New to FE Seeking Advice

JimmehBone

Expert
Hey guys, been awhile since I posted last. I posted this from my phone... There will be typos if not already. I used to work for NYL. Got some good training and product knowledge but only sat on two appointments despite a valiant prospecting attempt. I am a young man, 22 years old but I present myself well, own a separate business and am used to talking in a mature/professional manner.

Since NYL I have found a brokerage that specializes in Final Expense. This is my first week in the field. The company promises a steady flow of leads. About 20 a week for now while I'm starting off. Out of my first batch of leads I was able to set 4 apts, 3 of which were today. Out of these 3 I only had 2 sits. Both potential clients decided that the coverage was to expensive. I can't help but think I missed something in proving the policies value. I felt comfortable with objections, tried to "disturb" and bring up "what happens if tmrw..." I mentioned the free look period when I got "I'll think about it" but in the end they both said it was to expensive and there was nothing I could say to get the app.

On top of this, many contacts on the phone, people ask for the quote, want me to mail in a brochure, and for whatever reason do not want me to stop by. So far on my second batch of leads I set only two apts, one seems promising. (Most people haven't answered/didn't put down a number)

Sorry for the jk Rowling novel, but just trying to get the best advice. To get to the point some of my questions are. Out of 20 (direct mail) leads how many sits should I expect? What do I tell people that want quotes on the call or a brochure in the mail? ( I have a response but some people are persistent, normal or my approach?) Do a lot of seniors end up saying it's to expensive? These quotes were only 50-75 a month.

It seems to me out of the people I've talked to they are expecting 20k+ coverage for like 20 bucks a month, do you guys (and gals) run into this as well?

Thanks in advance for any advice, I was on here before and got a lot of great help. Maybe one day I'll be a big hitter and can return the favor to the insurance noobs.

I'm contracted with 5 star, Americo, Foresters, and TransAmerica. Depending on the health issues or if they don't have a checking account I quote different companies. Today both quotes were TransAmerica.

Hey guys, been awhile since I posted last. I posted this from my phone... There will be typos if not already. I used to work for NYL. Got some good training and product knowledge but only sat on two appointments despite a valiant prospecting attempt. I am a young man, 22 years old but I present myself well, own a separate business and am used to talking in a mature/professional manner.

Since NYL I have found a brokerage that specializes in Final Expense. This is my first week in the field. The company promises a steady flow of leads. About 20 a week for now while I'm starting off. Out of my first batch of leads I was able to set 4 apts, 3 of which were today. Out of these 3 I only had 2 sits. Both potential clients decided that the coverage was to expensive. I can't help but think I missed something in proving the policies value. I felt comfortable with objections, tried to "disturb" and bring up "what happens if tmrw..." I mentioned the free look period when I got "I'll think about it" but in the end they both said it was to expensive and there was nothing I could say to get the app.

On top of this, many contacts on the phone, people ask for the quote, want me to mail in a brochure, and for whatever reason do not want me to stop by. So far on my second batch of leads I set only two apts, one seems promising. (Most people haven't answered/didn't put down a number)

Sorry for the jk Rowling novel, but just trying to get the best advice. To get to the point some of my questions are. Out of 20 (direct mail) leads how many sits should I expect? What do I tell people that want quotes on the call or a brochure in the mail? ( I have a response but some people are persistent, normal or my approach?) Do a lot of seniors end up saying it's to expensive? These quotes were only 50-75 a month.

It seems to me out of the people I've talked to they are expecting 20k+ coverage for like 20 bucks a month, do you guys (and gals) run into this as well?

Thanks in advance for any advice, I was on here before and got a lot of great help. Maybe one day I'll be a big hitter and can return the favor to the insurance noobs.

Are the leads brand new or old? Ages 60-80 or older/younger? Not too affluent but have checking accounts and not completely impoverished? It all affects your appointments and sales.

If you have 20-leads for ages 60-80, $10,000-$50,000 income, physical addresses, you should be able to set 10-appointments (door knock the other 10) and should be able to sell 4 to 6 policies. You have competitive companies.

Make sure you are getting good training on how to work the leads. And make sure you are working good leads to start with. Too rich, too young, or no address = hard to sell.

Thanks for the reply, these leads are brand new. Ages 55-80. Income of 20k-55k a year. We have more training sessions planned. My major obstacle so far is people not answering at all. Of the 40 leads I have I'd say 20 of then don't at least 20 of them won't answer. The people that do answer and won't make an apt say they want a quote over the phone or want something sent in the mail.

If you didnt go over the term vs Whole life dimension, I would say there's a good chance there's your problem. These leads have been bombarded with mailers from AARP, AAA, Globe Life, Physicians Life, etc...all term products that start off cheap. So in seeing your prices vs what they remember seeing in the mail you are going to seem high. You MUST overcome this objection prior to going into any pricing by explaining term (renting insurance) vs WL (owning insurance).

Or they just didnt like nor trust u & if thats the case, move on plenty will!

It's part of our presentation to bring up term/whole life and even talk about AARP as an example. I guess I just got to move on like you said and look forward to these next 3.

Door knock the quote requesters and ask if they have a few minutes to go overt he quotes they requested after they sent in the card request.

Hey guys, been awhile since I posted last. I posted this from my phone... There will be typos if not already. I used to work for NYL. Got some good training and product knowledge but only sat on two appointments despite a valiant prospecting attempt. I am a young man, 22 years old but I present myself well, own a separate business and am used to talking in a mature/professional manner. Since NYL I have found a brokerage that specializes in Final Expense. This is my first week in the field. The company promises a steady flow of leads. About 20 a week for now while I'm starting off. Out of my first batch of leads I was able to set 4 apts, 3 of which were today. Out of these 3 I only had 2 sits. Both potential clients decided that the coverage was to expensive. I can't help but think I missed something in proving the policies value. I felt comfortable with objections, tried to "disturb" and bring up "what happens if tmrw..." I mentioned the free look period when I got "I'll think about it" but in the end they both said it was to expensive and there was nothing I could say to get the app. On top of this, many contacts on the phone, people ask for the quote, want me to mail in a brochure, and for whatever reason do not want me to stop by. So far on my second batch of leads I set only two apts, one seems promising. (Most people haven't answered/didn't put down a number) Sorry for the jk Rowling novel, but just trying to get the best advice. To get to the point some of my questions are. Out of 20 (direct mail) leads how many sits should I expect? What do I tell people that want quotes on the call or a brochure in the mail? ( I have a response but some people are persistent, normal or my approach?) Do a lot of seniors end up saying it's to expensive? These quotes were only 50-75 a month. It seems to me out of the people I've talked to they are expecting 20k+ coverage for like 20 bucks a month, do you guys (and gals) run into this as well? Thanks in advance for any advice, I was on here before and got a lot of great help. Maybe one day I'll be a big hitter and can return the favor to the insurance noobs.

Why do you call (phone) to set up appointments with direct mail prospects? They reply with a mailer, just go and see them.

"Hi, you must be....... My name is ...... and I represent ...... I'm visiting you today because you mailed this card to my office, and the company asked me to stop by and drop off that info, may I step inside?"

It will get you in the house 99% of the times.

It's easier to say NO over the phone than face to face. Give a chance to get to know you and the service you provide.

Good luck!

Back