New Business Tool - IPad or Laptop?

Hope this may help...

For my go to carrier; I keep 10 applications, replacement notices, buyers guides, etc placed into individual sales folders in my leather bag case. I have their simplified issue prices printed on cards (think of poker cards) bound together so I can fan the cards to a clients age. The cards have a range of 5K to 25K listed. Once I determine the client’s budget, I complete the application the old fashion way with an ink pen.

For other carriers, I use a Dell 2 in 1 laptop / tablet along with a Pixma portable printer (This printer is a tough machine that is FAST). The printer and lap top fit into my bag case. Being from the old school I use the laptop version. My “desktop” has folders for each of my niche companies where I keep applications and forms. Sometimes I fill the application on screen and print or if I am in an uncomfortable position (low couch for example) to type, I print the application and fill the forms out the old fashion way. I keep a crap load of ink cartridges in the car in case the printer runs out along with paper.

FWIW... filling out a paper app is faster that filling out a computer app form, I have timed it both ways.

Back