North American Senior Benefits

NO ONE is stuck in their %. They can move up based on production, so that's on them. I've had 120% contracts in the past BUT % shouldn't be the only factor. Over my years I have seen MANY agents w/ 110%+ agents fail left and right. Getting in front of a HIGH % of people who want more life insurance info matters most to me and probably to others as long as the contract % is decent/fair. The lower the cost to get in front of those people, the better. That's what will sustain you for the long haul. Renewals don't hurt either.

Also, especially w/ newer agents and even experienced agents, having ride-alongs can be priceless. I KNOW I wouldn't be in this business if a fella named BEN T. wouldn't have taken the time to show me the ropes live and in action. NASB is pretty good about doing this w/ their agents which gives them a higher rate of survival than some companies out there. I've seen agents take HIGH contracts and they are jumping up and down about it. BUT 6 months later they are complaining about the quality of leads OR NO LEADS, or their manager being across the country and not being able to help or having no hands on training or training of any kind for that matter.

I think I read on here recently that Reardon was doing FREE ride-alongs w/ agents who wanted to ride w/ him. My hats off to you buddy for helping out total strangers like that and giving these new agents a chance to survive this tough business. I'm SURE you're leaving those agents A LOT better off than you found them. You can make an impact not just on their lives but the lives of their families. So good for you and the things you do!

I think people should not be so dependant on company subsidized leads no matter what company.

I think people should not be so dependant on company subsidized leads no matter what company.
I thought that too until my last lead drop only netted about a .6 response. I have not asked but I am sure I could do my own drop if I wanted but I don't think many people are averaging under $21 a lead over an extended period of time.

I thought that too until my last lead drop only netted about a .6 response. I have not asked but I am sure I could do my own drop if I wanted but I don't think many people are averaging under $21 a lead over an extended period of time.

The only insurance companies that subsidize leads for FE ar LH and SL so one would do well to take the advice of not being dependent on those.

How many total drops did you do on your own? Just because your last drop sucked doesn't mean anything. Experienced agents don't worry about how a single drop performs. You have to look at the big picture and you have to have the balls to spend some money with no guarantees.

How many total drops did you do on your own? Just because your last drop sucked doesn't mean anything. Experienced agents don't worry about how a single drop performs. You have to look at the big picture and you have to have the balls to spend some money with no guarantees.
Big picture what is your long term average?

Well said Spur. I was in a situation were I was working with one other guy and I called him on Friday needing some motivation and the first thing he said to me is "man you are going to have to pump me up today". At NASB everyday you hear from three guys the killed it the day before. It is so educational and motivational I struggle to put a price on it. Then if you have a question about something one of them said you can get their email pretty easily and start a dialogue. Not to mention plenty of successful guys to do ride alongs with. I know I could get a higher comp somewhere else but I don't think I could match the production I will at NASB.

What kind of production are you doing with NASB?

Back