New Agent in Chicago/Illinois

I'd contact Adam Brsan from security national life. He's a regional manager for them but personally produces daily in the Chicago/ NW Indiana area.

No they can't. Hopefully the OP knows who to tune out and who to listen to.

I'd assume he's referring to response rates when looking for what zips to mail within a particular region. Are you under the impression that an imo would know better than people that sell leads and do nothing else? Chris has always been spot on and I've worked multiple states. Everyone knows you're here to pimp fex.

I'd assume he's referring to response rates when looking for what zips to mail within a particular region. Are you under the impression that an imo would know better than people that sell leads and do nothing else? Chris has always been spot on and I've worked multiple states. Everyone knows you're here to pimp fex.

I was here long before FEX. So you can stick that BS where the sun don't shine.

And no I am not under any impression. I know the IMO's that specialize in FE have a better handle on response rates than the person trying to sell you leads.

But since you don't sell FE for a living you wouldn't have a clue as to what I'm talking about and agents looking to get into FE should not be listening to your advice.

Even though you claim to speak for "everyone" now.

Any opinion of why Chicago/Illinois isn't discussed much? Is it not a good FE area? Not saying people aren't doing well, just curious why there isn't much representation here?

I read some threads where one agent mentioned having trouble in Chicago but was successful in other areas.

Seems like Lincoln Heritage and Adam Hale are the main deal according to Chicago Craigslist Ads :nah:

I would avoid LH & Adam Hale. Like, run the other direction. On the other hand, when I get in a home and see a LH policy.... I get the biggest grin on my face! Chicago and the surrounding counties are not bad at all from what I have seen. Also, JD is right, you are better off getting an idea from IMO's than lead companies. Their goal is to sell leads, therefore, all their leads are "good". Lol. An IMO is financially motivated to have you successful, and therefore may have better insight into good/bad zips.

Also, JD is right, you are better off getting an idea from IMO's than lead companies. Their goal is to sell leads, therefore, all their leads are "good". Lol. An IMO is financially motivated to have you successful, and therefore may have better insight into good/bad zips.

Depends on the lead company. Some will be honest, some won't. As for the honest ones, they have hundreds of thousands of return records to look at to give you an idea of a response rate for a particular zip code. Does an imo? At best, they'll be a middle man when it comes to lead questions. The lead company I deal with has never overstated returns or quality of lead piece, but plenty of others have every time. Likewise I'm sure there's plenty of imo's that will rip off an agent, and others will be fine.

Depends on the lead company. Some will be honest, some won't. As for the honest ones, they have hundreds of thousands of return records to look at to give you an idea of a response rate for a particular zip code. Does an imo? At best, they'll be a middle man when it comes to lead questions. The lead company I deal with has never overstated returns or quality of lead piece, but plenty of others have every time. Likewise I'm sure there's plenty of imo's that will rip off an agent, and others will be fine.

Interesting how way off you are on this subject of what is important, when it comes to mailing.

Returns are not nearly as important as having leads in the right zip codes!

Try mailing Naples Florida. You will get great returns and end up in front of the entirely wrong market. Never had a lead company tell me something like this and yet I know this to be a fact. A good lead company will only tell me about the returns and not if that area is any good for selling final expense.

This is where a good IMO comes in. A good IMO will go through the data and pull out the zip codes an agent wants to avoid, increasing the agent's chances for success before they even get the mail out. Most IMO's won't do this but I do it for each of my guys and gals.

FYI, call Chris at TLC. He has leads in Naples that he got stuck with after an agent did a fixed cost lead order. Had I been that agent's up line, I would have told her to avoid that area entirely as YES, there are tons of retirees but they are the type of people that have an actual planned retirement...

Interesting how way off you are on this subject of what is important, when it comes to mailing.

Returns are not nearly as important as having leads in the right zip codes!

Try mailing Naples Florida. You will get great returns and end up in front of the entirely wrong market. Never had a lead company tell me something like this and yet I know this to be a fact. A good lead company will only tell me about the returns and not if that area is any good for selling final expense.

This is where a good IMO comes in. A good IMO will go through the data and pull out the zip codes an agent wants to avoid, increasing the agent's chances for success before they even get the mail out. Most IMO's won't do this but I do it for each of my guys and gals.

FYI, call Chris at TLC. He has leads in Naples that he got stuck with after an agent did a fixed cost lead order. Had I been that agent's up line, I would have told her to avoid that area entirely as YES, there are tons of retirees but they are the type of people that have an actual planned retirement...

Naples has great returns? How do you end up in the wrong market? You have to filter for income, which I'd imagine would knock out most of affluent Naples. Chris would definitely give an accurate assessment of how many under 50/40k incomes there will be to target in that area and what to expect. The leads that do come back after the filter would be just as good as any other (what are their options?), just like there's the few people with plenty of liquid assets living in a low income area. But I'm pretty sure you sell fixed leads as party of your package so I know your opinion. :1cool:

Naples has great returns? How do you end up in the wrong market? You have to filter for income, which I'd imagine would knock out most of affluent Naples. Chris would definitely give an accurate assessment of how many under 50/40k incomes there will be to target in that area and what to expect. The leads that do come back after the filter would be just as good as any other (what are their options?), just like there's the few people with plenty of liquid assets living in a low income area. But I'm pretty sure you sell fixed leads as party of your package so I know your opinion. :1cool:

1. I don't sell fixed leads as part of our agent sales package but I do recommend being on a fixed cost lead program for any FE agent. Yes, our agents do have access to one of the best Fixed cost DM lead programs in the industry.

2. Naples has great returns compared to most markets in Florida. If you are working Naples, even after the filters, you are still doomed. There is specific data that some of us on this forum understand and consider, unfortunately most do not. I won't get into that here as again "it's something that I do for our agents, to increase their chances for success."

3. The leads that come back, after adding the filters in some areas, are definitely NOT as good as "any other" area. I use to think the way you think, then I changed my thinking, then my closing ratio shot way up and I wrote over $420,000 that year.

When you get your leads-get in touch w/me if you'd like some called on and pre-set Fish :)

As some of you know-I preset appointments from my home office part time while i continue to seek possibly getting licensed. I have been part of this great community for a few years now and always appreciate the great articles, feedback and comradery. Nothing else like this on the web.

Shout out here to those of you whom I know and have worked with before and if not-nice to meet you. When I have some free time that opens up-I generally offer my services out here to anyone who may need assistance in having their leads pre-set a few days each week.

I am currently available for dials once again on the weekends to book you a few full days and/or assist in filling your following week. This is prime time to catch folks at home as we know. I can also help you catch up on your older/aged leads as well.

Most of my experience in my past 10 years of doing this is in working FE/Medicare leads. I very much enjoy the senior crowd. I do this on a 100% commission basis as well-not hourly as a lot in my biz do. If we don't sit-we don't make.

If you would like to talk-you should be able to PM me or off line at mtgline at att dot net. Thank you for allowing me to post and continue to enjoy all the benefits this site has to offer.

Have a great day everyone

Any opinion of why Chicago/Illinois isn't discussed much? Is it not a good FE area? Not saying people aren't doing well, just curious why there isn't much representation here?

I read some threads where one agent mentioned having trouble in Chicago but was successful in other areas.

Seems like Lincoln Heritage and Adam Hale are the main deal according to Chicago Craigslist Ads :nah:

I believe that was Spur City who struggled there. I lived there once upon a time and the people are very friendly there, especially for such a large city. The demographics seem good for FE, as well. It would be interesting to get some insights from Spur, who by all accounts is a rock star FE guy, as to what his specific challenges were. Again, from afar, Chicago looks like very fertile ground.:confused:

Back