No Bank Info............................

shonceman

Guru
1000 Post Club
What do you guys do when the client doesn't have checks and only uses a debit card, and doesn't know their account number? I used to call customer service and get them to give the client their account number, but lately the banks are refusing to give that info over the phone.
Are there any companies that accept a VISA or MasterCard without it being Direct Express?

Security National, although they use a different modal factor. Assurity on their e-app, no pre-paid cards of any type.

Tell them to grab their monthly bank statement.

Or ask if they have their starter checks lying around somewhere.

That's my normal response. But I'm getting more and more people who never had starter checks, and some banks (mine included) don't put the whole account number on the statement anymore.

----------

Trinity/Family Benefit is one

Thanks, Matt. I'll check them out.

----------

Security National, although they use a different modal factor. Assurity on their e-app, no pre-paid cards of any type.
Thanks. I thought for some reason SNL only took DE cards, otherwise they need account & routing numbers. Not so?

That's my normal response. But I'm getting more and more people who never had starter checks, and some banks (mine included) don't put the whole account number on the statement anymore.

----------

Thanks, Matt. I'll check them out.

----------

Thanks. I thought for some reason SNL only took DE cards, otherwise they need account & routing numbers. Not so?

SNL takes all debit/credit cards. As does Trinity/FBL.

As for finding the account number, I will do whatever to get it on the write. Calling the bank, finding the bank statement, member card or whatever.

Failing that I don't write it. Experience has taught me that the person that can't locate their account number is an ongoing problem. I cut the ties early now.

Columbian has a form that the client signs and you take to the bank to verify the account. Make yourself a similar generic one to use.

I find some small local banks will give the account # over the phone to the client.Many Fe clients don't have checks but they do have a card with their account # written down.But overall outside direct express i'm not interested in credit card business especially pre paid cards as persistency is terrible.

I found even the larger banks will typically give the account number if the person will identify themselves and provide the debit card number.

I find some small local banks will give the account # over the phone to the client.Many Fe clients don't have checks but they do have a card with their account # written down.But overall outside direct express i'm not interested in credit card business especially pre paid cards as persistency is terrible.

I agree. As a rule I'm not writing credit card business. Or any debit card other than DE. Like Netspend, Green Dot, etc.

Even though some of those cards you can get a routing number and account number and sometimes they will draft.

I'm not doing them even with that routing number and account number.

Back