NASB Newbie Report...5/26/15

photojoe100

OK....I don't want to start any arguments, this is just one person's account of the process thus far...OK? Had to drive 2 hours for my first 2 ride along's, not a problem, I love to drive. Just pointing it out as you may be asked to do the same. Both times, person was great! Person made almost a grand in one day, almost 800 the next time. Saw it with my own eyes. And, that was based on MY 70%, not whatever that person would have made on they're(higher) commission rate. After that, as far as training, not so much, actually, nothing. Ride along's a all good and well, but say...2 hours in a quiet environment going over the finer details would have been great. If you, like myself have no experience in this field, the devil is in the details. Moving on...I was told that the next step would be to have a mentor ride along with ME this time, watching, coaching etc...very relieving to hear! One problem, it didn't happen. I was given 30 leads(B]Platinum[/B]...btw..$25 each:) for free and told to just "get out there" ....so I did. First day out sold a policy, second day out sold a policy, then the trouble began. Disconnected phone numbers, people had died, moved, or most commonly "I don't remember sending anything in asking for info". One of the best was while trying to set up an appointment, before I got to the end of my opening sentence, the person said "I don't need any insurance." Strange, I never mentioned insurance, as a matter of fact I was trained to NEVER mention insurance. How could they have know? Simple, this lead was "stepped on" multiple times, IMHO. It seems as though I was given a batch of VERY old, weak, used and abused leads. I was given the impression that this was a great "gift" to help me get started.....not so much. Question....why would you just kick someone out into the field with weak/dead leads? My upline want's me to sell, so he/she gets they're cut, right? Perhaps the answer is somewhere along the line of, let's put the least amount of effort and money into the newbie and see if he/she sinks or swims. So far, my total investment in myself (course fees, testing fees, state application fees, background checks, business cards, binders, folders, file cabinet, stapler, staples, gas for 2 weeks out, food...about $1000. My return on 2 policies sold? $349. We will see how it goes....

Just think, had you went with LH you wouldn't have gotten any free leads at all.

Last edited:
OK....I don't want to start any arguments, this is just one person's account of the process thus far...OK? Had to drive 2 hours for my first 2 ride along's, not a problem, I love to drive. Just pointing it out as you may be asked to do the same. Both times, person was great! Person made almost a grand in one day, almost 800 the next time. Saw it with my own eyes. And, that was based on MY 70%, not whatever that person would have made on they're(higher) commission rate. After that, as far as training, not so much, actually, nothing. Ride along's a all good and well, but say...2 hours in a quiet environment going over the finer details would have been great. If you, like myself have no experience in this field, the devil is in the details. Moving on...I was told that the next step would be to have a mentor ride along with ME this time, watching, coaching etc...very relieving to hear! One problem, it didn't happen. I was given 30 leads(B]Platinum...btw..$25 each:) for free and told to just "get out there" ....so I did. First day out sold a policy, second day out sold a policy, then the trouble began. Disconnected phone numbers, people had died, moved, or most commonly "I don't remember sending anything in asking for info". One of the best was while trying to set up an appointment, before I got to the end of my opening sentence, the person said "I don't need any insurance." Strange, I never mentioned insurance, as a matter of fact I was trained to NEVER mention insurance. How could they have know? Simple, this lead was "stepped on" multiple times, IMHO. It seems as though I was given a batch of VERY old, weak, used and abused leads. I was given the impression that this was a great "gift" to help me get started.....not so much. Question....why would you just kick someone out into the field with weak/dead leads? My upline want's me to sell, so he/she gets they're cut, right? Perhaps the answer is somewhere along the line of, let's put the least amount of effort and money into the newbie and see if he/she sinks or swims. So far, my total investment in myself (course fees, testing fees, state application fees, background checks, business cards, binders, folders, file cabinet, stapler, staples, gas for 2 weeks out, food...about $1000. My return on 2 policies sold? $349. We will see how it goes....

I know NASB quite well. I can assure you they did not give you $25 platinum leads for free. They gave you their bronze leads that are typically about a year old and are $3 each

($25) platinum leads and ($19) check leads.

Sale leads ($11) are listed in red. Gold ($7), silver ($5), and bronze ($3) leads have been previously purchased.

OK....I don't want to start any arguments, this is just one person's account of the process thus far...OK? Had to drive 2 hours for my first 2 ride along's, not a problem, I love to drive. Just pointing it out as you may be asked to do the same. Both times, person was great! Person made almost a grand in one day, almost 800 the next time. Saw it with my own eyes. And, that was based on MY 70%, not whatever that person would have made on they're(higher) commission rate. After that, as far as training, not so much, actually, nothing. Ride along's a all good and well, but say...2 hours in a quiet environment going over the finer details would have been great. If you, like myself have no experience in this field, the devil is in the details. Moving on...I was told that the next step would be to have a mentor ride along with ME this time, watching, coaching etc...very relieving to hear! One problem, it didn't happen. I was given 30 leads(B]Platinum...btw..$25 each:) for free and told to just "get out there" ....so I did. First day out sold a policy, second day out sold a policy, then the trouble began. Disconnected phone numbers, people had died, moved, or most commonly "I don't remember sending anything in asking for info". One of the best was while trying to set up an appointment, before I got to the end of my opening sentence, the person said "I don't need any insurance." Strange, I never mentioned insurance, as a matter of fact I was trained to NEVER mention insurance. How could they have know? Simple, this lead was "stepped on" multiple times, IMHO. It seems as though I was given a batch of VERY old, weak, used and abused leads. I was given the impression that this was a great "gift" to help me get started.....not so much. Question....why would you just kick someone out into the field with weak/dead leads? My upline want's me to sell, so he/she gets they're cut, right? Perhaps the answer is somewhere along the line of, let's put the least amount of effort and money into the newbie and see if he/she sinks or swims. So far, my total investment in myself (course fees, testing fees, state application fees, background checks, business cards, binders, folders, file cabinet, stapler, staples, gas for 2 weeks out, food...about $1000. My return on 2 policies sold? $349. We will see how it goes....

Have they cleared you for recruiting yet?

"So far, my total investment in myself (course fees, testing fees, state application fees, background checks, business cards, binders, folders, file cabinet, stapler, staples, gas for 2 weeks out, food...about $1000. My return on 2 policies sold? $349."
You're in a bad situation but you can't blame them for you spending money to get licensed and set up. You listing the above bolded items tells me everything I needed to know.

"So far, my total investment in myself (course fees, testing fees, state application fees, background checks, business cards, binders, folders, file cabinet, stapler, staples, gas for 2 weeks out, food...about $1000. My return on 2 policies sold? $349."
You're in a bad situation but you can't blame them for you spending money to get licensed and set up. You listing the above bolded items tells me everything I needed to know.

Hey are you my long lost brother:D:D

I wonder how much of that $1,000 was spent on food? :laugh:

2 hours in a quiet environment going over the finer details would have been great. If you, like myself have no experience in this field, the devil is in the details. Moving on...I was told that the next step would be to have a mentor ride along with ME this time, watching, coaching etc...very relieving to hear!

Normally, A MENTOR is not going to ride with you in the field unless you are willing to purchase fresh leads and split the deal with him. I recommend recording yourself during the presentation and working on yourself. Take incentive to better yourself on your own if you can't afford to fail.

One problem, it didn't happen. I was given 30 leads(B]Platinum[/B]...btw..$25 each:) for free and told to just "get out there" ....so I did. First day out sold a policy, second day out sold a policy, then the trouble began.

Did you really think they were going to give an unproven agent FREE leads? They should not have lied to you.

Disconnected phone numbers, people had died, moved, or most commonly "I don't remember sending anything in asking for info". One of the best was while trying to set up an appointment, before I got to the end of my opening sentence, the person said "I don't need any insurance."

This is normal for aged, re-worked leads. You need to learn how to overcome objections on the phone. There is not reason to call aged leads. Just go and door knock them.

Question....why would you just kick someone out into the field with weak/dead leads?

You are an unproven agent. Either INVEST into NEW leads or prove yourself. I'm betting you don't have money to invest into leads and they gave you what they gave you.

So far, my total investment in myself (course fees, testing fees, state application fees, background checks, business cards, binders, folders, file cabinet, stapler, staples, gas for 2 weeks out, food...about $1000. My return on 2 policies sold? $349. We will see how it goes....

Welcome to the forum!

This is YOUR business and it's YOUR career. A typical business "start up fee" is in the Thousands. If you don't have money to invest into yourself, then you will always feel like a hostage.

1. Get a job at McDonalds, sell your gun collection, walk US1, whatever it takes to get a few thousand dollars to buy leads.

2. Get a real mentor. You are way to green to do this alone, and you are obviously not happy where you are at, so move on.

3. Put your money where your mouth is and INVEST in your business. Don't expect someone else to invest their money into your leads. There will always be something attached to that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back