New Agent Tips..

Hendrix21

This thread is premised on my findings over the last year, hopefully it will help any newcomers on this thread.

This may be my third post total on this forum, but I read it often and find many useful bits of knowledge to help in my career as an FE agent. If you're a new agent or considering a career in FE, it might help. I'm not a top producer but I do make a good living and have a very stable work life balance. I have a lot to learn but I'll share with you the things that I have found helpful.

I'm contracted with Americo, Oxford, and 5 Star and RNA through FEX contracting. I have Settlers through a friend that brought me into the business and Mutual of Omaha through a different stranger. These companies fill all of the needs that I seem to have. Sure, you can have 12 companies but how are you going to keep track of them all? A beginning agent needs to keep it as simple as possible until he or she learns the business and develops a system.

Contracts:
If you've found this forum you can find companies to contract with at great commission levels. The competitive marketplace is alive and booming on this forum. I have no ties or affiliations with anyone, nor do I check my inbox for PM's on this site. However, when I purchase something on Amazon I usually try to give an adequate star rating so that karma doesn't bite me in the ass. FEX has been honest with me and they have a really good program to help new agents. Scott has always answered my calls and helps in a professional manner. They run a solid business and I enjoy working with them. They more than likely don't remember my name or know what type of car I drive, but I'm ok with that. They have been a very stand up service provider.

My settlers contract is at 105. FEX offers a 110. I could obtain a release from my current up-line and obtain the 110 but I like the guy I'm under and want to at least have a touch of loyalty. MOO is 120 and thats where I place the majority of my business and more than likely why I never post on this forum.... they are amendment crazy. Sure, I could probably get higher levels with some of my companies but at the end of the day I'm happy where I'm at and like staying loyal to those that helped me. I started with an 80% contract paying $22 per lead but I was still making a good living.

If you read too much into these forums as a beginner you will get lost in the marketing. Good contracts and renewals are important but at some point you have to just chill and stop thinking about contract commission levels.

Sales:
I could have a 150% contract and be broke. Activity is the name of the game in this job. You can cold call people on the phone...I could, I have, It works, but I hate it. I purchase leads from the lead connection. I use the E-64 to get higher returns. Just google "the lead connection" and call the 1-800 number. They are really good people and the prices per 1000 are directly proportional with the services rendered. You will find cheaper DM rates but you always get what you pay for.

Upon receiving the leads I call and set appointments or cold knock, I don't have a set system in place but both work and changing it helps to break up the monotony.

It's A Head Game:
No matter which method you use, the companies you sell, or how much you make per sale, you can be your own worst enemy. You are an insurance agent and people are going to tell you NO many more times than they are going to say yes. Who Cares? Get back in your car, play a song that gets your mode up and rock it out to the next one. At least you aren't punching a time card. It's a numbers game and you can't fix stupid people or poverty. Don't let the ones that say no change your mood and alter your ability to sale.

You Can't Be a Pushover:
Humans by nature don't want to talk about their own mortality and they will avoid it. People will frequently say no and want to put it off to a later date. You have to close them. Make them understand why today is an important time to take care of their final expenses. They aren't getting any healthier or younger and people often need a push to make the first step. As a FE agent, the greater you realize the uncertainty of life and time, the better you will be at relaying the message to your clients.

Work:
Work- activity in which one exerts strength or faculties to do or perform something.
This definition is simple; without work you will fail at anything. However, if you decide to work harder than others and stick with this job you will more than likely have greater financial success than your peers. It's not an easy career and you have to find your own way of leveling the ups and downs. No IMO, friend, or family member can do that for you. You just have to grit through the bad days and trust that the good days will be worth it. If anyone on this forum tells you it was all gravy, never listen to another word they say.

Ask Questions?
You will never learn a darn thing without asking questions. Never be ashamed or embarrassed to ask your up-line for help. I can promise you that they are more than willing to help someone thats trying to help themselves, because thats hard to find these days. Ask questions that are on your mind, no matter how silly they may sound. Everyone has to learn somewhere. Who cares about the guy that gets upset on this forum and tells you the question has been answered before? I'm sure someone will give you the answer you need.

Enjoy It:
Always remember to enjoy your job and don't stress about things too much. I've worked three days this week and made more than the majority of people will make in three weeks at a 9-5. I net about 8k a month in sales and I don't kill myself to get there. I could sell more, but I'm happy where I'm at. I'm 25, have a good income, my boss lets me drink beer, play golf, go fishing, and ride my mountain bike whenever I please.

Thanks for the tips.

1)How many leads are you purchasing on a weekly basis?

2) How many sales do you make every 10 leads?

Thanks,

Funguy

At first I was not going to read the post as it seemed longer than my attention span. Glad I did nice post. The best part was the last line.

Lee

This thread is premised on my findings over the last year, hopefully it will help any newcomers on this thread.

This may be my third post total on this forum, but I read it often and find many useful bits of knowledge to help in my career as an FE agent. If you're a new agent or considering a career in FE, it might help. I'm not a top producer but I do make a good living and have a very stable work life balance. I have a lot to learn but I'll share with you the things that I have found helpful.

I'm contracted with Americo, Oxford, and 5 Star and RNA through FEX contracting. I have Settlers through a friend that brought me into the business and Mutual of Omaha through a different stranger. These companies fill all of the needs that I seem to have. Sure, you can have 12 companies but how are you going to keep track of them all? A beginning agent needs to keep it as simple as possible until he or she learns the business and develops a system.

Contracts:
If you've found this forum you can find companies to contract with at great commission levels. The competitive marketplace is alive and booming on this forum. I have no ties or affiliations with anyone, nor do I check my inbox for PM's on this site. However, when I purchase something on Amazon I usually try to give an adequate star rating so that karma doesn't bite me in the ass. FEX has been honest with me and they have a really good program to help new agents. Scott has always answered my calls and helps in a professional manner. They run a solid business and I enjoy working with them. They more than likely don't remember my name or know what type of car I drive, but I'm ok with that. They have been a very stand up service provider.

My settlers contract is at 105. FEX offers a 110. I could obtain a release from my current up-line and obtain the 110 but I like the guy I'm under and want to at least have a touch of loyalty. MOO is 120 and thats where I place the majority of my business and more than likely why I never post on this forum.... they are amendment crazy. Sure, I could probably get higher levels with some of my companies but at the end of the day I'm happy where I'm at and like staying loyal to those that helped me. I started with an 80% contract paying $22 per lead but I was still making a good living.

If you read too much into these forums as a beginner you will get lost in the marketing. Good contracts and renewals are important but at some point you have to just chill and stop thinking about contract commission levels.

Sales:
I could have a 150% contract and be broke. Activity is the name of the game in this job. You can cold call people on the phone...I could, I have, It works, but I hate it. I purchase leads from the lead connection. I use the E-64 to get higher returns. Just google "the lead connection" and call the 1-800 number. They are really good people and the prices per 1000 are directly proportional with the services rendered. You will find cheaper DM rates but you always get what you pay for.

Upon receiving the leads I call and set appointments or cold knock, I don't have a set system in place but both work and changing it helps to break up the monotony.

It's A Head Game:
No matter which method you use, the companies you sell, or how much you make per sale, you can be your own worst enemy. You are an insurance agent and people are going to tell you NO many more times than they are going to say yes. Who Cares? Get back in your car, play a song that gets your mode up and rock it out to the next one. At least you aren't punching a time card. It's a numbers game and you can't fix stupid people or poverty. Don't let the ones that say no change your mood and alter your ability to sale.

You Can't Be a Pushover:
Humans by nature don't want to talk about their own mortality and they will avoid it. People will frequently say no and want to put it off to a later date. You have to close them. Make them understand why today is an important time to take care of their final expenses. They aren't getting any healthier or younger and people often need a push to make the first step. As a FE agent, the greater you realize the uncertainty of life and time, the better you will be at relaying the message to your clients.

Work:
Work- activity in which one exerts strength or faculties to do or perform something.
This definition is simple; without work you will fail at anything. However, if you decide to work harder than others and stick with this job you will more than likely have greater financial success than your peers. It's not an easy career and you have to find your own way of leveling the ups and downs. No IMO, friend, or family member can do that for you. You just have to grit through the bad days and trust that the good days will be worth it. If anyone on this forum tells you it was all gravy, never listen to another word they say.

Ask Questions?
You will never learn a darn thing without asking questions. Never be ashamed or embarrassed to ask your up-line for help. I can promise you that they are more than willing to help someone thats trying to help themselves, because thats hard to find these days. Ask questions that are on your mind, no matter how silly they may sound. Everyone has to learn somewhere. Who cares about the guy that gets upset on this forum and tells you the question has been answered before? I'm sure someone will give you the answer you need.

Enjoy It:
Always remember to enjoy your job and don't stress about things too much. I've worked three days this week and made more than the majority of people will make in three weeks at a 9-5. I net about 8k a month in sales and I don't kill myself to get there. I could sell more, but I'm happy where I'm at. I'm 25, have a good income, my boss lets me drink beer, play golf, go fishing, and ride my mountain bike whenever I please.

I'm in KY. I've been selling FE for a little over a year. I try to work at least 20 leads per week and my closing ratio is somewhere around 25%.

Back