New to Final Expense with a Question.

Wasabi

I've decided to pursue Final Expense as my primary business and considering getting involved with Equita. My question is, are there any other groups that operate like Equita and focus on Final Expense? I'd like to explore all my options before I make a commitment. Who would be Equita's biggest competitor? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
I've decided to pursue Final Expense as my primary business and considering getting involved with Equita. My question is, are there any other groups that operate like Equita and focus on Final Expense? I'd like to explore all my options before I make a commitment. Who would be Equita's biggest competitor? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Equita is a good place to start ... I started there. It didn't work out for me financially, but I made a ton of sales and it got my foot into the door.

There are other companies too ... some I hear that are better.

However, there is no reason you can't be independent ... really! It's not hard. It's a very simple system and there is no reason to give away a huge chunk of your commission to a company just because they teach you a sales presentation and give you leads every week.

You need that extra commission ... that is your profit ... otherwise, you will find yourself broke.

Even though you want your primary business to be FE don't overlook at least having Med Supp apps with you. You will most likely run into a lot of people who are on Medicare.

All seniors want to save money, when you can help them save money with their Med Supps it is fairly easy to suggest to them that they reinvest that savings in a FE policy.

Thanks for all the feedback! I would rather take the independent route but a little bit of mentoring in the beginning would be helpful, thats why I have been considering Equita. I'm very strong in sales but new to FE. Once I get the basics down, that's all I will really need. Thanks again and any additional insight is appreciated.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For those of you who sent me a private message, I appreciate your interest! I tried responding to the PM's and the system will not allow me to PM someone back until I have 20 posts. If you're comfortable doing so, please PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call on Monday. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback! I would rather take the independent route but a little bit of mentoring in the beginning would be helpful, thats why I have been considering Equita. I'm very strong in sales but new to FE. Once I get the basics down, that's all I will really need. Thanks again and any additional insight is appreciated.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For those of you who sent me a private message, I appreciate your interest! I tried responding to the PM's and the system will not allow me to PM someone back until I have 20 posts. If you're comfortable doing so, please PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call on Monday. Thanks again.

yeah, you are on track ... just be independent and learn the basics without giving away your commission ... your on it! good luck. jody

Back