NASB Agent Harassing my Client

onefastpony

Guru
100+ Post Club
Ok, here is some background on this client. He is kind very timid individual that has been taken advantage of by several agents in the past few months.

I received a DM piece for this client and originally met with him on a Saturday. He kept mentioning that he had a few policies but that he didn’t have them with him since he had mailed them to the beneficiaries. He said that the policies were being mailed back to him from the beneficiaries because he said the Bene felt uncomfortable having the policies.

I decided that I would do a follow up with this guy later on in the week. When I did come back to visit with him I started doing some research. Come to find out he originally had two Foresters policies that were over two years old, well an agent came in in April and told him that since Foresters was a Fraternal that if they went bankrupt then his polices would be worthless. This agent then wrote him up two 6K policies with Sentinel Life.

The prospect then said he had also spoken to another agent with North American and had taken out a 10K policy with them. I was confused since I knew that North American didn’t have anything that small.
The prospect then also said that he had met with a SL rep and the agent from North American was slamming them. Well, turns out it wasn’t SL but an IMO in South Florida that goes by Senior Life Services. So this other agent from “North American” was slamming another company/agent she had no clue about.

I asked the prospect if he had received his policies back from the beneficiary and he stated no. I then asked if he had any paperwork at all from the other agents since there were no policies to speak of except the Sentinel Policies. He said “No.” I then asked for business cards. The prospect produced two business cards; one from an agent with Senior Life Services, and another from NASB.

Now I know where the prospect was getting North American from and how he was confused.

Since there were no other policies that I could see I went on the Department of Insurance website to look up the agents. I called the one company that the agent with Senior Life Services was with and they had no record of any policy or application.

I then called the companies that the agent from NASB was contracted with and found out that he had applied for a 5-Star policy that was downgraded to a graded product based on PHI. The rep from 5-Star gave me the name of the submitting agent and it was neither of the cards that I had in front of me. The policy with 5-Star was not accepted.

I then called Monumental and they said they did have a policy pending for the prospect. The Policy was for 25K and was just submitted. I was then transferred to an underwriter who also said that the prospect had an active policy as well for 10K that was issued in the beginning of May. I asked the underwriter how the policy was issued and she said Preferred NT and the one in underwriting was also Preferred NT. I then asked if prospect rides a scooter on a daily basis would they qualify for Preferred, (I knew the answer but wanted the client to hear) the underwriter said no that it would be a graded policy. The client then jumped into the conversation saying he told the other agent that he did use a scooter both times on the application. The underwriter said that both applications were marked no but that she was now going to order a PHI. I told them not to worry but to withdraw the policy in underwriting and that we were going to Free Look the policy that was just issued.

I then added up all the monies from all the policies that he had and that were pending. He was paying 250/month for 47K of insurance. He said there was no way in hell he could afford all that. Come to find out the other agents had spread out his draft dates so that everything didn’t come out at once. The client said he could only afford about 130/month.

I would up writing him a 25K policy with Americo, everything on the up and up. I filled out replacement forms on the active policies but not on the policy that was still in underwriting.

The agent from NASB then started harassing my now client. She started calling saying that I lied to Americo, that he lied to her about the scooter, (You can’t miss this scooter, it’s in his living room in a very small apartment. Your sitting at a table next to it.) She kept saying that it was in his best interest to come back to Monumental and take the now graded policy.
The agent then states that she will be coming to his house to have him sign reinstatement forms and will also be bringing an application of Americo to “Show” the client where I lied.

I told the client to ignore her. Then the client calls me yesterday saying that the agent from NASB has sent him a nasty letter that she didn’t sign it though. She went on to state in the letter that I lied about his Ht/Wt, which wasn’t true, that I lied on the application about him using a walker for a chronic illness, which wasn’t true. The client used a walker for two days almost six months ago for Gout. I even called Americo and asked them if Gout was considered a Chronic Illness and they said no, that a walker for Gout was fine.

This has been going on since the end of May when I replaced her policy. What the hell is up with the damn NASB agents especially when they are doing unethical things.

Sorry for the long post. Any advice?:goofy:

I have noticed that female agents in particular take it much more personal when you replace their policies. I've had a few say some crazy stuff.

I've got some recordings off a customers answering machine where a lady agent kept calling the client every day saying they just need to hear from her because if I was desperate enough to replace her great Liberty Bankers policy she feared for the lady's safety.

Another one last week is going to report me to the BBB because agents shouldn't sell policies to people who already bought. That one was a Bankers Life and Casualty agent of all things.

Guys can be nuts too. But I think it's more common for the ladies to get really twisted up over losing a case.

#1 to call this lady your client is hilarious.SHES ANY AGENTS CLIENT THAT HAPPENS TO BE IN HER HOME THAT DAY AS SHE FILLS OUT CARD AFTER CARD.My question is why would you even want to write a client who had a policy just issued and another one in underwriting by a different agent.She obviously believes any agent who happens to show up that day. so why do you think your po,licy won't be replaced in a few months?

#1 to call this lady your client is hilarious.SHES ANY AGENTS CLIENT THAT HAPPENS TO BE IN HER HOME THAT DAY AS SHE FILLS OUT CARD AFTER CARD.My question is why would you even want to write a client who had a policy just issued and another one in underwriting by a different agent.She obviously believes any agent who happens to show up that day. so why do you think your po,licy won't be replaced in a few months?

Because this client now understands that he was taken advantage of by the other agents. I've also had to hold his hand, figuratively, he will call me every couple days. No other agent he had would take his calls or call him back when he left a VM.

I told him he should've just kept his two Foresters policies. The client now sees me as a "Trusted Advisor." So that will hopefully help. :yes:

I think he wrote it to do right by the client. If the appropriate policy is sold and explained clearly to the client, the guy probably won't be shopping much anymore after the bad experiences.

lol like the stripper who tells the client"you're the first one". I bet she said the same thing to all the other agents. Time will tell.

I would call the NASB agent myself and have a chat. I hope you keep this client but I bet money it gets replaced. He will believe the first smooth talking agent that walks in.

I am with Boman this one -- dude sounds like a total flake.

Hope the business sticks -- at least you did a much better job for him.

Back