Neuropathy Day 1 Coverage

SLAICO will approve them for Sub-Standard Level if they are on insulin, even if they've got neuropathy, retinopathy, nephropathy and had both legs amputated. They do not even ask about diabetic complications. And you can sell it over the phone.

I've had clients on only metformin or januvia (no insulin)with neuropathy.

Just thought I'd point out that it doesn't look like Oxford would write this case. Oxford's question #5 - what'd you do with the part about diabetic neuropathy ever? Doesn't say they have to be insulin dependent. Am I missing something?

Just thought I'd point out that it doesn't look like Oxford would write this case. Oxford's question #5 - what'd you do with the part about diabetic neuropathy ever? Doesn't say they have to be insulin dependent. Am I missing something?

Unless they changed their app. It only asks on Question #5 about insulin shock, diabetic coma, insulin before age 50 (which might knock it out) or diabetes before age 30.

Sometimes these bastards change their underwriting and the emails get lost in my spam.
20170811_214829.png

Last edited:
Besides Royal will anyone do a level on a 54 year old female-20k-sc with insulin and neuropathy ? She got a quote from Lincoln at $70 a month but will they offer day one coverage and level rate and death benefit for the rest of her life ? If so will just tell her to go there but would like to capture the sale....thx

I have multiple cases with Trinity with this very thing. They are great with insulin and neuropathy. Prosperity is good for these as well and is generally a dollar or two more expensive than Trinity, but their contracts in my experience in general are a bit higher for the agent. I talked to a mutual Of Omaha underwriter last week and they told me they would take gabapentin/lyrica for neuropathy level as long as there is no diabetes. Hopefully this is helpful.

I have multiple cases with Trinity with this very thing. They are great with insulin and neuropathy. Prosperity is good for these as well and is generally a dollar or two more expensive than Trinity, but their contracts in my experience in general are a bit higher for the agent. I talked to a mutual Of Omaha underwriter last week and they told me they would take gabapentin/lyrica for neuropathy level as long as there is no diabetes. Hopefully this is helpful.

Prosperity will not take neuropathy level with diabetes.

Unless they changed their app. It only asks on Question #5 about insulin shock, diabetic coma, insulin before age 50 (which might knock it out) or diabetes before age 30.

Sometimes these bastards change their underwriting and the emails get lost in my spam.
20170811_214829.png

Yes, I have the newest Application for IL/WI/IA and that is the language now concerning Neuropathy EVER. On this post on page 1 someone else mentioned the same thing too. I assume SC's Application is not State specific
. Might want to check their website.

----------

How would you have neuropathy alone?

There are multiple non-diabetic causes of Neuropathy. Mine's been diagnosed as an auto-immune Idiopathic Autonomic Peripheral Neuropathy. They really don't know it's full cause beyond some errant gene gone recently crazy. All of it went down within a month about 16-18 months ago. :1baffled:
It has changed my formerly taken for granted active life and I have ok days and 'weird' days that I'm still getting used to. Lyrica takes the edge off my various deep pains and cramps in both feet not simutaneously, but doesn't make up for my poor equilibrium or lack of energy or endurance. Not complaining though. I don't have it as bad as others who suffer much more with it. Just sort of educating you as you asked, not looking for sympathy.

Prosperity will not take neuropathy level with diabetes.

I may be wrong, but I don't see anything on the application or prescription guide that deals with neuropathy. Have you had any diabetes/neuropathy get declined with prosperity? Definitely want to get this right in the future. Thanks for your help!

I had app. rated for neuropathy, I was told by underwriting its included in complications from diabetes in app.

Read the UW guide. It specifically mentions neuropathy as a no go.

Back