New Guaranteed Issue Product From AIG

There are some cases that the premiums are very close. That's why the FEX Quoter is so handy. Any monies earned from GI business I call "Pennies from Heaven".

If it is within a couple bucks take the 20% higher commission.

Travis

What I mean is, if you run across a GI plan six months in-force that cannot be replaced with our normal repertoire with first-day coverage that's 50% higher in premium compared to what we can offer.

I remember Bash making reference to his Gerber persistency being high. My Vantis persistency has been excellent as well, long after I stopped writing it.

But both were low priced and not nearly as subject to price competition, as say this AIG product.

I wonder if pricing really matters all that much beyond a certain point as being a replacement risk?

What I mean is, if you run across a GI plan six months in-force that cannot be replaced with our normal repertoire with first-day coverage that's 50% higher in premium compared to what we can offer.

I remember Bash making reference to his Gerber persistency being high. My Vantis persistency has been excellent as well, long after I stopped writing it.

But both were low priced and not nearly as subject to price competition, as say this AIG product.

I wonder if pricing really matters all that much beyond a certain point as being a replacement risk?

Remember, the next agent has to find them before he can replace them.. Unless the clients are serial mailers that is not likely to happen all that often.

Last edited:
What I mean is, if you run across a GI plan six months in-force that cannot be replaced with our normal repertoire with first-day coverage that's 50% higher in premium compared to what we can offer. I remember Bash making reference to his Gerber persistency being high. My Vantis persistency has been excellent as well, long after I stopped writing it. But both were low priced and not nearly as subject to price competition, as say this AIG product. I wonder if pricing really matters all that much beyond a certain point as being a replacement risk?

One other thing to consider is would replacing it be worth it for the agent. Let's say you write an AIG for 40 and I come in 4 months later and can get them Gerber for 30, would it be worth it? Spending 30 minutes to make 15 or so per month as earned.

So like Rouse said, they would have to find your client first. Then they would have to just really want to make a sale. Then they would also have to be carrying Gerber.

Now I don't agree at all with out of this world products like Kemper or Americo UP3

For great contracts, leads, support and training contact [email protected]

One other thing to consider is would replacing it be worth it for the agent. Let's say you write an AIG for 40 and I come in 4 months later and can get them Gerber for 30, would it be worth it? Spending 30 minutes to make 15 or so per month as earned.

So like Rouse said, they would have to find your client first. Then they would have to just really want to make a sale. Then they would also have to be carrying Gerber.

Now I don't agree at all with out of this world products like Kemper or Americo UP3

For great contracts, leads, support and training contact [email protected]

That. My GI is super sticky.

AIG beats Gerber's pricing at certain ages. It's not priced too badly. See the attached for a comparison.

View attachment GIWL Market Opportunities Deck.pdf

Back