Nitroglycerine

Does anyone issue 1st day coverage for someone on nitro ?

Taking nitro is gonna be almost impossible to get level coverage for.

Prescribed nitro but not taking is another matter. Some companies, like RNA will decline if filled in the last 2 years even if they have never taken it.

I've been told that Foresters is OK with a nitro Rx as long as not taking it. I haven't tested them on it.

Trinity has said that they are OK with a nitro Rx if it's just for precaution. I haven't tested them on it but I will.

Prescribed nitro but not taking is another matter. Some companies, like RNA will decline if filled in the last 2 years even if they have never taken it.

I've been told that Foresters is OK with a nitro Rx as long as not taking it. I haven't tested them on it.

Trinity has said that they are OK with a nitro Rx if it's just for precaution. I haven't tested them on it but I will.

There is another one...can't think of the name of the company...depending on what it is diagnosed for.

Mary, the head underwriter at Trinity was gonna put my Nitro prescribed client as graded when I called her yesterday to prescreen my client before I did the PHI. Client had Nitro just as a precaution (OR SO SHE SAYS).

Mary, the head underwriter at Trinity was gonna put my Nitro prescribed client as graded when I called her yesterday to prescreen my client before I did the PHI. Client had Nitro just as a precaution (OR SO SHE SAYS).

Maybe you are with the wrong IMO??:laugh:

Just kidding. Alvin with Trinity told us in Indy last week that a precautionary Rx of nitro would not trigger a decline or graded.

As I said, I have not tested that statement.

Maybe you are with the wrong IMO??:laugh:

Just kidding. Alvin with Trinity told us in Indy last week that a precautionary Rx of nitro would not trigger a decline or graded.

As I said, I have not tested that statement.

I love Al! He flew to Houston, treated us to dinner, and spoke to our troops. I'll see him again on the Mediterranean cruise. Don't find em better than him in this business!!!

BUT Mary, makes those kinda decisions unfortunately. Seems like Mary and Al aren't on the same page on this one.

Below is straight from the Trinity RX cheat sheet...

Question: 16 & 21 Nitroglycerine is automatic GRADED.

Last edited:
Does anyone issue 1st day coverage for someone on nitro ?

United Heritage will take nitro prescribed as level, as long as the Proposed Insured has not actually used the nitro in the last 2 years. The underwriter will look at the prescription-fill history to determine whether or not the PI is filling it to keep it from expiring, or filling it because he uses it regularly.

However, Transamerica will take nitro as Preferred, as long as the cardiac event causing the need of the nitro occurred more than 2 years ago.

I thought Nitro was the only reason to have AmCon ;).

United Heritage will take nitro prescribed as level, as long as the Proposed Insured has not actually used the nitro in the last 2 years. The underwriter will look at the prescription-fill history to determine whether or not the PI is filling it to keep it from expiring, or filling it because he uses it regularly.

However, Transamerica will take nitro as Preferred, as long as the cardiac event causing the need of the nitro occurred more than 2 years ago.

When I said someone on nitro,I'm talking about a guy that's walking around huffing and puffing with it in his shirt pocket. When you ask him during fact finding if he's ever had any heart trouble he pulls out the bottle and proudly shows you that little teeny bottle it comes in.

Back