New Agent in Chicago/Illinois

Hi all,

Don't see much talk about Chicago area/Illinois on this forum for final expense. I've passed my licensing and am researching IMO's. Are any more preferable for someone in my location (Chicago area) Also, I don't really have an idea what location/zip codes to target so hoping for IMO that can give guidance.

Background. 43 years old. Self Starter, good overall sales experience, have worked commission only/1099 in past. Getting ready to take the leap. I'm willing to invest in leads and am coachable.

I'm likely going to join any one of the main IMO's that market here, I just want to see if one is more preferable to another based on my situation/location.

Thanks all

Fishy

I'm likely going to join any one of the main IMO's that market here, I just want to see if one is more preferable to another based on my situation/location.

Thanks all

Fishy

I totally agree that your best bet will be to find a local IMO however, there are none that I can think of in your area to recommend. As a new agent, there is nothing like having a local office to go into on a DAILY basis for training.

Hands down, that is the best option to push through the learning curve and get yourself up and running as soon as possible. You might want to consider working with a local agency, even if you can't get the street level contracts that some of us on here offer.

With all that being said, if you are actually a good self learner and have the ability to put aside several hours a day to study and learn everything from the products to the presentation, you can work with several of us.

For my out of state guys, we put them up for 2 days in a hotel so they can ride with yours truly and see how it's done in sunny Florida.

Here's your first lesson... a video that I just put up this morning on how to correctly set up the bank draft for our typical social security/fixed income clients!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Don't see much talk about Chicago area/Illinois on this forum for final expense. I've passed my licensing and am researching IMO's. Are any more preferable for someone in my location (Chicago area) Also, I don't really have an idea what location/zip codes to target so hoping for IMO that can give guidance.

Background. 43 years old. Self Starter, good overall sales experience, have worked commission only/1099 in past. Getting ready to take the leap. I'm willing to invest in leads and am coachable.

Thanks all

Fishy

I have some guys around the Chicago area that are doing good. You are doing your research which is important. Shoot me an email if you want to hear about what we have to offer. I'm going to also be up that way shortly, so we might could do some training up there :)

[email protected]

Hi all,

Thanks all

Fishy

FEX has a really good agent in the Chicago area. But I don't think he has downline agents. Or wants any.:yes:

When I first got started in FE; about 8 years ago. I heard there were some pretty heavy hitters from the Chicago area. Can't remember their names but I believe they came from the mortgage business, just as I did.

Hi all,

Thanks all

Fishy

Just roll with a few of em, not just one.
Also, good lead companies can help with zips better than imo's.

Any opinion of why Chicago/Illinois isn't discussed much? Is it not a good FE area? Not saying people aren't doing well, just curious why there isn't much representation here?

I read some threads where one agent mentioned having trouble in Chicago but was successful in other areas.

Seems like Lincoln Heritage and Adam Hale are the main deal according to Chicago Craigslist Ads :nah:

Any opinion of why Chicago/Illinois isn't discussed much? Is it not a good FE area? Not saying people aren't doing well, just curious why there isn't much representation here?

I read some threads where one agent mentioned having trouble in Chicago but was successful in other areas.

Seems like Lincoln Heritage and Adam Hale are the main deal according to Chicago Craigslist Ads :nah:

Most people on here are from the south and small midwestern cities....I wouldn't contract with anyone who hasn't worked Chicago themselves personally. I know people who sell in Chicago and they do fine but they were born there and know the people. You'll do fine.

Back