few years - still time to pivot.

But - I hear ya JD . . .

Don't really want to market "FE" perse' . . .

Going to mix in the Small Business with my Individual offerings using SIWL. The SB's will allow me to see more people in less time.

If it doesn't work out over the next few years - still time to pivot.

But - I hear ya JD . . .

I'm primarily talking about the self generating of leads. Very few, and I mean very few, seasoned successful agents are able to self generate leads.

I've never heard of a novice doing it. I've seen many try.

Doesn't matter if it's FE or something else. I saw a very successful MP agent that was buying leads decide he didn't want to pay for leads anymore.

He started going down to the courthouse and getting info on new mortgages. Then designed a mailer and sent them himself.

He was spending far more time doing all that than the cost of just buying the leads would have been.

In less than a year this former successful agent was out of the business completely.

You have a tendency to listen to people that don't do what you want to do and then you refuse to listen to those that do the business.

If you now want to do the small business thing then why aren't you hooked up with someone that does that?

Point taken . . .

I'm not personally walking and DK to generate the lead. Going to hire some peeps like want to earn an extra $200 a week to do it . . .

Me and a buddy created 6 solid leads in less then 3 hours ( 6 man hours ) - I closed 2 of those 6 for almost $1k AP. I can create these D2D leads for $20 or less and they seem to be as strong as DM leads - but, really not a fair sample size to make that determination yet.

40 leads a week will save me $400 a week + provide income to a few peeps that may need it . . .

I'll have better control on when and where I want to create the leads. Won't take me but a few hours each week pulling the list, emailing it to the lead generator and then uploading the leads when they email them back.

On the SB side - just going to personally DK some while in between Appointments or No Shows, etc . . .

I'm primarily talking about the self generating of leads. Very few, and I mean very few, seasoned successful agents are able to self generate leads.

I've never heard of a novice doing it. I've seen many try.

Doesn't matter if it's FE or something else. I saw a very successful MP agent that was buying leads decide he didn't want to pay for leads anymore.

He started going down to the courthouse and getting info on new mortgages. Then designed a mailer and sent them himself.

He was spending far more time doing all that than the cost of just buying the leads would have been.

In less than a year this former successful agent was out of the business completely.

You have a tendency to listen to people that don't do what you want to do and then you refuse to listen to those that do the business.

If you now want to do the small business thing then why aren't you hooked up with someone that does that?

Can't the call be scheduled for after hours instead of at time of application? Just do a 3-way?

They will call at a later time but it doesn't have to be a three way. However, I would say you will have business drop off if you do it that way. Perhaps some of the others can share their experience on what happens if the interview is not done at the time of the sale.

While I said Settlers offers list bill, you need to know how much experienced they have with it. If a company just dabbles in payroll, they can cause you a lot of headaches if they don't do it right.

JD gave you top notch advice. If you are going to concentrate on FE, emulate the pros. If you are going to concentrate on small business, get with companies that specialize in that market.

Back