New to EFES, Question About Leads

jwill13

Expert
Hey everyone. This is my first post here, just had a question for anyone that can answer. I am new to Equita selling final expense, I sent my first set of leads out about 2 months ago. My leads have been coming in VERY slowly, I was promised 15 leads a week. Just today I received my second set of 15 leads, only after I whined and complained. I'm starting to not to buy into their whole "we can't give you the leads until clients mail them back" story, for two reasons.

One reason is because both times I have called to complain about not receiving my leads, I suddenly receive the leads within an hour. Also, out of the 30 leads I have called, probably about half don't remember sending in the card. I figured that might just be because they don't have great memory. But then I talked to one guy who has moved since mailing in the card. And I talked to a lady that said "yeah I remember filling that out but I have since found other insurance because I never heard back from you guys" I asked her long it had been since she sent it in and she said at least 2 months!!! What the heck?? So that is a problem I'm having...not to mention one of my leads the client didn't even speak any English....Has anyone else had similar issues with EFES?

I am seriously considering going through Mainstreet Powermail or some other lead source. After all, my commission goes up 20 percent if I don't use their lead generator. I feel like they are not being honest about the quality and freshness of these leads. What should I do?

I worked with EFES so let me give you my experience.

It took about 8 weeks before I was getting what I requested (15-20 leads).

I was receiving between 8-12 leads a week on average before they really stepped up to the plate and delivered on what I requested.

But I still had continuous lead flow consistency problems as detailed in my "My 1st Month with Equita/EFES" thread, which is ultimately the reason why I left.

You and I aren't alone in this problem; I've talked to other EFES agents and they're experiencing the same problem, 3 months-plus in from the first drop. That's simply unacceptable.

My recommendation is that you consider an alternate lead source route. I work for Securus now and have received my 25-30 leads on time without fuss for the 6 weeks I've been with them (I know -- not enough time to make a sincere analysis). Or you can try out a lead house like Main Street Power Mail, the Lead Connection, or investigate Monumental's subsidized lead-generation program, which Todd King has access to.

With either method you will have to foot several thousand dollars; Securus will be the least expensive route, with Monumental's and the lead houses being the most expensive route. However, if you feel you need training, an FMO like Securus or Todd's is the best route to ensure your long-term success.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

Best,
Dave

Not really. Seniors mail off cards all the time, and are going to be bombarded by other agents and offers.

Most stuff gets replaced because, not just because of higher prices, but because the agent sucks for some reason or another.

The real edge needed is not to focus exclusively on price, but to show these people you actually care about them more than their money. That's how you keep policies from getting axed by other agents.

I will come clean on here, I have been contemplating going with EFES, because of the lead program. The fact that Securus resells the leads doesn't sit well with me. I have long ties with Todd and he has offered the Monumental Lead program, but I am just torn on which route to go...
1. EFES with trickling leads and lower contracts,
2. Securus with reselling leads and higher lead costs,
3. Todd, Monumental Leads (do I have to sell Monumental, I forget) but find out what the mailing % is in my area (Northern Ohio Lorain County)....

I have to figure out what to do fast! Any pointers would be awesome.

Mainly, I am tired of health, and the half commissions so I wanted to get into FE and cross-sell MA at the end of the year...

Last edited:
I will come clean on here, I have been contemplating going with EFES, because of the lead program. The fact that Securus resells the leads doesn't sit well with me. I have long ties with Todd and he has offered the Monumental Lead program, but I am just torn on which route to go...
1. EFES with trickling leads and lower contracts,
2. Securus with reselling leads and higher lead costs,
3. Todd, Monumental Leads (do I have to sell Monumental, I forget) but find out what the mailing % is in my area (Northern Ohio Lorain County)....

I have to figure out what to do fast! Any pointers would be awesome.

There are agents who are winners in each of those 3 programs. Just pick one and see if you too are a winner.

Hey everyone. This is my first post here, just had a question for anyone that can answer. I am new to Equita selling final expense, I sent my first set of leads out about 2 months ago. My leads have been coming in VERY slowly, I was promised 15 leads a week. Just today I received my second set of 15 leads, only after I whined and complained. I'm starting to not to buy into their whole "we can't give you the leads until clients mail them back" story, for two reasons.

One reason is because both times I have called to complain about not receiving my leads, I suddenly receive the leads within an hour. Also, out of the 30 leads I have called, probably about half don't remember sending in the card. I figured that might just be because they don't have great memory. But then I talked to one guy who has moved since mailing in the card. And I talked to a lady that said "yeah I remember filling that out but I have since found other insurance because I never heard back from you guys" I asked her long it had been since she sent it in and she said at least 2 months!!! What the heck?? So that is a problem I'm having...not to mention one of my leads the client didn't even speak any English....Has anyone else had similar issues with EFES?

I am seriously considering going through Mainstreet Powermail or some other lead source. After all, my commission goes up 20 percent if I don't use their lead generator. I feel like they are not being honest about the quality and freshness of these leads. What should I do?

If you can get a better return doing mailers yourself that is certainly the way to go.

I would think that Michigan is still pretty good on returns. It sure used to be.

It taks a while for EFES to learn an area if the agent is new there. They also need to see some production from the agent in order to just send out thousands of mailers. It also has a lot to do with your manager. Mine will tell EFES to mail more for that agent if the returns are not coming. in. I don't know how every manager works.

As far as people remembering the cards, most won't. Even if they sent them in last week, they will tell you they don't remember. I've workded leads for 9 years from just about every source known to man. I've had voice recorded leads where they said they didn't do the recording and I can play it for them and it's obvious that it's the same person and they will say it's not them and they don't know where that person got the info.

The best leads I ever worked were NAA leads. The second best is EFES leads.

After you get going with EFES and they learn your area and you and know that you will produce, the leads come in like clockwork with no issues. That learning curve for me was about 6 months. Since then I've gotten at least 15 leads every Sat. that I've wanted them for 3 years. Sometimes I pause my leads when I'm going out of town or just have too much inventory.

I've gotten more than my order the last two Saturdays. My standing order is 15. The last two weeks I've gotten 19. They don't just send extras. They do ask. They have just had extra in two counties I don't work often and asked if I wanted all of them. I took them because I may be back there for a few months.

I work with what I think is the best group within the EFES system. I don't of anyone in our group that doesn't get theor leads. 'm talking about the regular producers. new people do have the learning curve. We have a call every Friday and sometimes one of the good producers will say they haven't been getting all their leads. travis will immediately have extra mail dropped for them. Within a week or two they are saying they back on schedule.

This is a major reason that I do not recruit. Most agents will not make it. In the EFES system or anywhere else. They either will not put in the work or they will not accept training.

I don't know if you are in either of those groups as I don't anything about you or which group you are with at EFES. But, if I had wanted to complian about how things were going at EFES after my first 3 to 6 months there I sure could have.

There is no magic bullet for selling FE. If there is a secret it's that there is no secret.

I will say this, don't work anywhere that you think you are getting a raw deal. Even if you are not getting a raw deal theinking that you are is a spirit killer and not worth it.

Sorry but it's more complicated than that. EFES will vary your lead flow at critical points yet you ALWAYS have to pony up the buck for the leads. You can write a **** ton of business and a certain turd who works there will suddenly get tight sphincter syndrome and drop your mailing so you have trouble writing business because of a sudden drop in leads. Guess what? Your lead bill STILL comes rolling in.... also people pretend like chargebacks are ALWAYS the agent's fault? That's bullshit. You can UNDERSELL like crazy and still get multiple chargebacks which will ALSO undermine your ability to make it.

Just the facts ma'am! (Joe Friday)

Sorry but it's more complicated than that. EFES will vary your lead flow at critical points yet you ALWAYS have to pony up the buck for the leads. You can write a **** ton of business and a certain turd who works there will suddenly get tight sphincter syndrome and drop your mailing so you have trouble writing business because of a sudden drop in leads. Guess what? Your lead bill STILL comes rolling in.... also people pretend like chargebacks are ALWAYS the agent's fault? That's bullshit. You can UNDERSELL like crazy and still get multiple chargebacks which will ALSO undermine your ability to make it.

Just the facts ma'am! (Joe Friday)

That's simply not the case. If you didn't get leads the lead bill doesn't come. You pay for your leads 10 days after you get them. There is no way to have a lead bill after 10 days if you didn't get leads.

EFES will not vary the lead flow for producers. Why would they? That would shooting themselves in the foot. They always want me to take more leads. They have been trying for over three years to get me to raise my weekly ask to 20 leads from 15.

Why would I not have trouble getting leads in one of the worst return areas of the country and others have trouble. Why does Travis not have lead troubles or any of the top producers? Why did Tim Winders not have trouble when he was with EFES?

No way EFES would intentionally slow the flow of leads to a producer.

That was a good movie!! Man Tom Hanks really did away with his funny wacky character (I know that was Dan Akroyd you quoted, just sayin)....

Yeah, if the bill still comes in without the leads, is there a built up amount of leads that are due to you, I don't think an average agent can continue to pay for 3 months without getting their fair share of leads owed, to only have a built up number of leads owed to them that they are waiting for.

JD, you are one of the lucky ones that has access to Travis, but if you have another manager, one thats new, that option isn't open to them, I would assume.

JD you said in a thread somewhere that your DONE with Monumental...why?

Latest posts

Back