New York State Final Expense

TDSmythe73

I'm independent.
Got hooked up w a Final Expense company.

Said 35-40 FREE leads a week. Well those leads are 4-5 yrs old and now they say i have to pay for new ones.

Is this normal???

I'm independent.

Said 35-40 FREE leads a week. Well those leads are 4-5 yrs old and now they say i have to pay for new ones.

Is this normal???

Yep! That's free leads.

If you get an offer for $3 leads that means 2-years old and been run by at least 6-agents.

I'm independent.

Is this normal???

Sounds like the old " Bait and Switch" to me. Car saleman do it all the time. They get you to show up with an ad that shows a great deal on a car, and when you get there they tell you it just sold and now they want to show you something else.

You have to read the small print sometimes. Did you really think they would give you 35 to 40 free leads a week that were good leads?

I would find another company to work with.

I'm independent.

Is this normal???

I would bet you a shinny nickel the company you got contracted with is out of Bloomfield, NJ! Whether it's them or not, here's my opinion:
-Don't buy any leads from them, you can do that on your own.
-Odds are you're not even getting a good commission on it, if you're going to pay for the leads yourself anyway then why bother doing business with them? Unless the training and support your getting is really worth something.
-A lead is a lead is a lead. I got a stack of leads that were 10-15 years old and ended up writing 6 grand in premium on them in two weeks. If it's a lead that has been called and worked to death, sure it's a bad lead, but age doesn't matter as much as how hard it's been worked.

As a point of reference, I could give out a 70% FE contract and if the agent was paying for their own leads and didn't need support I'd still be getting a great override. If you want to get contract with myself or just about anyone else on here you'd probably be getting a better cut. Feel free to e-mail me if you want to get into more details about this.

Hope this helps!

I would bet you a shinny nickel the company you got contracted with is out of Bloomfield, NJ! Whether it's them or not, here's my opinion:
-Don't buy any leads from them, you can do that on your own.
-Odds are you're not even getting a good commission on it, if you're going to pay for the leads yourself anyway then why bother doing business with them? Unless the training and support your getting is really worth something.
-A lead is a lead is a lead. I got a stack of leads that were 10-15 years old and ended up writing 6 grand in premium on them in two weeks. If it's a lead that has been called and worked to death, sure it's a bad lead, but age doesn't matter as much as how hard it's been worked.

As a point of reference, I could give out a 70% FE contract and if the agent was paying for their own leads and didn't need support I'd still be getting a great override. If you want to get contract with myself or just about anyone else on here you'd probably be getting a better cut. Feel free to e-mail me if you want to get into more details about this.

Hope this helps!

I plead the 5th

I am just getting started in this ....
I was told NOTHING about "reworks" ...I was told about the New Leads in Rochester, NY and I would be the first agent there.

So they hand me a stack of "Reworks" from 2004 and as I'm filling out my contract, there's a sheet w/ the Lead pricing. I have to pay for new leads??? After I sell some reworks, the cost per lead goes down.

They pay out 50% of the ALP and advance 50-75% depending on the company.

So let me guess ... they are skimming off the top.

I really have NO clue and I have worked for NILICO and did get FREE Qualified, Brand New, Mint Condition leads before and did very well with them. So FREE leads wasn't a "catch" to me.

I plead the 5th

I am just getting started in this ....
I was told NOTHING about "reworks" ...I was told about the New Leads in Rochester, NY and I would be the first agent there.

So they hand me a stack of "Reworks" from 2004 and as I'm filling out my contract, there's a sheet w/ the Lead pricing. I have to pay for new leads??? After I sell some reworks, the cost per lead goes down.

They pay out 50% of the ALP and advance 50-75% depending on the company.

So let me guess ... they are skimming off the top.

I really have NO clue and I have worked for NILICO and did get FREE Qualified, Brand New, Mint Condition leads before and did very well with them. So FREE leads wasn't a "catch" to me.

Drop them fast. Look up Hoosier Daddy on the forum and start over. He'll get you up to speed with a MUCH better deal and better leads.

I worked for these Bloomfield guys before.

Same deal...old ass leads.. 50% comm with 75% advance.

New leads..means 6 months old or so..price depends on production.

I got contracts with the carriers directly...doubled my commissions, bought my own leads and controlled my time.

Dump them fast.

Back