No Bank Info............................

Bank of America
TD Bank
local neighborhood banks and FCU's will generally give out info. I don't dance around on the phone with the bank as to not make them suspicious. "I'm Ms. Prospects Life Insurance agent, she is here can verify herself and we just need banking info to set up a draft."

I have 2 debit card cases with GW, generally a bad idea. I've also taken people to the bank on 1-2 occasions to get there info.

Seems to be a regional thing, but around here the bank statements always have the full account number.

With the onslaught of Obamaphones, many folks actually have online checking. You can click on the account and look at a past statement to get the account number.

Or they will have a handwritten card filled out by the bank with their acct/routing number.

I've been known to write net spend with the Gerber and let the people at least have a chance. It doesn't charge back and Gerber doesn't care about persistency to my knowledge so what's the harm in trying.

I tell the folks before I even consider it that it's the only option and they have to be responsible with monitoring a set date and if they waiver on it the shows over but if they give me a firm answer I'll give them a try with Gerber.

Columbian has a form that the client signs and you take to the bank to verify the account. Make yourself a similar generic one to use.

That's a good idea. Would they give you the account number then? However, it wouldn't have helped me on the phone app I was trying to do. She said she'd go to the bank & get it. We set an appointment to do the phone interview after (IF) she gets the info.

That's a good idea. Would they give you the account number then? However, it wouldn't have helped me on the phone app I was trying to do. She said she'd go to the bank & get it. We set an appointment to do the phone interview after (IF) she gets the info.
No reason why they shouldn't give you the account number. The client has requested it in writing. I haven't had any problems when using it but then I am in a more or less rural area.

What do you guys do when the client doesn't have checks and only uses a debit card, and doesn't know their account number? I used to call customer service and get them to give the client their account number, but lately the banks are refusing to give that info over the phone.
Are there any companies that accept a VISA or MasterCard without it being Direct Express?

My experience has been much better at getting the account number when calling the LOCAL branch directly, and NOT the 800 number...

If I ever did business with a bank that wouldn't give me my account number any time I needed it, I would soon be doing business with a bank that gives me my account number any time I need it.

I've never heard of such a thing.

Banks charge too much to give crap customer service.

Back