New Door-to-Door Flyer Campaign

I've read the posts here and I've seen all the pros and cons, but I am going to let you all know what my results are from a door-to-door campaign that started 2 Fridays ago.

Hired a lady to go door-to-door dropping off flyers for Final Expense.

She's put out around 600 or so thus far, which, from my previous experience doing same, should yield 4-6 sales.

I hear some folks I am with are having big success doing just the same, so we'll see what happens.

Will keep you updated.

I've read the posts here and I've seen all the pros and cons, but I am going to let you all know what my results are from a door-to-door campaign that started 2 Fridays ago.

She's put out around 600 or so thus far, which, from my previous experience doing same, should yield 4-6 sales.

I hear some folks I am with are having big success doing just the same, so we'll see what happens.

Will keep you updated.

Are you going back and door knocking the area? What are your cost to put out the 600?

Last edited:
600 not 6000.....these flyers are available for purchase by agents for $96 for 3000

I paid her $50 to get started, and will pay her $50 per sale I make, which on average is a $320 advance.

On average from previous results and experience, these campaigns have generated 1 sale per 100-150 or so.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And no, I am not going back door-knocking.

Last edited:
600 not 6000.....these flyers are available for purchase by agents for $96 for 3000

I paid her $50 to get started, and will pay her $50 per sale I make, which on average is a $320 advance.

On average from previous results and experience, these campaigns have generated 1 sale per 100-150 or so.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And no, I am not going back door-knocking.

Can you share where you bought them? I am looking for a mail stuffer.

Thanks

Will keep you updated.

I would entertain that idea if I could target seniors....like senior apt buildings, mobile homes, etc. But most of those places do not allow u to walk around passing out fliers (at least here in Socal), but if I could, I would do something like this. If anyone has an idea like this I could do here, let me know.

I would entertain that idea if I could target seniors....like senior apt buildings, mobile homes, etc. But most of those places do not allow u to walk around passing out fliers (at least here in Socal), but if I could, I would do something like this. If anyone has an idea like this I could do here, let me know.

Might be overthinking it a bit......

just pick out an area that would likely fit your demographic....older, established neighborhoods with lesser incomes, etc.....not necessary to confine yourself to just the areas you mentioned, which are indeed hard to get clearance to canvass.

Might be overthinking it a bit......

just pick out an area that would likely fit your demographic....older, established neighborhoods with lesser incomes, etc.....not necessary to confine yourself to just the areas you mentioned, which are indeed hard to get clearance to canvass.

Yes I know I can do that ^^^...but thats not time/cost effective for me....maybe in your area it is.

Yes I know I can do that ^^^...but thats not time/cost effective for me....maybe in your area it is.

It always seems to come back to direct mail. It seems everything else under the sun has been tried over and over again but just can't get the ROI of direct mail.

I wish there was a better, or even different, way. I had an idea once to put an insert into local newspapers. I was discussing this with Newby, {this was before I was with EFES}, and he showed me this very nice full color ad that he had put in the newspapers. It was exactly what was looking to do.

He said he only recovered his expenses on that deal. I didn't pursue it further. I can mail something to people's homes for less than 40 cents a piece if I wanted to do that on my own. It seems it would more than that per pice to print up a good quality peice and get it hung on every door and since it's a not a targeted market like the mail is then it even more of a shot in the dark.

I'm glad others are trying to reinvent the wheel because maybe just one of them will? I just don't want to be the scientist spending money to find out.

It always seems to come back to direct mail. It seems everything else under the sun has been tried over and over again but just can't get the ROI of direct mail.

I wish there was a better, or even different, way. I had an idea once to put an insert into local newspapers. I was discussing this with Newby, {this was before I was with EFES}, and he showed me this very nice full color ad that he had put in the newspapers. It was exactly what was looking to do.

He said he only recovered his expenses on that deal. I didn't pursue it further. I can mail something to people's homes for less than 40 cents a piece if I wanted to do that on my own. It seems it would more than that per pice to print up a good quality peice and get it hung on every door and since it's a not a targeted market like the mail is then it even more of a shot in the dark.

I'm glad others are trying to reinvent the wheel because maybe just one of them will? I just don't want to be the scientist spending money to find out.

I agree. mail seems the most consistent over time...but Im always open to new ideas if possible. But like u, I dont wanna be the guinea pig....who knows, 1 day DM may not work well, gotta know other avenues!!

I know if I could put this guy's idea & target more senior concentrated areas, I would do it in a heart beat....problem is Im in a lot of mobile home parks, u cant just go hanging solicitations on their doors. An I can see why, u know how much fliers & stuff seniors would get for FE, Rev mort, Med Supps, MA plans, drug cards, etc??

But 1 day, like u said, maybe someone here will come up with something else & give others another way to gather leads!

Back