My Wife's DM from United of Omaha

PaulieD

Super Genius
Female, 56, Non Smoker, No Med Exam required
State is RI
Whole Life

The rate given on the mailer is 37.50 mth, this is a graded policy for 2 years.

Can this rate be beaten?
I am just comparing, studying to pass the exam, and get out in the FE world.

Female, 56, Non Smoker, No Med Exam required
State is RI
Whole Life

The rate given on the mailer is 37.50 mth, this is a graded policy for 2 years.

Can this rate be beaten?
I am just comparing, studying to pass the exam, and get out in the FE world.

If the person has to have a 2 year ROP, it's not graded it's 2 year ROP, then it's most likely the best deal out there.

What's wrong with their health that they can't get level coverage?

If the person has to have a 2 year ROP, it's not graded it's 2 year ROP, then it's most likely the best deal out there.

What's wrong with their health that they can't get level coverage?

You're right, but the mailer called it a graded policy. It does clearly state however that there would be a return of premium in the first 2 years.

There is nothing wrong with my wife's health. I was just curious about the rate and grading for future competitive reasons. She probably qualifies for a regular whole life policy.

You're right, but the mailer called it a graded policy. It does clearly state however that there would be a return of premium in the first 2 years.

There is nothing wrong with my wife's health. I was just curious about the rate and grading for future competitive reasons. She probably qualifies for a regular whole life policy.

Then she could level coverage whole life $10K for around $23-24/mo.

That UoO direct to consumers plan is about as cheap as there is for GI. It's sold direct because they want healthy people to buy it. They don't want agents selling it because they know we will sell it where it should be sold.

So GI stands for Graded Issue and not Guaranteed Issue?

Or are they used interchangeably sometimes?

Thanks for your help JD !

GI=Guaranteed Issue=Modified=2/3 year ROP + %.

2 year ROP + 10% in this case.

Many GI companies, especially the mail in companies, call their Modified GI policies Graded.

To Indy agents, graded is limited benefited for the first 2 years like RNA and Foresters offer 30/70/100% Face for years 1/2/3.

So GI stands for Graded Issue and not Guaranteed Issue?

Or are they used interchangeably sometimes?

Thanks for your help JD !

GI is guaranteed issue. Many companies mistakenly call their ROP plans "graded".

Or maybe it's to mislead?

Either way it's wrong to call an ROP plan graded.

I am asking because I can imagine once I'm out there that I will run into other mailers that the potential clients would have received.

I wanted to get a general feeling if we could, for the most part, beat the mailed offers like this we received.

It would be good to know that I could smile (on the inside) when a potential client shows one of these to me. If I can beat it with better coverage/price, then I could smile on the outside too, along with the client.

I am asking because I can imagine once I'm out there that I will run into other mailers that the potential clients would have received.

I wanted to get a general feeling if we could, for the most part, beat the mailed offers like this we received.

It would be good to know that I could smile (on the inside) when a potential client shows one of these to me. If I can beat it with better coverage/price, then I could smile on the outside too, along with the client.

You'll beat out the competition with a strong presentation, your energy and enthusiasm, and ability to close the sale...

In most cases, I find price to be irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back